Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > "Download in High Resolution"

Photographer

Novus Photography

Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada

Yay. God bless Zuckerburg, and his quest to completely destroy any right one has to privacy. Make it easy to steal images. Take what I want to share with my family, and make it open for anyone to download. From profile photos, to my business groups, to photos of my kids I share with family back home.

FUCK YOU, facebook. I'm done. As of tomorrow, I'm cancelling my accounts. This is bullshit.

Oct 10 10 02:41 am Link

Photographer

Odin Photo

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

Some stuff fb has pulled is pretty up there in the bullshit arena, but as far as pics go, I just load small images so no one can get a decent print over a 4x6. No muss no fuss. Good enough quality viewed at 100% to see that the image is well done but if you even go to 200% the pixelation is staring you right in the face.

Oct 10 10 03:13 am Link

Photographer

Aspect By Allanah

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom

Odin Photo wrote:
Some stuff fb has pulled is pretty up there in the bullshit arena, but as far as pics go, I just load small images so no one can get a decent print over a 4x6. No muss no fuss. Good enough quality viewed at 100% to see that the image is well done but if you even go to 200% the pixelation is staring you right in the face.

defientely +1
plus, this is the internet, what more do you expect, ANYONE could look at your photos, anyone at all, even if its on private. one minute someone who is looking at it, could save it, then share it with others, then they end up posting it online somewhere else, then more people download it and upload it etc.

Oct 10 10 03:17 am Link

Photographer

Roy Hubbard

East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, US

Ridiculous. Just don't upload a higher resolution than you want to be available.

Oct 10 10 03:33 am Link

Photographer

jesse paulk

Phoenix, Arizona, US

The new uploading tools, which have gradually been improved  with more advanced Flash technology, will give Facebook members the option to upload a photo in 2048-pixel resolution and offer their friends the chance to download them. "It's enough pixels to print out a 5x7 print at 300 DPI," Odio explained. Then, when they've uploaded them, they'll be able to tag their friends in them in bulk rather than individually.

simmah down meow!

Oct 10 10 03:35 am Link

Photographer

Solas

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm sure all 500 million of its users will miss you terribly.

--

Karl Johnston
Adventure Photographer

www.karljohnston.com

Oct 10 10 03:38 am Link

Photographer

FKVPhotography

Ocala, Florida, US

Just don't upload high rez images or ones that may provide you income. Nothing I upload is any higher than 72dpi and really of no use to anyone since most is family oriented and if found to be used by someone else leaves them open to law suit for using an image with a model release.

I'm one of those people who carry my lawyers card in my wallet!

Oct 10 10 04:19 am Link

Photographer

ME_

Atlanta, Georgia, US

??? Don't upload big images and then nobody can download big images.

What did you think, Facebook is going to magically create these pictures out of thin air? They're only providing what people willingly give to them. Don't give them high res and then nobody can download high res.

Oct 10 10 06:30 am Link

Photographer

Karl Blessing

Caledonia, Michigan, US

Roy Hubbard wrote:
Ridiculous. Just don't upload a higher resolution than you want to be available.

Kind of a duh right there, you'd think a bunch of whining photographers can figure out how to use their own tools to keep shit under 900x600 or whatever when uploading.

Oct 10 10 08:03 am Link

Artist/Painter

Christopher Willingham

Long Beach, California, US

Let's recap people:

As a rule of thumb - do not put anything online that you do not want people to download ha hahahaa!

Oct 10 10 10:16 am Link

Photographer

Perish Motel

Midland, Texas, US

Art of CIP wrote:
Let's recap people:

As a rule of thumb - do not put anything online that you do not want people to download ha hahahaa!

i would add to this another rule of thumb.

knowing how to resize your images as a photographer should be like knowing how to add as an accountant.

/smh

Oct 10 10 12:48 pm Link