Forums > General Industry > Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall.........

Model

newhall243

Rosedale, New York, US

When do you like to work/shoot the best? Just wondering since it is so hot outside. I think Fall is the best time for shoots.

Thoughts??

Steph

Aug 04 05 10:55 am Link

Photographer

Christopher Wright

Lansing, Michigan, US

I think your right about fall. Especially up north. That and spring are probably the best up north. You get all the great colors. I'm looking forward to shooting in the fall and winter. It's just too damn hot and humid right now. Plus You have to start shooting so much earlier because of the sun during the summer.

Aug 04 05 12:39 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Camera Ready Studios

Dallas, Texas, US

summer is my slow time.  I also turn down a lot of outdoor stuff in the summer because I hate the heat and I dont need to take every job that comes along anymore.

One bad thing about southern california is that a lot of the big studios do not have AC, 10-20 years ago you didnt need it.  Now you do.  I did a shoot all day on Tuesday in one of these studios and it's always miserable.  I spend the whole day wiping sweat off the model, everyones cranky.

When I shoot in other areas like AZ I do not have these issues.....every studio is air conditioned.

I LOVE Fall, it's my favortie time of year to shoot outside. 

Aug 04 05 01:47 pm Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

San Diego, California, US

Outdoor in October is my favorite for outdoor shooting. 

Aug 04 05 08:03 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

Late summer, early fall.   Warm but not too warm.  Beautiful light with relatively long days.  Water is warm enough to shoot in usually even waterfalls and streams.

Meaning September,  early October.

Aug 04 05 08:46 pm Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

I shoot all year round but its hard to find models willing to do them.

Aug 05 05 03:24 pm Link