Orlando, Florida, US

Anything happen while I was gone?

EDIT: Besides a new page for the thread? lol

Jul 03 12 01:38 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Solstice Rain wrote:

no, but it sounds like you have bigger issues.

Like THAT's news  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Jul 03 12 01:40 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Walker1812 Photography wrote:

I thought you'd been captured by the Bulgarian secret police  .  .  .  Jake and I were jest readying a rescue mission  .  .  .  nutz, I guess we'll jest havta blow up all the "boomy" stuff tomorrow night instead  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Jul 03 12 01:42 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Did you bring us any presents?

Jul 03 12 04:30 pm Link

Photographer

Walker1812 Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

sospix wrote:

I thought you'd been captured by the Bulgarian secret police  .  .  .  Jake and I were jest readying a rescue mission  .  .  .  nutz, I guess we'll jest havta blow up all the "boomy" stuff tomorrow night instead  .  .  .  wink

SOS

The Bulgarian police were lovely... now Romania on the other hand? woof

Jul 03 12 05:19 pm Link

Photographer

Walker1812 Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Frank Lewis Photography wrote:

Did you bring us any presents?

Only memories to share smile

Jul 03 12 05:19 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Only memories to share smile

...and pictures?

Jul 03 12 07:14 pm Link

Photographer

Walker1812 Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

...and pictures?

You aren't on FB are you? lol

Took this in Vienna

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/483277_10151036367914497_1884031744_n.jpg

Jul 03 12 09:04 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

You aren't on FB are you? lol

Took this in Vienna

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/483277_10151036367914497_1884031744_n.jpg

Is that a new Disney pavilion  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Jul 05 12 09:34 am Link

Photographer

H E R B L I S H

Orlando, Florida, US

sospix wrote:

Is that a new Disney pavilion  .  .  .  wink

SOS

It's the Pink Floyd Pavilion!

Jul 05 12 02:03 pm Link

Photographer

Walker1812 Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Won't let the thread die because of me

Jul 09 12 12:33 am Link

Photographer

Photography by George

Orlando, Florida, US

Nice shot Jesse, but I still think the concentration camp photo is the most compelling of any you have shown so far.

Jul 09 12 05:57 am Link

Photographer

Walker1812 Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Photography by George wrote:
Nice shot Jesse, but I still think the concentration camp photo is the most compelling of any you have shown so far.

Thanks, i have a couple more from Auschwitz, i'll have to edit them smile

Jul 10 12 12:50 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Tuesday, I think...

Jul 10 12 07:25 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Tuesday, I think...

I usually don't think until Thursday or Friday  .  .  .  at the earliest  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Jul 10 12 08:28 am Link

Model

Lady Pelvic

Orlando, Florida, US

Man, I'm just not in the forums like I used to be...=w=

Jul 10 12 09:19 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Lady Pelvic wrote:

Stuck in jail again  .  .  .  ain't ya  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Jul 10 12 09:26 am Link

Model

Lady Pelvic

Orlando, Florida, US

If jail meaning a video game..then yes.
I'm hooked. *w*

Jul 10 12 09:27 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Lady Pelvic wrote:
If jail meaning a video game..then yes.
I'm hooked. *w*

Well, there iz worser addictions  .  .  .  I guess  .  .  .  wink  What has ya glued to da screen  .  .  .

SOS

Jul 10 12 09:28 am Link

Photographer

Charles Howse

Vero Beach, Florida, US

Lady Pelvic wrote:

Apparently a lot of people who used to be around here often, and not here as much anymore. Jobs, and life and Instagram are taking more time I guess...

For example last year, at start of this thread,  several pages were often consumed in a single day. This year, the page before this one lasted for more than ten days.

And standards of behavior are slipping, which may explain some of the lack of participation. We don't even get drinks from page starters anymore.

Jul 10 12 10:06 am Link

Photographer

Walker1812 Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Charles Howse -JAOF- wrote:

Apparently a lot of people who used to be around here often, and not here as much anymore. Jobs, and life and Instagram are taking more time I guess...

For example last year, at start of this thread,  several pages were often consumed in a single day. This year, the page before this one lasted for more than ten days.

And standards of behavior are slipping, which may explain some of the lack of participation. We don't even get drinks from page starters anymore.

Well, that was a tradition that started years ago, by me I think... i'll have to go back and check.

But yeah, the community on this site overall, model mayhem was never the same after they exiled us to the Off Topic threads.

The community grew out of commenting on the event thread but everyone else got jealous because it was one of the most popular and not always on topic... so they pushed us here where it has taken a couple of years to wither and die.

Honestly it's just us who remember better times that keep it alive out of nostalgia sake.  a regional community is just something that isn't fostered here and has been easily and honestly better replaced by groups on Facebook.

We just have to get frank onto facebook, he's the only person we are missing smile  well Frank and SOS smile

Jul 10 12 05:44 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

As for Facebook: I'm concerned that someone from my deep dark past will discover where I live and start bothering me. No Facebook = anonymity. I like that.

As for libation at the top of the page. Either me or Walker started the tradition about five years ago. I went on the wagon more than six months ago, so there's that. No more Bushmills. No more Chivas. No more Oktoberfest beer.

Lately I've just been bored or maybe I'm just boring. I don't think I've used my camera except at M&Gs since before New Year's. If it wasn't for SOS and a few others, I'd probably dump this whole MM thing and just go back to shooting airplanes and motorcycles and cars sans people. I've even let my VIP lapse. Now I'm just a basic member.

Since my birthday I've become very nostalgic. I've been doing a lot of looking back instead of looking forward. I really don't know why. And there are a number of other issues I won't go into here.

So there you have it...

Jul 10 12 06:05 pm Link

Photographer

Greg Burnside ITS

Lockhart, Florida, US

Honestly it's just us who remember better times that keep it alive out of nostalgia sake.  a regional community is just something that isn't fostered here and has been easily and honestly better replaced by groups on Facebook.

Honestly after this last M&G.. may be the end for me in such events. It was OK but loss of items doesn't sit well in my stomach... the past events I and others have taken items left them out even let others borrow without worry. (I did not leave anything out though)

MM is a social site... to many think its a job site.. I have heard it right from their mouth that "I am getting no work from MM"... I have seen lack in interest from all fields across MM,  just same old news over and over...

Facebook... had it.. left it.. don't want it... waste of time. FB is just a "Hey Look at me" or "My life is better than yours"... I can go outside talk to neighbors... damn didn't know they were in such need.. have made over $300 doing misc jobs for them...

Jul 10 12 09:29 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Well, that was a tradition that started years ago, by me I think... i'll have to go back and check.

But yeah, the community on this site overall, model mayhem was never the same after they exiled us to the Off Topic threads.

The community grew out of commenting on the event thread but everyone else got jealous because it was one of the most popular and not always on topic... so they pushed us here where it has taken a couple of years to wither and die.

We just have to get frank onto facebook, he's the only person we are missing smile  well Frank and SOS smile

"They" won't let me on FB  .  .  .  they said I'm too danged old (messin' up the demographics or sumethin'), and smell bad  .  .  .  well, maybe it was Jake that smelled bad  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Jul 11 12 09:38 am Link

Model

Lady Pelvic

Orlando, Florida, US

sospix wrote:

Well, there iz worser addictions  .  .  .  I guess  .  .  .  wink  What has ya glued to da screen  .  .  .

SOS

This RPG called Dragon's Dogma.
It's about a Dragon that rips out your heart and you have to get it back. C:

Jul 11 12 08:45 pm Link

Model

Lady Pelvic

Orlando, Florida, US

Charles Howse -JAOF- wrote:

Lol, Instagram.

Ya know I wondered about that...there were no more drinks. ... Naturally that happened once I turned 21. hmm

Jul 11 12 08:46 pm Link

Model

Lady Pelvic

Orlando, Florida, US

Greg Burnside ITS wrote:

D'aw~!
My face is your avatar! *w*
/late

Jul 11 12 08:47 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Lady Pelvic wrote:

This RPG called Dragon's Dogma.
It's about a Dragon that rips out your heart and you have to get it back. C:

Jul 12 12 08:00 am Link

Model

Lady Pelvic

Orlando, Florida, US

sospix wrote:

Using yer latest AVI as a basis, I don't think you'll have any problem gettin' it back  .  .  .  wink  You still in drinkin' shape????

SOS

Tehe, thanks.
Pssh, am I in drinking shape?
Heck YES. You should come on my side of town. Get this thang going.

Jul 12 12 08:11 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Lady Pelvic wrote:

Tehe, thanks.
Pssh, am I in drinking shape?
Heck YES. You should come on my side of town. Get this thang going.

Jest what IS yer side o' town  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Jul 12 12 10:28 am Link

Model

Lady Pelvic

Orlando, Florida, US

sospix wrote:

Jest what IS yer side o' town  .  .  .  wink

SOS

By UCF. : D
GOOGLE IT!

Jul 12 12 03:36 pm Link

Photographer

TL Westgate

Altamonte Springs, Florida, US

Funny, I just got back from Germany/Prague/Vienna as well.

Jul 12 12 06:27 pm Link

Photographer

Greg Burnside ITS

Lockhart, Florida, US

Lady Pelvic wrote:

D'aw~!
My face is your avatar! *w*
/late

Wicked cute huh!!!

Jul 12 12 07:43 pm Link

Model

Lady Pelvic

Orlando, Florida, US

Greg Burnside ITS wrote:

Wicked cute huh!!!

A-DORABLE. tongue

Jul 13 12 05:18 am Link

Photographer

Carl Roberts

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Greg Burnside ITS wrote:
Wicked cute huh!!!

Lady Pelvic wrote:
A-DORABLE. tongue

Agreed!

Jul 13 12 05:34 am Link

Photographer

H E R B L I S H

Orlando, Florida, US

Moaning!

Jul 13 12 09:54 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Are we ready to turn the page yet?

This one is just old and boring...

Jul 14 12 06:30 pm Link

Photographer

H E R B L I S H

Orlando, Florida, US

Life goes on!

Jul 14 12 08:20 pm Link

Photographer

joeyk

Seminole, Florida, US

Are we ready to turn the page yet?

This one is just old and boring...

Looks like the two week plan on a page nowadays...

Jul 14 12 09:44 pm Link

Photographer

Walker1812 Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Greg Burnside ITS wrote:

Honestly after this last M&G.. may be the end for me in such events. It was OK but loss of items doesn't sit well in my stomach... the past events I and others have taken items left them out even let others borrow without worry. (I did not leave anything out though)

MM is a social site... to many think its a job site.. I have heard it right from their mouth that "I am getting no work from MM"... I have seen lack in interest from all fields across MM,  just same old news over and over...

Facebook... had it.. left it.. don't want it... waste of time. FB is just a "Hey Look at me" or "My life is better than yours"... I can go outside talk to neighbors... damn didn't know they were in such need.. have made over $300 doing misc jobs for them...

You should have spoken up about stolen items, this is the first I've heard of it

Jul 14 12 11:57 pm Link