Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Short skirt. Don't sit down if it's too short.

Photographer

Fotticelli

Rockville, Maryland, US

AdelaideJohn1967 wrote:
.... you could see this patch of darkness under

That dark patch is called pubic hair.

Nov 09 10 09:29 am Link

Photographer

Jeffrey Engel

Waltham, Massachusetts, US

The Original Sin  wrote:
I have a major breaking news flash- even for those not comfortable with nudity, slips and the occasional uh-oh happen.  Well-mannered individuals make absolutely no indication that they have notice such things, and wait until they can discreetly indicate to the person afflicted with the uh-oh that they have more on display than they would like.

And gentlemen don't holler from the rooftops about getting an accidental eyeful of a covered hooha.

I'm going to wear a pant garment which is form-fitting around my johnson, walk around in public and get angry and tell the people they are rude when they stare at it and give me weird expressions.

It's kind of funny when you think about it. Women wear tight clothing meant to totally show off their breasts, hips, ass, legs, but if we react a certain way about it, we're not being "polite".

What about the initial behavior from the person who chose to wear it? Does the word "polite" come into play in terms of choosing to wear those clothes to begin with? Were they being polite to the people around them when they decided to wear the mini skirt or ass hugging jeans? I don't think so. I think they wanted people to think "god damn she's hot!" and they wanted people to imagine what it would be like to "engage" that body.

Keep in mind, I'm not COMPLAINING. And I'm totally polite. However, I'm also not a liar. I'm just being honest about it. Seems like nobody is honest about this stuff.

Nov 09 10 09:30 am Link

Model

Natasha240

Cassina de' Pecchi, Lombardy, Italy

I don't really wear short skirts anymore, and have not for a while. In fact, I noticed that if I try on a skirt and it hits above the knee, I feel sort of naked. Which is weird, because I have no problem with nudity in general. But one day, I was wearing a just above the knee skirt, but it had lots of pleats. I was waiting for the bus and a wind gust came and I ended up with the hem of the skirt in my eyes for a minute. LOL, all I could think was "Do I have cute underwear on today, or period underwear?"  lol

Nov 09 10 10:44 am Link

Model

Vasilisa-art

London, England, United Kingdom

976 Photography wrote:
So, a girl wears an 8-inch mini skirt, high heels, tight top with ample cleavage on display, all so that guys will NOT look at her? Yea, right.

I agree, many guys do not know how to act around women, and many women get unwanted cat-calls when just walking down the street in jeans and a tee shirt.

But when a woman dresses for attention, and then complains about getting the attention... that's what bothers me.

Urgh, I hate this mentality. I dress for me. Some days, I feel like wearing a short skirt because I like the way my legs look, some days I wear low cut tops (a lot of days) because, frankly, I like my boobs and high-necks tops just aren't that comfortable. It's nobody's business how I choose to dress and I definitely don't want neanderthals whistling at me. Some men really need to learn that the world (and what I/other women choose to wear) doesn't revolve around them.

As for the OP...so basically you're a guy who sits on buses and looks up women's skirts?  borat

Nov 09 10 10:50 am Link

Model

Natasha240

Cassina de' Pecchi, Lombardy, Italy

Vasilisa-art wrote:
Urgh, I hate this mentality. I dress for me. Some days, I feel like wearing a short skirt because I like the way my legs look, some days I wear low cut tops (a lot of days) because, frankly, I like my boobs and high-necks tops just aren't that comfortable. It's nobody's business how I choose to dress and I definitely don't want neanderthals whistling at me. Some men really need to learn that the world (and what I/other women choose to wear) doesn't revolve around them.

See, I disagree with this mentality to a degree. If I feel like dressing sexy, or in a matter that I know will show off my body in an appealing way, I KNOW that people are going to look. It may not be my purpose, but I know it's going to happen. In fact, I was at a dinner at a friends house a few weeks ago, wearing a shirt with a low V in the front, that really amps up my boobs. During dinner, she kept staring at my boobs when we were talking. Mind you, she's old enough to be my mother. She even said to me during dinner, "I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be rude, but I keep staring at your boobs, I can't help it". I just laughed and said "I know, I'd look too. How could you not?"  It's just the way it is, and I accept it.

If you see a diamond ring displayed on black velvet, and shined up real good, you're more apt to look at it, aren't you?

Nov 09 10 10:57 am Link

Photographer

SKPhoto

Newark, California, US

The Original Sin  wrote:
I have a major breaking news flash- even for those not comfortable with nudity, slips and the occasional uh-oh happen.  Well-mannered individuals make absolutely no indication that they have notice such things, and wait until they can discreetly indicate to the person afflicted with the uh-oh that they have more on display than they would like.

And gentlemen don't holler from the rooftops about getting an accidental eyeful of a covered hooha.

More breaking news - most accidental displays...aren't. Well mannered individuals understand the limitations and possibilities of their attire.

If you don't want buyers knockin on your door don't put out advertising.

Nov 09 10 11:01 am Link

Model

Vasilisa-art

Natasha240 wrote:

See, I disagree with this mentality to a degree. If I feel like dressing sexy, or in a matter that I know will show off my body in an appealing way, I KNOW that people are going to look. It may not be my purpose, but I know it's going to happen. In fact, I was at a dinner at a friends house a few weeks ago, wearing a shirt with a low V in the front, that really amps up my boobs. During dinner, she kept staring at my boobs when we were talking. Mind you, she's old enough to be my mother. She even said to me during dinner, "I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be rude, but I keep staring at your boobs, I can't help it". I just laughed and said "I know, I'd look too. How could you not?"  It's just the way it is, and I accept it.

If you see a diamond ring displayed on black velvet, and shined up real good, you're more apt to look at it, aren't you?

Inadvertently catching a glimpse of something or eyes wandering when you're seated opposite/speaking to someone are slightly different to staring/turning around and watching/whistling/making comments. I'm talking about the latter when I refer to 'attention'.

Nov 09 10 11:04 am Link

Photographer

Sleepy Weasel

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

1. The woman is responsible for what she's wearing, especially if it includes a super short skirt and semi-transparent underwear.

2. Any guy that draws so much attention to what he's looking at to the point of making the woman uncomfortable is an idiot and ruins it for the rest of us that can covertly appreciate the random occurrence as a bright spot in our day without ruining someone else's.

3. Don't talk about Fight Club.

Nov 09 10 11:15 am Link

Photographer

A-M-P

Orlando, Florida, US

Why is there a thread over this, OP have you never seen panties before?

Nov 09 10 11:25 am Link

Model

The Duchess of Dork

Washington, District of Columbia, US

The Duchess of Dork wrote:
The trick is to keep your legs closed.

Sol wrote:
an effective birth control measure as well

Ha!

Nov 09 10 11:36 am Link

Model

The Duchess of Dork

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Kincaid Blackwood wrote:

That's just stupid.  When do nerds of any age know what they're wearing?

*sob*

Nov 09 10 11:38 am Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

AdelaideJohn1967 wrote:
Noooooo She was in fact in undies thin white lace, accept you could see this patch of darkness under

so you didnt just notice and politely look away..you tried to memorize as much as possible..

go find a girlfriend...stop gawking at random women...

Nov 09 10 11:48 am Link

Photographer

976 Photography

Shreveport, Louisiana, US

Vasilisa-art wrote:

So, you like how your legs look in short skirts... and you, what...walk around looking at your own legs? Or are you not showing off your legs because you like the way they look?

Which is exactly my point. If you like how your body looks in certain clothes, and you want to show it off by wearing those clothes, then you want people to notice you. You're asking for attention. I'm not saying guys should be whistling, yelling out catcalls, oogling you with their tongues hanging out... but you don't "show off" your legs in a short skirt so that you can look at them yourself. You show them off so other people can admire them.

Natasha240 wrote:

Thank you, that's what I mean.

Nov 09 10 11:48 am Link

Model

Frances Jewel

Dayton, Ohio, US

OP, you would of had to of been staring at her crotch to begin with to catch a peek at her panties...I mean come on, really.....You were blatently staring at her crotch, unless her seats were above yours....

Nov 09 10 01:33 pm Link

Model

Bon voyage MM

Honolulu, Hawaii, US

Who. Cares.

Nov 09 10 01:55 pm Link

Photographer

Mr Banner

Hayward, California, US

i like when they have short skirts and sit with their legs open. 

sometimes it winks at me.

Nov 09 10 02:10 pm Link

Photographer

RodsHotShots

Blaine, Washington, US

I sat across from an attractive lady on a ferry boat that was wearing a short skirt. She falls asleep and you could have painted a picture of her pussy. Every person who walked by was smiling.

Anyway its a power trip and its a sex surge for women.

They take home the picture in their minds of men sneaking a peak and pull open the nightstand for the handy penis replacement.. vrooom the vibrator. Of course men do the same even if they are with a women in a relationship. They fanatize about what they see.

Looking and to enjoy looking is the reason the race continues. Why does the ass look so good to people when a person walks by? Its suppose too. We procreate. We need to be motivated to do that.

Models just capitalize on what humans need. Its called sex appeal.

We have one style of dressing extreme where ladies cover themselves such as in wearing quaker garb. Then we have the other extreme of dressing that a lot of MM women promote and that is the Victoria Secret image of a woman. Sheer sexy, revealing and alluring.

My choice is V.S. style. Makes me want to do a photo shoot.

Nov 09 10 02:26 pm Link

Model

Erin Holmes

Albuquerque, New Mexico, US

Everyone knows you shouldn't sit down when your skirt is too short. Just have sex against the wall in it.

Nov 09 10 02:52 pm Link

Photographer

John Photography

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

ShivaKitty wrote:

The way the OP worded the post makes it sound as though he noticed the woman was wearing a short skirt (whether or not that was intentional and her part) and was hoping he would be able to see her bloomers when she sat, and was therefore looking to see them.

No I DID NOT intend to look in her general direction .. I was lookin towards the windows and at other people then noticed the people on my left and right looking rather oddly ahead.... Then I looked at her and was rather surprised....... Love how I get picked on for just saying something that happened in an ordinary day.

Nov 09 10 04:11 pm Link

Photographer

Fashion Photographer

Vasilisa-art wrote:
Urgh, I hate this mentality. I dress for me. Some days, I feel like wearing a short skirt because I like the way my legs look, some days I wear low cut tops (a lot of days) because, frankly, I like my boobs and high-necks tops just aren't that comfortable. It's nobody's business how I choose to dress and I definitely don't want neanderthals whistling at me. Some men really need to learn that the world (and what I/other women choose to wear) doesn't revolve around them. The fact that they don't want something doesn't make it bad.

As for the OP...so basically you're a guy who sits on buses and looks up women's skirts?  borat

I whistle for me. Some days I feel like asserting my sexuality, and demonstrating that I have sexual urges. Sometimes I grunt. Sometimes I eat lots, and sometimes I whistle. I eat foods I don't want as a staple. I whistle at girls I don't want to marry. Some girls need to learn that the world (and what men do) doesn't revolve around them.

I felt that was the reply which that post deserved, but in all seriousness, OP, some women, just like some men, are exhibitionists. It's obvious when they are, and to the extent that the exhibitionists are attractive, their relationship with the opposite sex is symbiotic.

A lady doesn't dress in a vulgar manner, and a gentleman doesn't act in one. But complaining about either is like complaining about the birds in the sky.

Nov 09 10 04:24 pm Link

Photographer

John Photography

Vasilisa-art wrote:

I beg your pardon.............You do not know what I do from day to day and I think this is a personal attack...... This was accidental and I didn't stare at her.. But what is seen can't be unseen......it's not as if you can go back in time and cover your eyes up and god forbid you catch someone flashing you.......

As for the other wankers in here having a go it was not intentional.... for the Nth time. But I thought it would cause no harm posting the little story of what happened.

Geez Louise

Nov 09 10 04:25 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

The Original Sin  wrote:

This!  borat

Nov 09 10 04:27 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

AdelaideJohn1967 wrote:
I beg your pardon.............You do not know what I do from day to day and I think this is a personal attack...... This was accidental and I didn't stare at her.. But what is seen can't be unseen......it's not as if you can go back in time and cover your eyes up and god forbid you catch someone flashing you.......

As for the other wankers in here having a go it was not intentional.... for the Nth time. But I thought it would cause no harm posting the little story of what happened.

Geez Louise

Please!  You posted about seeing some woman's undies, not those who are commenting to your post.  Negative stories get negative feedback.  Post something positive next time!

On second thought, don't post anything positive.  Every time I've posted any positive stories, it gets buried right away.  The dirty laundry always gets the attention.

Nov 09 10 04:31 pm Link

Model

S. Stark

Los Angeles, California, US

men's entires asses hang right out of their pants almost anywhere you look.

so what?

Nov 09 10 04:36 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

I'm shocked by the hostility this subject has generated.

I am of the opinion that women who wear short skirts should be rewarded by society. I don't think there is a more beautiful way for a woman to express her grace and beauty than with a nice miniskirt or mini-dress. Donna Karan's A-line creations are  glorious. I wish we were living in a society where we are secure enough to be able to say to a woman, "Excuse me mam but I would just like to thank you for this wonderful outfit you have on. My day will be brighter thanks to your kindness in sharing your beauty with us!"

There is nothing sexier than the right woman in the right mini and if upon sitting she were to find herself in an embarrassing situation I would offer her my suit coat to solve the problem.

So, to all you glorious women who wear short skirts and minidresses, thank you! In this cold harsh world your long legs and exciting thighs are appreciated, by me at least!

Nov 09 10 04:36 pm Link

Photographer

Bek Ruszin

Buffalo, New York, US

Fotticelli wrote:

That dark patch is called pubic hair.

Or in this case...PUBLIC hair.  tongue

Nov 09 10 04:45 pm Link

Photographer

Fashion Photographer

AdelaideJohn1967 wrote:
.... you could see this patch of darkness under

Is it just me who thought of Joseph Conrad?

Nov 09 10 04:55 pm Link

Photographer

Brooklyn Bridge Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

Sleepy Weasel wrote:
3. Don't talk about Fight Club.

Dave Chappelle covered this subject.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K1KHqi9bXc

Nov 09 10 05:00 pm Link

Photographer

SKPhoto

Newark, California, US

Damon Banner wrote:
i like when they have short skirts and sit with their legs open. 

sometimes it winks at me.

Nah...it's like when a baby smiles at you.

It was just gas.

lol

Nov 09 10 05:02 pm Link

Photographer

John Photography

Kincaid Blackwood wrote:

C'mon, man.

There's not a guy around who'd act like he's never noticed something like this before.  There's not a woman around who'll act like guys don't notice these things, either.  But you make yourself look really, really bad by your continued posting.  Just stop.

Continued Posting????????????  What?

This is a fucking forum of course I'll post here.........  I don't know whether or not I look bad by posting...... And how does that happen? I've never posted anything too conroversial or inflamatory...... And this just a stupid story of something that happened.

Geez Louise.......

Nov 09 10 05:11 pm Link

Model

JonellG

Fredericksburg, Virginia, US

976 Photography wrote:

eh, still on her IMO. I'm always amazed when women blatantly wear overly revealing clothing to garner attention to themselves, then complain or act embarrassed when they get guys looking at them.

If you don't want guys staring at your boobs... don't wear a shirt with a neckline down to your navel. If you don't want guys looking up your short 6-inch mini skirt... don't wear a short 6-inch mini skirt.

Word. If im wearing a mini skirt and you don't look it would annoy me. Women who bitch about it are just complete attention whores. They want you to look and they want everyone to know you looked so they bitch.

Nov 09 10 05:16 pm Link

Model

-Jen-

Howell, Michigan, US

ShivaKitty wrote:

Were you on a school bus, on your way to fourth grade???

Getting all giggity-giggity over a woman's bloomers because she had a wardrobe mishap is the same as someone staring at *your* cock when you go to pee in a public bathroom. Invasive, disrespectful, and in bad taste.

you mean you don't do that?

whoops.

lol

Nov 09 10 05:23 pm Link

Model

-Jen-

Howell, Michigan, US

Davepit wrote:

I whistle for me. Some days I feel like asserting my sexuality, and demonstrating that I have sexual urges. Sometimes I grunt. Sometimes I eat lots, and sometimes I whistle. I eat foods I don't want as a staple. I whistle at girls I don't want to marry. Some girls need to learn that the world (and what men do) doesn't revolve around them.

I felt that was the reply which that post deserved, but in all seriousness, OP, some women, just like some men, are exhibitionists. It's obvious when they are, and to the extent that the exhibitionists are attractive, their relationship with the opposite sex is symbiotic.

A lady doesn't dress in a vulgar manner, and a gentleman doesn't act in one. But complaining about either is like complaining about the birds in the sky.

I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't have looked.

*shrug*

I also check out hot guys junk to see if I can get a look at the way its laying in his underwear.

Nov 09 10 05:26 pm Link

Photographer

Kat M Photography

Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada

I think if a woman dresses in a short skirt, or a deep v neck to show off her cleavage, men have every right to look.

That being said, I do NOT think they have a right to approach said woman and be a creep about it.

I look at women and men all the time, it's not intentional, and if women want men to stop looking, maybe put those side blinders like horses wear on them. How fucking ridiculous would that be? That's way too much to ask.

Look, but don't take it any further.

Nov 09 10 05:38 pm Link

Photographer

ATMPhotos

Brooklyn, New York, US

Christopher Hartman wrote:
How do you know this was not intentional?

That's what I was thinking...

Nov 09 10 06:59 pm Link

Photographer

Quay Lude

Madison, Wisconsin, US

I woulda checked out her snoopy. That seems pretty normal to me. But, I probably would have forgot about it five minutes later and not started a thread on an interweb forum.

Now, if you'll excuse me, my neighbor is getter her breast pump out and her curtains are a little bit open.

Nov 09 10 07:15 pm Link

Photographer

976 Photography

Shreveport, Louisiana, US

Jonell Gottlieb wrote:

Word. If im wearing a mini skirt and you don't look it would annoy me. Women who bitch about it are just complete attention whores. They want you to look and they want everyone to know you looked so they bitch.

Well, rest assured if I saw you in a mini skirt, I'd be lookin
big_smile

Nov 09 10 07:32 pm Link

Photographer

Kelvin Hammond

Billings, Montana, US

AdelaideJohn1967 wrote:

Geez Louise

LOL methinks thou doth protest too much...

Own it, man.

I looked, I liked, I posted (with a graphic enough description that we all got the visual even without being there).

btw... we also own our wankerness. Yup, that's right. We sometimes spank the junk after such an encounter. Sometimes not. It's really quite random. Depends on how intense it was, and when we last got some, or if there's something to divert our attention on TV, or if there's any beer, or if mom's coming over to visit.

Nov 10 10 05:01 pm Link

Model

StarDoll

Pulaski, Virginia, US

Sit your purse on your lap while sitting.  Problem solved. smile

Nov 10 10 05:03 pm Link

Photographer

John Photography

Smedley Whiplash wrote:

LOL methinks thou doth protest too much...

Own it, man.

I looked, I liked, I posted (with a graphic enough description that we all got the visual even without being there).

btw... we also own our wankerness. Yup, that's right. We sometimes spank the junk after such an encounter. Sometimes not. It's really quite random. Depends on how intense it was, and when we last got some, or if there's something to divert our attention on TV, or if there's any beer, or if mom's coming over to visit.

Whatever.

Nov 10 10 05:15 pm Link