Forums > General Industry > Am I just another GWC?

Photographer

DJTalStudios

Seattle, Washington, US

Posted by EricMuss-Barnes: 
Thanks. I learned a lot from an award-winning cinematographer. He really showed me how to see light and pay attention to it. I still feel I've only scratched the surface. Very, very few people understand light and how it works.

Isn't it funny how we will NEVER know EVERYTHING about lighting? I often go out late at night and just shoot different light. Like my fav light beams through fog...

I LOVE the look it creates and want to try and duplicate it. I always carry my Nikon 990 with me and often shoot someone Im having dinner with at Denny's because of how the light looks on them. And I make notes. Have a library of lighting set ups that I want to play with.

The TRUE education like MOST education doesn't take place in a classroom it takes place in the field is my personal thinking.

May 09 05 06:39 am Link

Photographer

Ty Simone

Edison, New Jersey, US

Posted by SayCheeZ!: 
Yeppers, a 'GWC' is simply a guy that calls himself a 'photographer' in an attempt to get 'em naked and/or attempting to meet models to score a date.

A wider definition of a 'GWC' also includes the people that run out and buy a camera and instantly claims professional status, while their portfolio (if they have a portfolio) displays photos that can be ranked 'amateur' quality at best.

AH HA ! I finally found my niche!

Seriously, I like your images. More work, more practice, and you too an call yourself a PGWC - That is Professional Guy with Camera!

May 09 05 06:58 am Link

Photographer

jimmyd

Los Angeles, California, US

Posted by Hugh  Jorgen: 
I spent a couple minutes on your main image in photoshop..
Looks very nice when you just adjust the levels..

yah, levels are seriously off in that image. i had PS'd it on my laptop and didn't really look at it again on a good monitor until you pointed that out. thanks.

May 09 05 10:46 am Link

Photographer

Eric Jackson

Dayton, Ohio, US

GWC's are for the most part are guys that have ulterior motives for working with models; There is very little intent to take flattering photographs, it's just a question of how many they can date and bed if possible. So if that's your sole purpose for photographing women, then yes you are one of the many low life GWC's.

May 09 05 06:40 pm Link

Photographer

Daniel Hice Image Works

Kennesaw, Georgia, US

I just modified my main to be where I think it needs to be. Is this closer to what you guys are thinking or am I still missing the boat? I don't want it to be to light.

May 09 05 07:54 pm Link