Forums > Events > Down & Dirty port build/get together Philadelphia

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Breaking from the idea of my other get togethers:

Saturday, September 2, 2006, 12:00 PM-8PM

This is a quick and dirty portfolio building shoot:
- At least three models (additional models feel free to attend, but please email me your RSVP)
-up to 24 Photographers, $40 each.

That's it.

The shoot day is 8 hours, so each photographer has his/her own one on one with each model for at least 1 full hour.

RSVP NOW!

PS (and please excuse me for quoting you, you know who you are but no one else does)

"Hi James,
Quick question. what do you mean by Down & Dirty?"

I mean: it's quick and it's cheap.

$40 is a really inexpensive shoot for a photographer...if I'm doing all the organizing for them and they get an hour out of it, plus studio use, plus model... well that would usually cost more around $400...

so the price is *down* to *dirt* cheap.

Aug 09 06 12:37 pm Link

Photographer

Cassandra Panek

group shoots are an adventure! big_smile

...james, i hope you appreciate this, because it's my 1000th post!

Aug 09 06 12:59 pm Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Synthetic Shadows wrote:
group shoots are an adventure! big_smile

...james, i hope you appreciate this, because it's my 1000th post!

Aww...you shouldn't have

*swoons*

You dedicated your 1,000th post to me! smile

How thoughtful.

Yes group shoots are an adventure...however. THIS WILL NOT BE A FREE FOR ALL!

Each photographer will have his/her hour...no other cameras on their set at that time.

Organizers/assistants will be present to ensure smooth flow and one on one time with models.

Aug 09 06 01:04 pm Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

This event is for portfolio building folks.

You know how it's expensive to shoot by yourself, and how those no-show models for TFP cause you pain and frustration?  Not with this quick and easy portfolio builder shoot.

You'll get an hour of time with the model or models of your choice, and you'll have all the opportunities to build your portfolio you can make...all for $40.

Cheap & Easy...Down & Dirty.

Aug 10 06 08:13 pm Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

$40 - 1 full hour one on one with your model (or models if you want to split up your hour) full use of my 1500 sq ft facility, it's massive roof, and all it's interior beautiful industrial architecture.

PLUS the chance to network, meet up with, party with, and hang out with all the other photographers present during your non-shooting time.

Aug 11 06 03:55 pm Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Several sign ups for this over at the meetup group http://photo.meetup.com/483/

Would love it if some MMers came out.

Aug 13 06 01:23 pm Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

What models do you have lined up for this event?

Aug 14 06 10:31 am Link

Photographer

Wandering Bohemian

Marion, North Carolina, US

Hey James! That is undoubtedly a fine idea. smile Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend as I will be at Dracula's Ball that evening. (another good networking/shooting adventure) You might find that alot of the Phili photog's & models will opt for Drac's Ball or already have purchased thier tickets for it. It's kind of a tradition for people in that scene. (of which many phili people are) Figured I'd give you the heads up that it's happening the same evening as your get2gether. wink

Aug 14 06 10:37 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Wandering Bohemian wrote:
Hey James! That is undoubtedly a fine idea. smile Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend as I will be at Dracula's Ball that evening.

Hey, thanks for the heads up.

I actually did plan with Dracula's Ball in mind.  My event ends an hour before Dracula's ball starts...so both should be do-able for those that definitely want to attend.

Aug 14 06 11:24 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Hamza wrote:
What models do you have lined up for this event?

They are not all currently booked.  I am casting models as we speak.

One of them will be:

https://av.modelmayhem.com/avatars/1227_m.jpg?81

Aug 14 06 11:29 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Also now have confirmed Ali B for this event:

https://www.raveneyes.com/myspace/alib.jpg

Ali is a nude model and will be modeling both nude and clothed for the portfolio build.

Aug 15 06 04:07 pm Link

Photographer

Cassandra Panek

Wandering Bohemian wrote:
Hey James! That is undoubtedly a fine idea. smile Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend as I will be at Dracula's Ball that evening. (another good networking/shooting adventure) You might find that alot of the Phili photog's & models will opt for Drac's Ball or already have purchased thier tickets for it. It's kind of a tradition for people in that scene. (of which many phili people are) Figured I'd give you the heads up that it's happening the same evening as your get2gether. wink

shit, Drac's is that night, you're right. i don't normally bother going, but a band i really like is playing. i'll see you there, i suppose!

Aug 15 06 04:25 pm Link