Forums > General Industry > What did you always want to be?

Photographer

JT Hodges

Austin, Texas, US

So, pulled from another thread was the comment about little boys wanting to be firemen, and little girls wanting to be "mod-doos."

Many years ago (when I was 5) we had a show where all the students stated what they wanted to be when they grew up. There were lots of doctors, firemen, policemen, nurses, and teachers.

I, on the other hand, wanted to be a wealthy bum.

How about the rest of you?

Aug 07 05 09:57 am Link

Photographer

ip studio

New York, New York, US

I wanted to be a space ninja.

Aug 07 05 10:23 am Link

Model

NameRemovedPerUser

Perrysburg, New York, US

I wanted to be a singer... my sisters and I spent our playtime singing for our "audience" (ya know all those stuffed animals, dolls and barbie dolls...) and at family reunions.

Aug 07 05 10:36 am Link

Photographer

BTHPhoto

Fairbanks, Alaska, US

When I was in third grade I wrote a paper about wanting to be either a photographer or a chef.  My teacher and the principal sat me down and explained what homosexual means then made me rewrite the paper.  Welcome to the bible belt.

Aug 07 05 10:39 am Link

Photographer

urban prospect

New York, New York, US

I wanted to build high class bathrooms.  Nothing was prettier to me then when i saw my first shiney black commode.  Then I saw a red one.

I started reading pliumbing books.....

Aug 07 05 10:45 am Link

Photographer

Dreams To Keep

Novi, Michigan, US

I wanted to be an artist.  Not quite an Artiste but at least be involved in a creative process.  More of a cartoonist than a serious painter, painting and illustration were beyond my skills..... then I discovered digital photography.  As real as I want it to be, as abstract as I care to let it become.  Besides, it beats the hell out of smelling like turpentine all the time from oil paints.

Aug 07 05 11:36 am Link

Photographer

Michael Gundelach

Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany

Some dark superhero... ;o)

Naah on a more serious level. I want to be an artist - maybe like some filmmaker. I would love to make a living out of that - a decent one ;o)

Aug 07 05 11:38 am Link

Photographer

Monsante Bey

Columbus, Georgia, US

Other than the lord and master of you all, I wanted to be a sports broadcaster for the NFL.

Aug 07 05 11:54 am Link

Photographer

- null -

Happy.

Aug 07 05 12:07 pm Link

Model

Pinky

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

From kindergarten, I've always wanted to be a Radio DJ/Personality.  I would sit in my bedroom and record myself talking while spinning records.  In high school MTV came along and I wanted to be a VJ for MTV.

Aug 07 05 12:10 pm Link

Model

angelavasquez

Murrieta, California, US

I wanted to be a ballerina when I was 5, A fashion designer at 11, a supermodel at 13....im still trying to work on the last part...

Aug 07 05 12:10 pm Link

Photographer

Joe Albright

Fort Wayne, Indiana, US

Left alone.

Aug 07 05 12:23 pm Link

Photographer

gina slusarchuk

Tarpon Springs, Florida, US

Young all the way to high school... the dream was to be a fighter jet pilot.  Yup. 

Now, I just want to be able to make a decent living with nothing but photography.

Aug 07 05 12:25 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

Professional baseball player smile

Aug 07 05 12:28 pm Link

Model

Jessica Loren

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Star in a Broadway musical. That still is no where near out of the question.
Lot's of time left to do it!

Aug 07 05 12:32 pm Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

I always wanted to be famous. Being famous has its downfalls though.
1) Lawsuits and biagraphy's  of secratary's working under my
    desk.
2) Kids showing up out of the blue
3) My inquiries of beast and child websites getting into the
    media when i was just looking for info.
4) ending up on a bloopers show picking my nose.
5) Exposing myself at the superbowl

So i gave up and take photos.

Aug 07 05 12:38 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

I always wanted to be a novelist.  Then I learned how tedius writing actually is.  Also, I'm not a big enough jerk to empathize with villains properly.  Hell, I'm not a big enough jerk to empathize with a lot of people I've met...

But Jess is right--there's plenty of time.  Maybe I'll give it another shot in 30 years.

Aug 07 05 12:40 pm Link

Model

jessicaclaire

Detroit, Alabama, US

I've always wanted to be two things: to my family one was realistic the other is definatly not realistic. Lawyer and actress

Aug 07 05 12:41 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Posted by jessicaclaire: 
I've always wanted to be two things: to my family one was realistic the other is definatly not realistic. Lawyer and actress

Yeah, law school is long, hard, and expensive!

Aug 07 05 12:43 pm Link

Model

Daphne G

New York, New York, US

For a long time I wanted to be a stage actress.  My parents didn't believe in majoring in the performing or visual arts in college, so I ended up pursuing applied psychology both in college and in graduate school.

Posted by starmodels: 
I, on the other hand, wanted to be a wealthy bum.

At present, though, I think I'm leaning toward the dream of being a wealthy bum, too.   

Aug 07 05 12:59 pm Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

San Diego, California, US

i wanted to be a DJ.  lol

Aug 07 05 02:35 pm Link