Forums > General Industry > Have you heard of this Agency? Are they Ligit? BMG

Model

BlasianPrinc-s

Mounds View, Minnesota, US

Hello to all of you. I hope someone can help me. I received a referral from a model here on mm, Gabby mm# 1825825. I went to her account today and she no longer is there.....hmmmm? Suspicious!

I sent a e-mail and other information that she told me to. I have received two e-mails back from them BMG Modeling AGENCY. I asked several questions that I needed answer's to. I was very thorough. I feel if they are ligit they won't have a problem answering any of my question's. I have been on Google to search and the Better Business Bureau. Google I have found some information. Such as a website with all four of there locations and contact info. The BBB I found nothing as if they don't exist. I stumbled across a forum and the topic was BMG Modeling Agency are they ligit. Several individuals answered yes.

I am feeling 25/75 about them so far. More so that they are a scam. Unless I am told other wise. The e-mail had several typo's and that raised a flag for me also.

I would appreciate your help

God Bless,
Princ-s

Sep 22 10 07:43 am Link

Photographer

picturephoto

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Princ-s wrote:
Hello to all of you. I hope someone can help me. I received a referral from a model here on mm, Gabby mm# 1825825. I went to her account today and she no longer is there.....hmmmm? Suspicious!

I sent a e-mail and other information that she told me to. I have received two e-mails back from them BMG Modeling AGENCY. I asked several questions that I needed answer's to. I was very thorough. I feel if they are ligit they won't have a problem answering any of my question's. I have been on Google to search and the Better Business Bureau. Google I have found some information. Such as a website with all four of there locations and contact info. The BBB I found nothing as if they don't exist. I stumbled across a forum and the topic was BMG Modeling Agency are they ligit. Several individuals answered yes.

I am feeling 25/75 about them so far. More so that they are a scam. Unless I am told other wise. The e-mail had several typo's and that raised a flag for me also.

God Bless,
Princ-s

It is likely that the person who messaged you is not in any way affiliated with BMG.  If the email address you were given does not end with @bmgmodels.com, there's your answer.

Sep 22 10 07:47 am Link

Model

K_G

Detroit, Michigan, US

Princ-s wrote:

God Bless,
Princ-s

BMG in Chicago is a legit agency: www.bmgmodels.com. I know several girls who are repped by them. They are not a scam, but I do know that my friends are not booking a lot of work with them.

Keep in mind that the BBB does not have the inside scoop on a lot of stuff so I wouldn't trust anything you see in BBB.

Sounds to me like you need to read www.newmodels.com. Also another great resource so you can learn about the industry: www.joeedelman.com (click on "modeling resources"). Good luck.

Sep 22 10 07:49 am Link

Model

K_G

Detroit, Michigan, US

Richard Dubois wrote:
It is likely that the person who messaged you is not in any way affiliated with BMG.  If the email address you were given does not end with @bmgmodels.com, there's your answer.

+1

Sep 22 10 07:49 am Link

Model

BlasianPrinc-s

Mounds View, Minnesota, US

Thank-you all of you who have responded. A photographer I am booking with for a shoot referred me to another model who works with them. She also is here on mm. So I contacted her also. The e-mail address [email protected] So things are starting to add up.

I am just extra cautious. I have been in the game on and off since I was 15 and now I am 42. I never have been burned and I want to keep that way. Momma didn't raise no fool...*LOL*!

My best to all of you, with GOD anything is possible!

Princ-s

Sep 22 10 09:25 am Link