Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Orlando Chit Chat Thread XVI

Model

Solstice Rain

Davenport, Florida, US

Frank Lewis Photography wrote:
Everyone, thanks for all of the positive thoughts.

The company made an offer this morning and Gail accepted.

She starts Monday!!

Awesome Frank. Tell the Mrs. I'm thrilled for her! smile

Call your shot!

Jan 27 11 08:26 am Link

Photographer

H E R B L I S H

Orlando, Florida, US

She starts Monday!!

Gotta love it!

Jan 27 11 08:32 am Link

Photographer

J Marshall Photography

Windermere, Florida, US

She starts Monday!!

So very happy for the you guys.  Congrats to her. smile

EDIT: This morning's shot?  shot of Dayquil....must get rid of this headache and spinning sensation.  Back at the office though, so that's an "improvement"

Jan 27 11 09:02 am Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

Congrats to Mrs. Foto!!!  That's awesome news!!!!

Jan 27 11 09:05 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

EricaDean wrote:
Mark (the boyfriend) just told me he's not going to make our planned lunch date. He's too sleepy.

He went to bed at the same time I did. He went back to sleep after I left for work. See Erica not happy.

Seriously, I would have brought left overs for lunch, but he said we would go out together.

sad

Oh well, I cancelled on Scott this week. Guess I deserve to have someone cancel on me.

Scott who  .  .  .  wink  Jake took it pretty hard, he'd been sleepin' extra so he could stay awake whilst ya was here  .  .  .

SOS

Jan 27 11 09:10 am Link

Model

EricaDean

Altamonte Springs, Florida, US

It's official... I can now perform weddings and notarize documents.

Jan 27 11 10:22 am Link

Photographer

J Marshall Photography

Windermere, Florida, US

EricaDean wrote:

Whoohoo!

Jan 27 11 10:31 am Link

Photographer

George Lue

Orlando, Florida, US

EricaDean wrote:

"I now pronounce you Schmuck and Whore.  You may kiss the victim."

Jan 27 11 10:52 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

EricaDean wrote:

All at the same time  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Jan 27 11 10:55 am Link

Photographer

H E R B L I S H

Orlando, Florida, US

George Lue wrote:

...Priceless!

Jan 27 11 11:10 am Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

George Lue wrote:

borat   Makes it even better coming from a married man.. So, you saying you feel like a victim??  smile

Jan 27 11 11:20 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

EricaDean wrote:

Can you help me with an American birth certificate??

Jan 27 11 11:25 am Link

Model

EricaDean

Can you help me with an American birth certificate??

... No.

Jan 27 11 11:32 am Link

Model

EricaDean

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:
borat   Makes it even better coming from a married man.. So, you saying you feel like a victim??  smile

It's "You may kiss the bride," so here he's obviously saying the Bride is the victim.

Jan 27 11 11:33 am Link

Photographer

J Marshall Photography

Windermere, Florida, US

Bleh.  stuck in a conundrum.  someone wanting to do a pin-up style shoot.  Haven't done one in years, and back then I had studio space that I could use for backdrops, etc.  Also looking for MUA rates.  Anyone want to feild this one?  Just don't feel comfortable with the curent access to supplies I have to promise useable work.

Jan 27 11 11:43 am Link

Model

EricaDean

J Marshall Photography wrote:
Bleh.  stuck in a conundrum.  someone wanting to do a pin-up style shoot.  Haven't done one in years, and back then I had studio space that I could use for backdrops, etc.  Also looking for MUA rates.  Anyone want to feild this one?  Just don't feel comfortable with the curent access to supplies I have to promise useable work.

Field?

Dude, when a photographer wants to shoot something with me that I'm not feeling, I don't ask another model to contact them. I just tell them that I'm currently unable/don't wanna (depending on what they're asking I shoot). It's cool to just say you are unable.

Jan 27 11 12:08 pm Link

Photographer

H E R B L I S H

Orlando, Florida, US

It's OK to say no.

Jan 27 11 12:09 pm Link

Photographer

J Marshall Photography

Windermere, Florida, US

I understand, just didn't know if anyone else would want to try with them.  All is well, I'll let her know.

Jan 27 11 12:38 pm Link

Model

Solstice Rain

Davenport, Florida, US

I understand, just didn't know if anyone else would want to try with them.  All is well, I'll let her know.

I think what they're trying to say is that the decision to shoot it with someone else should be up to the model. If you're not up to it, maybe you can give her a recommendation of photographers you think might be able to do a good job for her to contact, but giving out her info for random people to contact regarding the shoot is impolite.

Jan 27 11 12:55 pm Link

Model

EricaDean

Solstice Rain wrote:
I think what they're trying to say is that the decision to shoot it with someone else should be up to the model. If you're not up to it, maybe you can give her a recommendation of photographers you think might be able to do a good job for her to contact, but giving out her info for random people to contact regarding the shoot is impolite.

Yes.

Jan 27 11 12:57 pm Link

Photographer

J Marshall Photography

Windermere, Florida, US

And that's what I was looking for, if anyone was interested I was going to have her get in contact with them.  Point her in the right direction and all that.

Much like with the MUA, I know of a few that I've worked with before, and I gave her thier names and MM Info.

Jan 27 11 12:59 pm Link

Model

EricaDean

And that's what I was looking for, if anyone was interested I was going to have her get in contact with them.  Point her in the right direction and all that.

Much like with the MUA, I know of a few that I've worked with before, and I gave her thier names and MM Info.

I understand what you're trying to do here, and it's a intended as a helpful thing, but that requires giving the person's information to other photographers, to review her portfolio and decide if they want to shoot with her or not. No one will just say yes unless you include that she's wanting to pay a good rate to have the images made. Then, if she doesn't contact the person(s) you referred her to, and/or shoots pinup with someone you didn't refer her to, it could get awkward, like, "I guess she didn't like MY work enough..."

It's easiest to just give her a listing of photographers you know/like/respect who do that type of work, and she can contact them. If they're willing to shoot based on what's on the table, they will, and anyone who says "yeah, send her my way" won't be offended if she doesn't choose that photographer, AND she won't be weirded out by you bandying about her portfolio to see who may consider shooting with her.

Just saying.

Jan 27 11 01:03 pm Link

Photographer

J Marshall Photography

Windermere, Florida, US

right, what I'm saying is I wasn't going to give a photog her info, ust find photogs that enjoy shooting Pin-Up. (I personally don't have any off hand) and give her those names.

I think we were aiming for the same goal, I just genreally have a habit of wording it wrong. smile

Jan 27 11 01:07 pm Link

Photographer

H E R B L I S H

Orlando, Florida, US

EricaDean wrote:

I understand what you're trying to do here, and it's a intended as a helpful thing, but that requires giving the person's information to other photographers, to review her portfolio and decide if they want to shoot with her or not. No one will just say yes unless you include that she's wanting to pay a good rate to have the images made. Then, if she doesn't contact the person(s) you referred her to, and/or shoots pinup with someone you didn't refer her to, it could get awkward, like, "I guess she didn't like MY work enough..."

It's easiest to just give her a listing of photographers you know/like/respect who do that type of work, and she can contact them. If they're willing to shoot based on what's on the table, they will, and anyone who says "yeah, send her my way" won't be offended if she doesn't choose that photographer, AND she won't be weirded out by you bandying about her portfolio to see who may consider shooting with her.

Just saying.

BINGO

Jan 27 11 01:09 pm Link

Model

EricaDean

right, what I'm saying is I wasn't going to give a photog her info, ust find photogs that enjoy shooting Pin-Up. (I personally don't have any off hand) and give her those names.

I think we were aiming for the same goal, I just genreally have a habit of wording it wrong. smile

But note the part where I said that no photographer would agree to it w/out first seeing the portfolio. Therein lies the root of the problem. No one would say, "Sure, I'll shoot her" not knowing what she looks like.

It's best to not even tell people that you're referring models their way. I refer models to photographers all the time, but I don't tell the photographers, and I always warn the model that the photographer may require payment of some kind. That way no one gets offended if the shoot doesn't happen, and no photographers feel like I've set them up to be jerks.

I understand what you were trying to do. I'm trying to tell you that the way you were trying to go about it would end up being an ass ache later.

EDIT - also, the people I don't refer models to will never know that they're left off the list and get ass achey for that slight.

Jan 27 11 01:28 pm Link

Photographer

J Marshall Photography

Windermere, Florida, US

EricaDean wrote:

But note the part where I said that no photographer would agree to it w/out first seeing the portfolio. Therein lies the root of the problem. No one would say, "Sure, I'll shoot her" not knowing what she looks like.

It's best to not even tell people that you're referring models their way. I refer models to photographers all the time, but I don't tell the photographers, and I always warn the model that the photographer may require payment of some kind. That way no one gets offended if the shoot doesn't happen, and no photographers feel like I've set them up to be jerks.

I understand what you were trying to do. I'm trying to tell you that the way you were trying to go about it would end up being an ass ache later.

heh, understood.

Jan 27 11 01:29 pm Link

Photographer

Scott A Miller photo

Orlando, Florida, US

Congrats to Mrs. Frank

Boo for Erica being stood up...

And for the record, the newly paved track at Daytona is purdy

Jan 27 11 01:55 pm Link

Photographer

H E R B L I S H

Orlando, Florida, US

Scott A Miller photo wrote:
Congrats to Mrs. Frank

Smooth!!!

Jan 27 11 02:09 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

Scott A Miller photo wrote:
Congrats to Mrs. Frank

worthless without pics...

Jan 27 11 02:12 pm Link

Photographer

Scott A Miller photo

Orlando, Florida, US

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:

worthless without pics...

Was there 2 hours, so I only shot head shots of drivers and Dr. McDreamy

Needed stuff that would sell, tomorrow is shooting on track day

Jan 27 11 02:30 pm Link

Model

EricaDean

I'm not very good at being a girl. I suck at the "feelings" conversations.

Jan 27 11 04:10 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

EricaDean wrote:
I'm not very good at being a girl. I suck at the "feelings" conversations.

Wait, there was a guy that wanted the feelings convo??? 

Seriously, as long as you're good at "other" things, you're still a girl... big_smile

Jan 27 11 04:44 pm Link

Photographer

Walker1812 Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

7 Billion People

https://lh4.ggpht.com/_hVOW2U7K4-M/TUBCENRLv-I/AAAAAAABah8/QYxNZIud2W4/s800/large%201.jpg

Not all in one photo obviously... though i hear the North Koreans are working on it

Jan 27 11 06:30 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

EricaDean wrote:

EDIT - also, the people I don't refer models to will never know that they're left off the list and get ass achey for that slight.

"I'll shoot 'er", but it better be within the next 15-20 minutes, I've been TOO many stops today  .  .  .  otherwise, I'll probably be a jerk  .  .  .  again  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Jan 27 11 06:53 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Walker1812 Photography wrote:
7 Billion People

https://lh4.ggpht.com/_hVOW2U7K4-M/TUBCENRLv-I/AAAAAAABah8/QYxNZIud2W4/s800/large%201.jpg

Not all in one photo obviously... though i hear the North Koreans are working on it

I'm reading that same article, I'm also "reading" the current issue of PB  .  .  .  good lord, I'm a man of letters  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Jan 27 11 06:54 pm Link

Model

Alix Schwartz

New York, New York, US

WOW that picture is intense. I would get lost in there.

Jan 27 11 07:25 pm Link

Photographer

Walker1812 Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Alix Schwartz wrote:
WOW that picture is intense. I would get lost in there.

Vegas baby, and half those homes in the photo are probably empty right now or in foreclosure

Jan 27 11 07:26 pm Link

Model

Alix Schwartz

New York, New York, US

cloneville. I would hate it there

Jan 27 11 07:28 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Walker1812 Photography wrote:

Vegas baby, and half those homes in the photo are probably empty right now or in foreclosure

It ALL changes with one roll of da dice  .  .  .  wink  Elvis has left the building  .  .  .  but, Jake is still here  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Jan 27 11 07:29 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

sosdezign wrote:

It ALL changes with one roll of da dice  .  .  .  wink  Elvis has left the building  .  .  .  but, Jake is still here  .  .  .  wink

SOS

that would explain the oder...  big_smile

Jan 27 11 07:36 pm Link