Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > 18+ image need your opinion !

Retoucher

Zoltan Retoucher

Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland

Jun 04 11 04:43 am Link

Photographer

lightscapes

Phoenix, Arizona, US

its too much, soften the mermaid look and let some of her body peek thru !

Jun 04 11 10:49 am Link

Photographer

Alt Hypothesis

Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland

I like the direction that it's going in, just needs more 'blend' at the waist for me, some way to make it feel more seamless....

Jun 04 11 02:32 pm Link

Photographer

Jeffrey McAlister

Boston, Massachusetts, US

It's an average nice nude turned into an odd obvious manipulation.... by turning it vertical her hair is obviously defying gravity oddly at 90 degrees and you havn't managed to convice me she's no longer lying on a surface... she still is... only at 90 degrees to reality. She' supposedly a mermaid, but you've placed her in cigarette smoke... not anything even vaguely watery. Her interaction seems manipulated... not fluid or believable. Last, her bottom half, computer generated fish part is so clearly made in a computer and any hope I might suspend disbelief is gone. The transition from woman to fish at the waist just fails.
Forgive me if this sounds mean.... but you asked.

Jun 04 11 02:40 pm Link

Photographer

Eastfist

Green Bay, Wisconsin, US

The seam is too harsh.  It needs to be more gradual.  Otherwise, the lighting matches perfectly.  And the model is beautiful.

Jun 04 11 05:04 pm Link

Photographer

David Kirk

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Jeffrey McAlister wrote:
It's an average nice nude turned into an odd obvious manipulation.... by turning it vertical her hair is obviously defying gravity oddly at 90 degrees and you havn't managed to convice me she's no longer lying on a surface... she still is... only at 90 degrees to reality. She' supposedly a mermaid, but you've placed her in cigarette smoke... not anything even vaguely watery. Her interaction seems manipulated... not fluid or believable. Last, her bottom half, computer generated fish part is so clearly made in a computer and any hope I might suspend disbelief is gone. The transition from woman to fish at the waist just fails.
Forgive me if this sounds mean.... but you asked.

I kinda like the way the hair defies gravity, but it's not only her hair that is defying gravity...the breasts look very strange when doing that.

Jun 04 11 07:50 pm Link

Photographer

Snapdragon

Culver City, California, US

The background is too bright and takes away from the model.

Jun 05 11 03:22 am Link

Model

e-string

Kansas City, Missouri, US

How does she swim without flippers on her tail? wink

Also, her body is twisted but the scales are not.

I don't so much mind the hair or breasts, as water does cause things to defy gravity.

Jun 05 11 03:35 am Link

Photographer

Snapdragon

Culver City, California, US

e-string wrote:
How does she swim without flippers on her tail? wink

Good point.  Since she has feet, is this one of those mermaids that walks on land in human form?

Jun 05 11 03:51 am Link

Photographer

Aberotica

Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom

I prefer the original.

Jun 05 11 04:10 am Link

Photographer

Drew Smith Photography

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

I see what you're trying here Leonardo.

Can I suggest flipping her back horizontal and perhaps taking the texture back off her back right down to her lower back and leaving her arms bare.

This is something that you could spend hours on my friend - twisting the texture to form with her curves and putting a suitable backdrop in! : )

Jun 05 11 11:44 am Link