Forums > General Industry > STEALING SHOOT IDEAS....Are they doing it ????

Photographer

BobinAtlanta

Smyrna, Delaware, US

Being new here ( on any photo site for that matter ) its occured to me that the last 3 or 4 hits I got to do TFPs, I was asked what my ideas for shoots will be. Well with-out knowing the limitations & the personality of the model, its hard to say, but I do have ideas buzzing around in my head, so I tell them THOSE ideas ( which may be great ones, or complete duds ). And then poof....I get no responce back.....could be they don't like my idea(s), or perhaps its something MORE sinister ! They're now on the horn with Bill, the guy that did the LAST TFP for them, and putting across MY IDEA !!!

ITS A VAST CONSPIRACY !!!!

Aug 05 05 09:29 pm Link

Photographer

Bob Warren

Houston, Texas, US

Please.... there are no images that have not been shot before.  No one can steal your images.  You would shoot your ideas uniquely to your talent and vision.

Aug 05 05 09:31 pm Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

Competition is the best thing !!!

Unless ya wanna become stale...

Aug 05 05 09:36 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Go here for a source of ideas to steal.  Many of them are good, and no one will ever know.

Aug 05 05 11:50 pm Link

Photographer

Jeffrey Ross

Naperville, Illinois, US

Most people quickly learn that it has ALL been done before.  So whever I see something I like I usually think, "Thats a good idea, but here's how I would have done it..."

I also have an idea book that I keep with me.  If I run across a good location, or think of something I want to try, I make a note of it or sketch it out.  It really helps later when I finally get some free time to do a shoot.

Aug 06 05 03:29 pm Link

Photographer

Dreams To Keep

Novi, Michigan, US

Actually it IS a vast conspiracy and the paranoids are out to get you! ;-)

Aug 06 05 06:53 pm Link