This thread was locked on 2013-01-13 04:47:21
Forums > General Industry > "PUSH" Models (agency)

Model

JR Artistic

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

I Did do a search, but since the words 'push' and 'model' come up so often, I couldn't find any answers.

I have recently been contacted by an agency called "push Models". From my understnading, they book models for promo gigs and the like - fashion shows included. They claimed to have found me here on MM, but since my email is not posted here, I'm not sure how legit that is.

They do have a website, I have done some research on google, and their emails do seem legit. Just wondering if anyone has heard of, worked for, or hired models from this company, and what your experiences were.

Dec 06 10 02:04 pm Link

Model

KimberlyErin

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

They also contacted me and I was wondering the same thing!  Has anyone had any experiences with them?

Dec 06 10 04:30 pm Link

Photographer

David Urbanke

New York, New York, US

http://pushmodels.com/?

That doesn't look like a great agency to me...

Dec 06 10 06:18 pm Link

Photographer

M_M_P

Seattle, Washington, US

David Urbanke wrote:
http://pushmodels.com/?

That doesn't look like a great agency to me...

I just looked at the same site. Usually most businesses have a website that is www. theirname. com, so I skip google unless I don't come up with anything.

Does not look like such a great agency to me either, but perhaps you should try and talk to models who currently work with them to see if they make any money.

Dec 06 10 06:23 pm Link

Photographer

Dan Robb

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

i don't know if we're talking about the same push... but there's a reputable agency here in toronto by that name.

www.pushthetalent.com

Daniel Robb

TWITTER:
www.twitter.com/danielrobbphoto
FACEBOOK:
www.facebook.com/pages/DANIEL-ROBB-PHOT … 8979070377
BLOG:
www.daniel-robb.tumblr.com/
PORTFOLIO:
www.daniel-robb.com/

Dec 06 10 09:01 pm Link

Model

JR Artistic

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Daniel Robb wrote:
i don't know if we're talking about the same push... but there's a reputable agency here in toronto by that name.

www.pushthetalent.com

Daniel Robb

TWITTER:
www.twitter.com/danielrobbphoto
FACEBOOK:
www.facebook.com/pages/DANIEL-ROBB-PHOT … 8979070377
BLOG:
www.daniel-robb.tumblr.com/
PORTFOLIO:
www.daniel-robb.com/

nope, not that one. It is Pushmodels.com
and they aren't really an 'agency' in the way that Elite or ford is an agency - they are more like a work agency for promo events, I believe.

Dec 07 10 06:11 am Link

Photographer

Sungoddess Studios

Keyport, New Jersey, US

This is an old thread. I was doing a little research.
Apparently you get paid if they get paid in some circumstances.
http://www.eventspeak.com/modules/newbb … 77&forum=7

They are a franchise opportunity. therefore all are not alike.
http://www.positivemoneyideas.com/busin … ush-Models

A member of BBB for 3 years A+
http://www.bbb.org/central-northern-wes … -97017506/

http://www.beawoman.org/push-models-las … lita-2011/

Well, if you like marketing, meeting new people, have sales experience, Promo modeling may be an answer

Mar 15 11 04:25 am Link

Model

Erlebnisse

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

They are a promo company - much like Femmes Fatales, Girls of Glam, or Bambi Dolls (to name a few Toronto ones).

I am on their roster for promo models. Castings come up almost every week, I have to decline most of them because a lot of the time, it's the same one in Barrie that I can't get transportation for but they seem legit. I have spoken to one of their reps on the phone and he seemed professional.

Haven't done anything yet for them though, their client base seems a bit limited.

Mar 15 11 03:42 pm Link

Photographer

Keys88 Photo

New York, New York, US

From the website, it looks like they're a staffing company that staffs out "Bud-Light Girls" and "Jagermeister Girls" . . .etc., to bars for events.

That does NOT generally fall into the traditional definition of "Promotional Modeling" (which is really more geared towards big convention-type events and usually requires the models to speak aloud about a particular product/service.)

That said, I know several women in NYC who do these types of bar/liquor/beer promotional events and they all hate it.  They get paid $150 for four hours of work, walking around a crowded bar, wearing next to nothing, having to be "friendly" (but, of course, not TOO friendly) with a bunch of drunks.  Some of them do manage to get more than one event scheduled for the same day, so the money goes up, but probably not enough to make this an attractive option.

Mar 15 11 04:01 pm Link

Model

HayleyMarieC

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

They are 100% legit I work for them and they are great!!! They just came to Canada in January but have a solid company in various states already.

Mar 16 11 02:03 pm Link

Model

Kat Schrull

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

Yea i know this isnt the same thing but i have been getting alot of creepy emails saying "saw you on mm" my email adress isnt on here. Soo wierd.

Mar 16 11 02:10 pm Link

Photographer

Sungoddess Studios

Keyport, New Jersey, US

I researched this. When I noticed a model represented by them answering a casting call. They are a franchise from Arizona where they hold 90% of the market there. Trade shows is their mainstay. when they hit a new market area the owner must do his footwork.

Mar 16 11 02:12 pm Link

Model

JR Artistic

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Thanks for all the info. I'm going back to school soon anyways, so promo modeling isn't for me, but at least I can be fairly certain they are not a scam.

They do ask for your address, and other personal information, so I wanted to be sure smile

Mar 17 11 02:09 pm Link

Photographer

Ezhini

Wichita, Kansas, US

M_M_P wrote:

I just looked at the same site. Usually most businesses have a website that is www. theirname. com, so I skip google unless I don't come up with anything.

FYI:  www is only one section of the internet. Websites can be run and delivered without www. Lack of www in itself is not an indication of the illegitimacy of a business.

Mar 18 11 02:38 pm Link

Model

Lunie Elie

Miami, Florida, US

I was contacted as well

Sep 27 12 10:54 am Link

Photographer

B R U N E S C I

Bath, England, United Kingdom

JR Artistic wrote:
I have recently been contacted by an agency called "push Models"..

KimberlyErin wrote:
They also contacted me

Lunie Elie wrote:
I was contacted as well

Any 'agency' that contacts you via the internet is likely to be more interested in parting you from your money than finding you actual work, regardless of the claims they make.

Real agencies get 1000s of girls contacting them every week - they don't need to trawl sites like MM looking for models.

Just my $0.02

Ciao
Stefano

www.stefanobrunesci.com

Sep 27 12 10:59 am Link

Photographer

Dan D Lyons Imagery

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

M_M_P wrote:

Does not look like such a great agency to me either, but perhaps you should try and talk to models who currently work with them to see if they make any money.

http://www.pushmodels.com

Try it now. Learn anything? Most sites that mean business leave-out the "www" in their name for the ppl who don't type it it, but set their domain settings to allow "www" to be automatically associated as well.

http://www.dbiphotography.com/

http://dbiphotography.com/

Give it a whirl! (Not to draw comparisons stating I'm a big fish, but rather point out the rationale in this approach)

IMHO alone, as always;

Ðanny
http://www.dbiphotography.com (Blog On Site) 

Sep 28 12 08:07 am Link

Model

Aly Catt

Oneonta, New York, US

I'm a push llama. They contact me for promo work but I'm always to busy with paid shoots that I don't have time to travel out for promo work and wait for a check in the mail instead of getting paid upfront. They seem legit though.

Sep 28 12 08:11 am Link

Model

Dina Ova

Arlington, Virginia, US

Oct 07 12 07:19 am Link

Model

AnaMaria04

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

I just read the first few posts on here so that's all I'm responding to, but I've worked with PUSH out of Green Bay and they've been great- nothing glamorous, just simple promotions, but the agent they assigned me was really on top of things and very helpful/professional.

Oct 07 12 01:37 pm Link

Model

Carol Brantnall

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I don't know how to make a forum, but does anyone know if you can terminate the Push Models agreement at any time?

Dec 17 12 03:27 pm Link

Model

Jillian Monica

Kingston, Pennsylvania, US

I work for Push Models. It's a promotional agency. They have had a lot of good events.  Often lots of hours (6-10) and some really awesome trade shows.  Usually for promotional work you get paid about 20 dollars an hour, except beer or liquor you get like 25 to 50 an hour.  But you have to find the agent that does the alcohol promotions in your area.   If a promo agent contacts you without you contacting them first, they are most likely in need of "talent" in your area.   Of you are interested in this type of work make a profile on their website.  I have done A LOT of promotions. If you have any questions let me know. The best way to get the best promo jobs is to sign up with a lot of agencies. It's really easy and it's usually fun. : )

Dec 17 12 04:10 pm Link

Model

Keira Sibali

Oakland, New Jersey, US

Carr Brantnall wrote:
I don't know how to make a forum, but does anyone know if you can terminate the Push Models agreement at any time?

What do you mean "terminate the agreement"? I've worked with PUSH for almost a year now so maybe I can help you out with whatever you're wondering

Dec 17 12 04:14 pm Link

Model

LaLaBeautiful

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Yes they are legit, Im a Push Model here in Atlanta. I was recruited directly from an agent in their California office to join the GA and FL division. I received opportunities a few days later and have worked several events in Atlanta. I work mainly as ambassador or promo model at  conventions for names such as Kellog, Coke, Corona, Gamer events, G4,  etc and they compensation was more than enough to work 6-8 hours. Their are job opportunities that are offered that require promotional modeling in clubs and different atmospheres but thats also another area of promotional modeling. There are many types of promotional modeling for different brands. Push offers new job opportunities daily, you have the option of accepting or declining. . Its not a scam!  ... My recruiter is on IG: mayville, she is a model as well.  I also have a direct contact to Arizona office for anyone that needs more assurance.

Dec 17 12 04:31 pm Link

Model

Jillian Monica

Kingston, Pennsylvania, US

JR Artistic wrote:
Thanks for all the info. I'm going back to school soon anyways, so promo modeling isn't for me, but at least I can be fairly certain they are not a scam.

Oops I missed this when I replied. However, doing promotions is actually perfect for when you are in school. You just work whenever you want .......

your address, and other personal information, so I wanted to be sure smile

Dec 17 12 04:45 pm Link

Model

Amanda Jo Baggot

Tempe, Arizona, US

Post hidden on Dec 18, 2012 07:57 pm
Reason: violates rules
Comments:
Spam.

Dec 18 12 04:01 pm Link

Model

Amber Moody

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I work for Push. The nice thing about working for them is that you are self-contracted and you basically pick your jobs.  You say who, where, when, how much... they send you e-mails when you have jobs available, and then you can accept or decline.  They are the 3rd largest promo company in the COUNTRY.  They work with well known brands like Sony, Nintendo, Ferrari, Bacardi, Playboy...etc.   I love working for them.  They throw in perks for good, hardworking employees/models like vip/bottle service once a month, and every once in a while you will be invited to exclusive events!  For those that say they are too busy, its kind of a joke... especially since you pick your work schedule, which could be 1 hr to all day.  They do have brand ambassadors and yes, they do promote liquor, so some jobs are at bars, but most are not.  It depends on where, they place you. For example, I'm on the Bacardi/Brown-Forman team, so I promote liquors/beer owned by them..everything from Guinnes to Jack Daniel.

Jan 13 13 04:29 am Link