Forums > General Industry > One thing I noticed looking at some members' profiles...

Model

Sascha

Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan

oh star, I don't consider your profile arrogant at all... trust me there are profiles on MM that makes you wonder, "just who is this person???" LOL

Aug 06 05 01:28 am Link

Photographer

Jose Luis

Dallas, Texas, US

People with those sorts of attitudes wouldnt last a minute in the corporate world.  Execs who I work with who are making several hundreds of thousands of dollars a year are some of the most down to earth people you ever might meet.  Though they are brilliant, persuasive, driven, talented, qualified, and inspiring- they also find a way to be thankful and humble (even if it just appears to be that way).  Some of these angry pros could learn from that.

Im not even religious but even I can appreciate the proverb that goes something to the effect of true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.

-Jose

Aug 06 05 01:37 am Link

Photographer

snegron

Cape Coral, Florida, US

I need a suggestion. When placing a request for a model, how do I request serious models that actually show up to a shoot as agreed without sounding mean? I was thinking of wording it something like this:

"Need model for bridal portrait session. Only contact me if you are actually planning to show up to the shoot."

or, "Seeking model needed for bridal shoot that won't have multiple contacts with me as if she is going to show up for the shoot then leave me waiting for several hours only not to show up."

Any suggestions?

Aug 06 05 09:07 am Link

Photographer

HarveyT

Sacramento, California, US

Yeah...
It is always a real turn off for me when I read stuff like that.  Leave em to their own egos...

Aug 06 05 09:45 am Link

Photographer

markEdwardPhoto

Trumbull, Connecticut, US

I am very easy going and laid back.

I usually put up with arrogant people move them along through the shoot. If they are destructive to the shoot the I just tell them to leave or fire them from the shoot.

I like to get the job done and have fun doing it. I left my career on Wall Street for this so I can have a fun, low stress life.

I don't take myself seriously, but I take my work seriously. People seem to engage, perform and like me for it.

Arrogance on either side of the lens is a real turn off to me.

M

Aug 06 05 10:18 am Link

Makeup Artist

Makeup-Hair

Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

everyone has their own level of experience and most of those experienced 'talents' dont want to deal with too much none-sence and time wasting comments so they rather be too up-front and radical with their statements... NO I dont think most want to be rude (although, there obviously should be a line of respect) but lets be smart and understand that everyones time is precious, therefore we are adults who can face the real world, not just internet jerks... or uhum.. in this case, the inndustry 'pros'.

Being honest hurts.. but the truth is better than a lie. So, who cares?! lets move on.

Aug 06 05 11:17 am Link

Photographer

Valkyrur

Nelsonville, New York, US

Good Idea!!!
I should be a bit nasty too...
Girls like tough guys :-)

Aug 06 05 07:12 pm Link

Photographer

infinite lux

Alameda, California, US

Posted by Keith aka Wolfie: 
I guess it's the same reason that so many women, and some men, are attracted to these same traits when it comes to relationships.. 

Dr. Drew says they're "reenacting" previous roles and circumstances when they were growing up.  Trauma victims.  Sad.

But seriously, I'll come across a profile and they will be ALL SORTS of ridiculous and I'm trying to figure out which megablockbuster movie they starred in or just how much money they're getting paid to strip at Prince William's birthday party.  Models, photographers...  your time on Earth is a short one.  Don't waste it by being an asshole.  You'll pay for it later.

Aug 06 05 07:18 pm Link

Model

Sascha

Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan

Posted by infinite lux co: 

Posted by Keith aka Wolfie: 
I guess it's the same reason that so many women, and some men, are attracted to these same traits when it comes to relationships.. 

Dr. Drew says they're "reenacting" previous roles and circumstances when they were growing up.  Trauma victims.  Sad.

But seriously, I'll come across a profile and they will be ALL SORTS of ridiculous and I'm trying to figure out which megablockbuster movie they starred in or just how much money they're getting paid to strip at Prince William's birthday party.  Models, photographers...  your time on Earth is a short one.  Don't waste it by being an asshole.  You'll pay for it later.

Hahaha!  That's a good one!

Aug 06 05 07:25 pm Link