Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Orlando Chit Chat Thread XV

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Finally!!!! A new page!!!

Y'all have some amaretto on the rocks for after dinner...

Yes, I did count the posts...

Sep 14 10 05:25 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

Frank Lewis Photography wrote:
Finally!!!! A new page!!!

Y'all have some amaretto on the rocks for after dinner...

Yes, I did count the posts...

So, you're trying to be top dog, are you???  Wanting the first page....  And thanks for the Amaretto...

Sep 14 10 05:33 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:

So, you're trying to be top dog, are you???  Wanting the first page....  And thanks for the Amaretto...

Only the best for you, son... https://liquorama.biz/images/Di%20Saronno%20750.jpg

Sep 14 10 05:59 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Feature Presentation

Orlando, Florida, US

Cobra Renee wrote:

Bitch!

That was my cup!

*looks around, steals CR's coffee cup, runs away giggling*

Sep 15 10 04:10 am Link

Photographer

Michael Kerrek

Orlando, Florida, US

Can anyone recommend a local Orlando shop that sells portfolio books? Google has failed to give me the names of local shops which stock such things.

Thanks!

Sep 15 10 05:06 am Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

Michael Kerrek wrote:
Can anyone recommend a local Orlando shop that sells portfolio books? Google has failed to give me the names of local shops which stock such things.

Thanks!

What size and style are you looking for? We do carry some at Harmon.

Sep 15 10 05:16 am Link

Photographer

Michael Kerrek

Orlando, Florida, US

11"x14"

Sep 15 10 05:31 am Link

Makeup Artist

Feature Presentation

Orlando, Florida, US

Oh, P.S., Joey, Keith, Mark

Suck it
http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=12080987

Sep 15 10 05:42 am Link

Photographer

H E R B L I S H

Orlando, Florida, US

Another beautiful day in the Farm!

Sep 15 10 06:08 am Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

Feature Presentation wrote:

Suck it

Left one or right one??  wink  lol 

But hey, I think the Rays would still own a tie breaker.. big_smile  It ain't over till it's over....  But it is a good series... 

And ummm, how much are the Yanks spending on payroll and they're having to duke it out with the lowest payroll team????  big_smile

Sep 15 10 06:11 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Michael Kerrek wrote:
11"x14"

Sam Flax?

Sep 15 10 06:15 am Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

Sam Flax?

I don't think they carry agency style.. I think they are more presentation cases..  We do have the more agency style books. I tagged him...

Sep 15 10 06:20 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Suck it

bessball been bery bery good to me

https://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/366/647/Garrett_Morris_display_image.jpg?1283057266
Garrett Morris -- SNL

Sep 15 10 06:21 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:

I don't think they carry agency style.. I think they are more presentation cases..  We do have the more agency style books. I tagged him...

10-4

Sep 15 10 06:21 am Link

Photographer

Al Abbazia

Orlando, Florida, US

bessball been bery bery good to me

https://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/366/647/Garrett_Morris_display_image.jpg?1283057266
Garrett Morris -- SNL

Holy crap, Frank. That is too funny. It's Chico Esquela (or something like that), the fictional New York Met. I remember he said, "Tom Seaver used to take up two parking spaces." Good stuff.

Sep 15 10 06:28 am Link

Makeup Artist

Feature Presentation

Orlando, Florida, US

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:

Left one or right one??  wink  lol 

But hey, I think the Rays would still own a tie breaker.. big_smile  It ain't over till it's over....  But it is a good series... 

And ummm, how much are the Yanks spending on payroll and they're having to duke it out with the lowest payroll team????  big_smile

Really Keith? I expected more then that tired old argument from you. And if money was the clincher, where the fuck are the Red Sux? Oh, that's right, they're limping along in third, where they've been the whole season. The Rays are a great team. I enjoy watching them. But I'm a die hard Yankee girl, always will be. And I enjoy watching you guys choke on your words when you bust my balls one day and have to eat them the next. tongue Remember, you guys started it with your smart ass remarks yesterday. I was content to watch my team win in peace. big_smile

Sep 15 10 07:08 am Link

Photographer

Mark Reese Photography

Brandon, Florida, US

Really Keith? I expected more then that tired old argument from you. And if money was the clincher, where the fuck are the Red Sux? Oh, that's right, they're limping along in third, where they've been the whole season. The Rays are a great team. I enjoy watching them. But I'm a die hard Yankee girl, always will be. And I enjoy watching you guys choke on your words when you bust my balls one day and have to eat them the next. tongue Remember, you guys started it with your smart ass remarks yesterday. I was content to watch my team win in peace. big_smile

Except for the fact I never said anything.... I will say this though, I think the AL rep in the series will come out of the West or Central divisions... The Yanks and Rays arebeating each other up too much and I think neither will have much left in post season.

Sep 15 10 07:18 am Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

Hell, I don't really even follow B-ball...  It's just fun to bust on ya.. smile  But yea, talent on the field is a big factor, and I think to a degree, just the desire to win...  But it is amazing to see a team like the Rays doing EXTREMELY well and still have the lowest payroll..  That is a big indicator that money can't always buy you success.. But you have to admit, it doesn't hurt and the Yanks have shown that.. But yea, they have had some EXTREMELY talented players, too..

Actually, the series the Rays and Yanks have had has made this an interesting year. And a fun one...  Sort of a David and Goliath...  Given my general lack of interest, I have to root for the home gang... But overall, gotta root for good games and these 2 have provided that.. My one roommate has been loving/hating it...  Hates nailbiters but loves great pitching duels... smile

Sep 15 10 07:20 am Link

Makeup Artist

Feature Presentation

Orlando, Florida, US

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:

Hell, I don't really even follow B-ball...  It's just fun to bust on ya.. smile  But yea, talent on the field is a big factor, and I think to a degree, just the desire to win...  But it is amazing to see a team like the Rays doing EXTREMELY well and still have the lowest payroll..  That is a big indicator that money can't always buy you success.. But you have to admit, it doesn't hurt and the Yanks have shown that.. But yea, they have had some EXTREMELY talented players, too..

Actually, the series the Rays and Yanks have had has made this an interesting year. And a fun one...  Sort of a David and Goliath...  Given my general lack of interest, I have to root for the home gang... But overall, gotta root for good games and these 2 have provided that.. My one roommate has been loving/hating it...  Hates nailbiters but loves great pitching duels... smile

Yeah, the games are keepig me up way too late and making me eat way too make TUMS! LMAO
And you have to consider this, the Rays have been lucky in the health department. I think the Yankees have handled the massive injury count extremely well. We've been without our most reliable pitcher most of the season. I think we'd be further ahead if we'd had better luck in that department. But it does make for an exciting season. But we both need to watch the Rangers. They've been tough!

Sep 15 10 07:25 am Link

Photographer

Mark Reese Photography

Brandon, Florida, US

Yeah, the games are keepig me up way too late and making me eat way too make TUMS! LMAO
And you have to consider this, the Rays have been lucky in the health department. I think the Yankees have handled the massive injury count extremely well. We've been without our most reliable pitcher most of the season. I think we'd be further ahead if we'd had better luck in that department. But it does make for an exciting season. But we both need to watch the Rangers. They've been tough!

Don't forget the Twins.... they're only a game back of the Rays and Yanks for best record in Baseball and in the NL the Phillies are really good.

Sep 15 10 07:32 am Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

Mark Reese Photography wrote:

Except for the fact I never said anything.... I will say this though, I think the AL rep in the series will come out of the West or Central divisions... The Yanks and Rays arebeating each other up too much and I think neither will have much left in post season.

See, I think the Rays are playing the role of junkyard mutts and are showing they can take on without a care the well trained special forces dogs. Kinda like the old days of football and leather helmets. That was a tough breed of football player that I don't think the players today could match. I kinda see the Rays that way this each.. Damn the torpedoes here we come..

The real question is if the make it deep into the playoffs, or the Series, will they be rewarded. Not just in money, but also attendance... It's sad a team doing as well as they are and not fill seats.

Sep 15 10 07:41 am Link

Photographer

i c e c o l d

Fort Myers, Florida, US

Are you crying?....There's no crying in baseball!!

Sep 15 10 07:50 am Link

Makeup Artist

Feature Presentation

Orlando, Florida, US

Mark Reese Photography wrote:

Don't forget the Twins.... they're only a game back of the Rays and Yanks for best record in Baseball and in the NL the Phillies are really good.

Yeah, the Twins are tough this year too, but I somehow just don't see them going all the way. Phillies are always a threat, but I'll worry about the NL in Post Season.

Sep 15 10 08:23 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Tryin' to motivate myself to do some editing. Meh...

I heard a rumor that a Yankees farm team might be coming to the City Beautiful.

Sep 15 10 09:20 am Link

Makeup Artist

Feature Presentation

Orlando, Florida, US

I heard that too. That would be fun. A co worker of mine just had her god son picked up by them. Maybe I have an in now for tickets. wink

Sep 15 10 09:26 am Link

Photographer

joeyk

Seminole, Florida, US

I didn't know that farm league baseball has two seasons, short and long, someone with a crapton of money is trying to buld a stadium over there and lure the TAMPA Yankees over for the short season games...

Sep 15 10 09:30 am Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

*cracks whip at dad!!!  Fix those Pixels!!!  big_smile*

Sep 15 10 09:34 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

joeyk wrote:

I didn't know that farm league baseball has two seasons, short and long, someone with a crapton of money is trying to buld a stadium over there and lure the TAMPA Yankees over for the short season games...

A new grass field would be cool, as long as us taxpayers don't have to pay for it.

The Tampa Yankees are a single A team, right?

Do single A teams use wood bats?

Sep 15 10 09:34 am Link

Makeup Artist

Feature Presentation

Orlando, Florida, US

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:

Kinky. And a little disturbing.

Sep 15 10 09:35 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:

Once again: Meh...

Wolfie, nothing serious, but can you get anything Pentax?
I'm interested in the new 35mm prime lens.

Last time I carcked a whip, I almost lost an ear!!

Sep 15 10 09:36 am Link

Photographer

joeyk

Seminole, Florida, US

A new grass field would be cool, as long as us taxpayers don't have to pay for it.

lol  Yeah, like an investor is gonna pay for it all...lol There is some history that suggests every time a stadium project was turned down by a city, it eventually gave in and paid for guilding it.

I heard the stats went back into the 70's...

Sep 15 10 09:38 am Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

Once again: Meh...

Wolfie, nothing serious, but can you get anything Pentax?
I'm interested in the new 35mm prime lens.

Last time I carcked a whip, I almost lost an ear!!

Unfortunately not.. Not being a dealer, no access..

Sep 15 10 09:40 am Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

joeyk wrote:

lol  Yeah, like an investor is gonna pay for it all...lol There is some history that suggests every time a stadium project was turned down by a city, it eventually gave in and paid for guilding it.

No shit.. Sarasota county caved in.. I swear, if every county govt. across the nation would stop caving in, these teams and businesses would still build. They're gonna make money. That's all they want..  These people need to ball up.... 

What I love are when losing teams do this crap..  Tell you what, have 6 winning seasons and we'll talk.. Otherwise, keep losing in a crappy stadium...

Sep 15 10 09:42 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

joeyk wrote:

No, it all started when the Dodgers went to LA. In 1958, majority owner Walter O'Malley moved the team to LA because Brooklyn wouldn't give him the deal he wanted for a new stadium. LA offered to pay for a new stadium and thus started the trend of forcing the taxpayers to pay for new stadiums instead of the team owner paying for their own stadium.

Sep 15 10 09:45 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:

No shit.. Sarasota county caved in.. I swear, if every county govt. across the nation would stop caving in, these teams and businesses would still build. They're gonna make money. That's all they want..  These people need to ball up.... 

What I love are when losing teams do this crap..  Tell you what, have 6 winning seasons and we'll talk.. Otherwise, keep losing in a crappy stadium...

You don't expect local politicians to have balls to ya??

Sep 15 10 09:47 am Link

Event Planner

Orlando Meet and Greet

Orlando, Florida, US

https://www.walker1812.com/borders/update.jpg
Updated the info to include our fourth named special guest model.

Luciane
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/walker1812/luciane.jpg

Sep 15 10 10:12 am Link

Photographer

i c e c o l d

Fort Myers, Florida, US

joeyk wrote:

Earlier this year 4 private investors were trying to get the Cubs to come to Naples, they were going to foot the bill for the land and the stadium.
http://www.naplesnews.com/news/sports/m … cago-cubs/
The City of Mesa, Az finally voted that they would come up with the 120m to keep the Cubs there. They don't know where they will get the 120m *cough*taxpayers*cough* but the council agreed to find it somewhere.

The investors than told Mesa to kiss their ass and are taking their cash elsewhere.

Plus I don't know if you heard about the new Red Sux stadium here in Ft. Myers...
http://www.overthemonster.com/2010/2/25 … g-training

The field, the grass and the "green monster" will be the exact size as their stadium in Boston, butthis will only seat 11,000. Nice huh?

What they don't tell you is:
1. Even after the city of Ft. Myers remodeled the exisiting stadium and added 1500 extra seats after they won the world series (for a nice sum of $11m), the Sox threatened to leave if they didn't get a new stadium to move into by spring 2012.

2. The city caved and agreed to build them one. Saying it would be good for the economy and we will use locals to build it. WRONG!!

3. The City is having to sell $89 million in bonds to build it.
http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2010/aug … bond-sale/

4. The local company who is going to build it, got bought out by a Top 20 in the nation contractor who has built several stadiums in the "dallas" area. Fired "layed off" all their local employees and brought in their own people!

5. The city had 3 other offers for free land to be donated to the city for the stadium location, but the city chose to buy a chunk of land for $18m for the stadium.

The entire Ft. Myers economy is going down the shitter, we have the second highest unemployment rate in the nation not to mention the housing crisis and the city just continues to give shit away.

No wonder they are broke.....and continue to milk the tax payers dry!

Sep 15 10 10:13 am Link

Event Planner

Orlando Meet and Greet

Orlando, Florida, US

Updated the info to include our Fifth named special guest model.

Lori Yin
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/walker1812/loriyin.jpg

Sep 15 10 10:17 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Orlando Meet and Greet wrote:
Updated the info to include our Fifth named special guest model.

Lori Yin
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/walker1812/loriyin.jpg

Geeeeezzzzzz, ALL the purty gurls come to you guys's parties  .  .  .  wink  I'm back, and the Keys survived once again  .  .  .

SOS

Sep 15 10 10:23 am Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

You don't expect local politicians to have balls to ya??

Would seem logical considering how many are dicks...  lol

Sep 15 10 10:30 am Link