Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Orlando Chit Chat Thread XV

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Feature Presentation wrote:
I'm thinking to stay small with the .22 or .38 because I'm confident I can keep it on target and keep my balance through multiple shots. I don't want a bigger kick because, well, I'm tiny.

But I'm considering the 9 shots of the .22 over the 5 larger caliber shots of the .38. Trust me, once I start, I'm won't stop shooting until the target is dead. One way or another. Advice from the cops. Just wondering if I want more chances or bigger damage.

Bigger damage, ya never know how many rounds you'll have the chance ta get off, if ya hit "something" anywhere with a larger caliber shell, "it" won't git up  .  .  .  take a look at a 9MM, with a 12-15 shot clip if ya want both  .  .  .  not that I know ANYTHING about this sorta thing, or nuthin'  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Perfect, "shotgun shots" all around  .  .  .  Yukon Jack, with a side car of Canadian Club  .  .  .  down a few, and let's head ta "Shoot Straight" and cap a few  .  .  .  wink

Sep 09 10 09:39 am Link

Model

EricaDean

Altamonte Springs, Florida, US

EricaDean wrote:
Can't today since it's already past 12... the boss will be back from lunch at 1 wanting to get a couple of evictions filed.

Tomorrow? Hrm? Please?

sosdezign wrote:
Ya still workin' fer Scrooge McDuck I see  .  .  .  evictions fer lunch, that must be tasty  .  .  .  wink  I'll be sittin' in the Green Parrot in Key West tomorrow at lunch time, yer welcome ta join me  .  .  .

SOS

Damn it! Next week. Pick a day!

Sep 09 10 09:39 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

EricaDean wrote:

EricaDean wrote:
Can't today since it's already past 12... the boss will be back from lunch at 1 wanting to get a couple of evictions filed.

Tomorrow? Hrm? Please?

Damn it! Next week. Pick a day!

I should be back by Tuesday  .  .  .  unless I gits shot by "someone"  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Sep 09 10 09:41 am Link

Photographer

Photography by George

Orlando, Florida, US

I think a nice 9 mm Glock would be a good choice for her.  Not too much kick, and packs a whallop.

Sep 09 10 09:42 am Link

Model

EricaDean

sosdezign wrote:
Perfect, "shotgun shots" all around  .  .  .  Yukon Jack, with a side car of Canadian Club  .  .  .  down a few, and let's head ta "Shoot Straight" and cap a few  .  .  .  wink

I'm pretty awesome at taking down clay pigeons with a shotgun. Or anything else for that matter.

Always wanted a derringer... I'd like something I could easily conceal. wink And, well, I'm a good shot.

P.S. - I think you're just trying to help along Jesse's suspicion that you were (and maybe still are) a black ops solider or secret agent.

Sep 09 10 09:45 am Link

Model

EricaDean

sosdezign wrote:
I should be back by Tuesday  .  .  .  unless I gits shot by "someone"  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Tuesday it is! I'll hold you to it. And no, I don't want to go to Wally's.

Sep 09 10 09:46 am Link

Makeup Artist

Feature Presentation

Orlando, Florida, US

9mm has a higher chance of jamming when I need it. Rather go with the revolver.
Going to get my concealed weapons license. All I need now is some camo and a John Deere hat and I can officially be a redneck. I already live in Polk County.

Sep 09 10 09:50 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

EricaDean wrote:

I'm pretty awesome at taking down clay pigeons with a shotgun. Or anything else for that matter.

Always wanted a derringer... I'd like something I could easily conceal. wink And, well, I'm a good shot.

P.S. - I think you're just trying to help along Jesse's suspicion that you were (and maybe still are) a black ops solider or secret agent.

I publish children's books  .  .  .  that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it  .  .  .  heck, even Jake knows where I am, how "secret" is that  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Sep 09 10 10:01 am Link

Model

EricaDean

sosdezign wrote:
I publish children's books  .  .  .  that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it  .  .  .  heck, even Jake knows where I am, how "secret" is that  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Uh huh.

Sep 09 10 10:11 am Link

Model

EricaDean

Going to get my concealed weapons license. All I need now is some camo and a John Deere hat and I can officially be a redneck. I already live in Polk County.

Don't forget the dip!

Sep 09 10 10:11 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

EricaDean wrote:

Tuesday it is! I'll hold you to it. And no, I don't want to go to Wally's.

Nutz!!!!!!!  They have wonderful wallpaper ta enjoy durin' "lunch"  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Sep 09 10 10:27 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Get a few of the arsenal pieces from the "Expendables"  .  .  .  they never jam, OR run outta shells  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Sep 09 10 10:28 am Link

Makeup Artist

Feature Presentation

Orlando, Florida, US

EricaDean wrote:

Don't forget the dip!

mmmm, sexy

Sep 09 10 10:55 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

mmmm, sexy

'Specially the faded round circle on yer "butt pocket"  .  .  .  gotta luv a gurl with THAT goin' for her  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Sep 09 10 11:07 am Link

Makeup Artist

Feature Presentation

Orlando, Florida, US

sosdezign wrote:

'Specially the faded round circle on yer "butt pocket"  .  .  .  gotta luv a gurl with THAT goin' for her  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Maybe I can date my cousin too. Hell, why don't I go straight for the meth lab in my house and become a real Polk County regular.

Sep 09 10 11:11 am Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

Go with the 50 cal handgun...  If you hit, you'll just need the 1 shell..

Sep 09 10 11:25 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Maybe I can date my cousin too. Hell, why don't I go straight for the meth lab in my house and become a real Polk County regular.

"Date", ya mean havacouple of his kids don't ye  .  .  .  wink  Them "meth types" have wonderful teeth and gums  .  .  .  plus ya always hava chance of makin' yer house a Fourth of July exhibition at any moment  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Sep 09 10 12:00 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:
Go with the 50 cal handgun...  If you hit, you'll just need the 1 shell..

I gotta 3 shot .44 Navy Colt like that  .  .  .  if ya miss yer target and hit the tree next to "him", the tree'll most likely fall on 'im and kill 'em  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Sep 09 10 12:02 pm Link

Photographer

H E R B L I S H

Orlando, Florida, US

Finally; the end!

Sep 09 10 12:29 pm Link

Photographer

joeyk

Seminole, Florida, US

But I'm considering the 9 shots of the .22 over the 5 larger caliber shots of the .38.

My .38 comes highly recommended, and it holds 13, not 5...

Sep 09 10 01:02 pm Link

Photographer

Leon Bailey

Orlando, Florida, US

So do any of the photographers charge a late fee for those that show up real late?

Sep 09 10 01:17 pm Link

Model

EricaDean

Lasting Blueprint wrote:
So do any of the photographers charge a late fee for those that show up real late?

Are you charging for the shoot to begin with? And how late? If it's TF, you can simply tell 'em to take a hike. Trying to charge is likely to get you nowhere unless they're already paying you, and then you can say no shoot w/out extra $$.

Frankly, I'd love to charge photographers for all of the times I've shown up to TF ready to rock and roll and they end up fucking around with their damned equipment for the next hour or two. That's fine if there's a MUA, but when the model comes shoot-ready, YOU be shoot ready.

I can't charge, so I grin and bear it and just never shoot with them again.

Well, except the boyfriend. Boy-o says we'll all go down to the location together, so I get all ready, then when we get down there he and two other people spend a couple of hours setting up lights and silks and reflectors and all kinds of bullshit, while I stand around and melt and hurt my poor feets in horrid shoes. Anyone else and I would have just left.

Sep 09 10 01:43 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

EricaDean wrote:

Tomorrow? Hrm? Please?

I love it when the grovel...

Sep 09 10 01:59 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

I love it when you talk tough. Makes me want to grovel...

Sep 09 10 02:08 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

EricaDean wrote:

Are you charging for the shoot to begin with? And how late? If it's TF, you can simply tell 'em to take a hike. Trying to charge is likely to get you nowhere unless they're already paying you, and then you can say no shoot w/out extra $$.

Frankly, I'd love to charge photographers for all of the times I've shown up to TF ready to rock and roll and they end up fucking around with their damned equipment for the next hour or two. That's fine if there's a MUA, but when the model comes shoot-ready, YOU be shoot ready.

Well, except the boyfriend. Boy-o says we'll all go down to the location together, so I get all ready, then when we get down there he and two other people spend a couple of hours setting up lights and silks and reflectors and all kinds of bullshit, while I stand around and melt and hurt my poor feets in horrid shoes. Anyone else and I would have just left.

Don't I know it  .  .  .  ifin ya don't get "the shot" with ED in under 12 minutes, and 37 frames, she's outta dere  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Sep 09 10 02:28 pm Link

Model

EricaDean

sosdezign wrote:
Don't I know it  .  .  .  ifin ya don't get "the shot" with ED in under 12 minutes, and 37 frames, she's outta dere  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Damn straight. No patience in my old age.

Sep 09 10 02:39 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

EricaDean wrote:

Damn straight. No patience in my old age.

Based on that, I should want a two shot, twelve second shooting winda  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Sep 09 10 02:55 pm Link

Photographer

Leon Bailey

Orlando, Florida, US

EricaDean wrote:

Yeah, they are paying. It's not so much the photo shoots, it's my video shoots. Today and Sunday the people I were doing the video for showed up 2 hours late and 90 minutes late today. sad

Today I just left and said fuck it. Find someone else to your video.

Sep 09 10 04:03 pm Link

Photographer

Sheri Baldwin

Orlando, Florida, US

EricaDean wrote:

Sep 09 10 07:06 pm Link

Photographer

Younique by Patrick

Tampa, Florida, US

Just saying hello. purchased a nice house in spring hill today. can't wait to leave the chicago area and get back down there. its getting cold already up here smile Hope everyone is doing well!

Sep 09 10 07:19 pm Link

Photographer

H E R B L I S H

Orlando, Florida, US

All about it!

Sep 09 10 07:56 pm Link

Photographer

Charles Howse

Vero Beach, Florida, US

But I'm considering the 9 shots of the .22 over the 5 larger caliber shots of the .38.

joeyk wrote:
My .38 comes highly recommended, and it holds 13, not 5...

I think it depends on whether you expect the 'bad guy' to be armed or with several other bad guys. One wanna be bad dude with baseball bat is not likely to still be a threat after two rounds have hit or come near.

Sep 10 10 04:14 am Link

Makeup Artist

Feature Presentation

Orlando, Florida, US

Charles Howse -JAOF- wrote:

I think it depends on whether you expect the 'bad guy' to be armed or with several other bad guys. One wanna be bad dude with baseball bat is not likely to still be a threat after two rounds have hit or come near.

Most likely, one guy. And I don't know what to expect. He's not allowed to own firearms now. Not that that stops someone determined really. But I'm talking immediate threat here. You never know what might come along. And really, he doesn't have much in the balls department. I think one well placed shot will have him shitting his pants.

Sep 10 10 05:12 am Link

Model

EricaDean

SheriBaldwinPhotography wrote:

Sep 10 10 05:43 am Link

Model

EricaDean

Most likely, one guy. And I don't know what to expect. He's not allowed to own firearms now. Not that that stops someone determined really. But I'm talking immediate threat here. You never know what might come along. And really, he doesn't have much in the balls department. I think one well placed shot will have him shitting his pants.

If that's the case, a taser might be more fun.

Bzzzzzzzztttttt!

Sep 10 10 05:44 am Link

Model

EricaDean

Blanchard Photography wrote:
Just saying hello. purchased a nice house in spring hill today. can't wait to leave the chicago area and get back down there. its getting cold already up here smile Hope everyone is doing well!

No idea where Spring Hill is, but I hope you're here in time for the OMG in October. It will be fantabulous. smile

Sep 10 10 05:45 am Link

Makeup Artist

Feature Presentation

Orlando, Florida, US

EricaDean wrote:

If that's the case, a taser might be more fun.

Bzzzzzzzztttttt!

Nope, I'm going for dead.

Oooppsie, did I say that out loud?

Sep 10 10 05:46 am Link

Makeup Artist

Feature Presentation

Orlando, Florida, US

EricaDean wrote:

Are you asking me to dance? wink

naked? on a pole?
I have dollar bills

Sep 10 10 05:47 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

naked? on a pole?
I have dollar bills

I've got some too  .  .  .  howabout the two of ya do some dancin'  .  .  .  maybe a nice polka or sumethin'  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Sep 10 10 05:57 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

sosdezign wrote:

I've got some too  .  .  .  howabout the two of ya do some dancin'  .  .  .  maybe a nice polka or sumethin'  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Yeah, polka would be hot. Or clogging!!

Sep 10 10 06:20 am Link