Forums > Model Colloquy > No taking off clothes for male photoshoot?

Makeup Artist

Nicholas Tan Tze Zhung

Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia

Hi can a male model not take of his clothes for a photoshoot because he feels insecure and uncomfortable?

Apr 17 11 07:36 pm Link

Artist/Painter

aquarelle

Chicago, Illinois, US

Yes.

Apr 17 11 07:39 pm Link

Model

Sandra Vixen

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

No, being insecure is not a good reason to not do something, IMHO.

If he has standards or certain specific reasons, that is one thing, but insecurity = not ready for modeling work.

Apr 17 11 11:26 pm Link

Photographer

Paul Bryson Photography

Hollywood, Florida, US

Good question...ask my avatar.

Apr 17 11 11:27 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Tallent

Beaumont, Texas, US

Not for a nude shoot.

Apr 18 11 08:24 am Link

Model

Sultan Blackwell In LA

Venice, California, US

Yes,

some are not tripods, and are worried about losing balance sad

Apr 19 11 08:47 am Link

Photographer

JoeFong

Los Angeles, California, US

Was he informed about this prior to the shoot? If not, of course he can if he feels uncomfortable. Do you think the photos would be good if the model is uncomfortable???

Apr 20 11 01:44 am Link

Photographer

Vector One Photography

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Nicholas Tan Tze Zhung wrote:
Hi can a male model not take of his clothes for a photoshoot because he feels insecure and uncomfortable?

Well, can a female model not take off her clothes for a photoshoot because she feels insecure and uncomfortable ?  Whey would it make a difference if they are male or female ?

If we get over the sex issue, it depends.  Was it discussed and agreed on beforehand ? And even if it was, when push comes to shove they can always back out.  It wouldn't be right but they can do it.  I would never want to work with a model on their first nude shoot.  It may tickle my ego to be the first photographer to shoot them nude but the risk of them getting cold feet would be too high.

Apr 20 11 01:56 am Link

Photographer

Norman Gould

North Bend, Oregon, US

Whatever...but coyness is just so lame.

Apr 20 11 02:12 am Link

Photographer

Kent Art Photography

Ashford, England, United Kingdom

Yeah, it's quite common.  Girls don't have the same sort of worry, about "measuring up" to expectations, and too many guys are paranoid about it.

Apr 20 11 02:36 am Link

Model

JuneMarie

ALLSTON, Massachusetts, US

RayH Photography wrote:
Yeah, it's quite common.  Girls don't have the same sort of worry, about "measuring up" to expectations, and too many guys are paranoid about it.

Do you really think that's true?

I know plentyyyy of girls who are very insecure about the size of things! I for one really had to tough it out for my first shoot (which was nude) because I am very insecure about my bust size. I also think that women suffer from both ends...worrying that they are either too big OR too small. Do men worry that their dicks are too large?

Anyway, to answer the question: Of course it's possible for men to be insecure. Can they back out? Sure, you can't force someone into a nude shoot. There's a proper way to go about backing out, of course. Let's not screw anyone over and waste their time, yes? But everyone has insecurities about SOMETHING and nude shoots are a big hurdle for some people.

Apr 20 11 07:45 pm Link

Model

Diana Duong

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

JuneMarie wrote:

Do you really think that's true?

I know plentyyyy of girls who are very insecure about the size of things! I for one really had to tough it out for my first shoot (which was nude) because I am very insecure about my bust size. I also think that women suffer from both ends...worrying that they are either too big OR too small. Do men worry that their dicks are too large?

Anyway, to answer the question: Of course it's possible for men to be insecure. Can they back out? Sure, you can't force someone into a nude shoot. There's a proper way to go about backing out, of course. Let's not screw anyone over and waste their time, yes? But everyone has insecurities about SOMETHING and nude shoots are a big hurdle for some people.

+10

Hmm that would be a new one.. worrying about their dicks being too large.

Apr 20 11 10:06 pm Link

Model

-Aviva-

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Yes.

People can only be expected to do what they are comfortable with. Male or female.

Aviva
www.avivah.net

Apr 21 11 02:41 pm Link