Forums > General Industry > Does anyone else feel bad when you deny a friend request???

Photographer

BobinAtlanta

Smyrna, Delaware, US

Posted by Brandy Engle: 
NO. I won't accept you usually if you have a lot of nudity in your portfolio(photog.),  because I don't want to give a someone a reason to feel welcome to talk to me about shooting nudity or implied nudity. I think your portfolio screams your intentions, if it's all one thing--that's all your after. And for some god awful reason people will still message me about nude crappe. 

And thats crap too !! Why are clothes art, and nudity somehow demeaning ???? The best artists in the 14th & 15th century were painting nudes, if they had a cameras back then, I'm sure they would shoot them instead........anyway

Adding friends is NOTHING but advertising THIER site, its NOT about you, or THIER intentions for you ( sorry to burst your fragile ego ). Who really cares who adds who or who doesn't, If it were about "possible contacts" as people have stated, WRITE DOWN THE CONTACT info or message your friggin phone number !

Aug 07 05 12:28 am Link

Photographer

Leah Rice

Elkridge, Maryland, US

Could look at "friends" as a major form of networking...

Aug 07 05 12:30 am Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Posted by Jessica L: 
Here's a spin...try not to get dizzy now...
When you look at someone's profile, do you really take the time to wade through all of their friends?
Does it matter that much?

P not J

Actually I do try to...though it's a daunting task.  You never know when someone will have someone great on their friends' list that you haven't seen yet...I love finding new work and new artists to inspire my own work.

Aug 07 05 06:30 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

I only deny people with crosswalks in their avatar....

Aug 07 05 06:32 am Link

Photographer

MDSPHOTO

Greensboro, Georgia, US

I do feel a little guilty when denying friend requests, but I decided only to add people I have worked with or know personally to my list.

Aug 07 05 10:00 am Link

Photographer

Hoodlum

Sacramento, California, US

Posted by BobinAtlanta: 
And thats crap too !! Why are clothes art, and nudity somehow demeaning ???? The best artists in the 14th & 15th century were painting nudes, if they had a cameras back then, I'm sure they would shoot them instead........anyway

They had cameras back then they just didn't have film. Google camera obscura.

Aug 07 05 11:15 am Link

Photographer

Hoodlum

Sacramento, California, US

I will add anybody who wants to add me. If they like my work enough to want to "bookmark" me that's fine. Why would you want to insult someone and say no. I will on occasion send a friend request to some one I either like their work and want to bookmark them to see any updates or it maybe someone I want to work with. I cant see why anybody would get upset with that........Whatever...

Aug 07 05 11:22 am Link