Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Pin up / Vargas style photos

Photographer

Matt Knowles

Ferndale, California, US

Lewis and Clarke wrote:
I am a road block on my how to create a pin up. At the 3:52 mark in this demo I don't know how to do the correct key stroke command to load the luminosity.

http://www.planetphotoshop.com/pin-up-effect.html
or
Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9Jes6VUfo4

I have a MacBook Pro with CS5 suite. Need help with the MAC command for this layer. Thanks in advance MM forum.

I was stuck there too, and found the answer in the comments on that page.

Use Command-Option-2 instead of Command-Option-Tilde

Jan 30 12 10:43 am Link

Photographer

The Art of Churchwell

QUEENS VILLAGE, New York, US

Kevin_Connery wrote:

It's simple, but it simply does not give results close to anything like a Vargas painting. Like it or not, that's not what it resembled.

Im glad so many email later that people disagree with you

Jan 30 12 10:57 am Link

Photographer

Images By Joseph

Naperville, Illinois, US

Jan 30 12 11:16 am Link

Photographer

Cinema Photography

Boulder, Colorado, US

The Art of Churchwell wrote:

Im glad so many email later that people disagree with you

Stevie Wonder could see this and agree you are flat out wrong aoc.

Please show us how you have created anything that resembles even in the slightest way this:

https://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/pho-tog-ra-phy/tumblr_ljbix5jGud1qz5q5oo1_500-1.jpg

This is a Varga girl. A vintage pin up. Feel free to show us how you have managed to duplicate this effect and look.

Jan 30 12 12:06 pm Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

Take a look at this one, 18+  https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/26894188 and compare it with the original in my port. I just used smudge stick in Elements 4 and played with the settings a bit.

Jan 30 12 01:26 pm Link

Photographer

The Art of Churchwell

cinema photography wrote:

Stevie Wonder could see this and agree you are flat out wrong aoc.

Please show us how you have created anything that resembles even in the slightest way this:

https://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/pho-tog-ra-phy/tumblr_ljbix5jGud1qz5q5oo1_500-1.jpg

This is a Varga girl. A vintage pin up. Feel free to show us how you have managed to duplicate this effect and look.

Dude I am not going to play your "lets see who we can get upset and get themselves brigged today" game. Im sure there are others you can play that game with for your daily quota. Clients like what I do. Clients call it "Vargas like." I enjoy them. Enjoy your day. By the way my images doesn't have yellow stains on them. yuck

Jan 30 12 01:45 pm Link

Photographer

Cinema Photography

Boulder, Colorado, US

Dude I am not going to play your "lets see who we can get upset and get themselves brigged today" game. Im sure there are others you can play that game with for your daily quota. Clients like what I do. Clients call it "Vargas like." I enjoy them. Enjoy your day. By the way my images doesn't have yellow stains on them. yuck

So you quoted Kevin weeks later why again? Snarky? wiseassery?

Just because you put rocks in the oven doesnt make em biscuits

Jan 30 12 01:50 pm Link

Photographer

The Art of Churchwell

So you quoted Kevin weeks later why again? Snarky? wiseassery?

Just because you put rocks in the oven doesnt make em biscuits

So your the sargent at arms here. I have to answer to you why  haven't had time to respond? because I have been too busy selling my vargas type poster on my site. Finally got a breather. Is that ok?

Why you trying to annoy me? it's not going to work and after your next comment I will be so dam busy again you may have to wait for me to respond

Jan 30 12 01:54 pm Link

Photographer

The Art of Churchwell

From Seinfeld, "They called it a Mom and Pop store for 40 years and they wasn't even a Mom and Pop?"

"You can't call that a homemade apple pie cause it don't look like the one I make."

" He sells posters of his Giger aliens," yeah but they don't look anything like the one giger created." Well that would be stealing his style now wouldn't it.

smile

Jan 30 12 02:10 pm Link

Photographer

Cinema Photography

Boulder, Colorado, US

Why you trying to annoy me? it's not going to work and after your next comment I will be so dam busy again you may have to wait for me to respond

This started because YOU gave out bad advice.

Tsk. Im surprise non of everyone said "In lightroom turn up the "fill light" and then the "Saturation" or in PS Camera Raw- "Turn up the "fill light" and then the saturation"

It's simple and looks just like a Vargus

http://churchwellcreations.com/2012/01/ … lightroom/

It looks NOTHING like a Vargas pinup or his style. . Nada, zero, zip, el zilcho.

If you had posted that your method gave whatever kind of results, but that they were NOTHING like a Vargas, fine, but you tried to call the sky purple. We just pointed it out and then you went sideways.

Work speaks for itself, so i have no reason to bother with you again, please go back to selling your "Vargus" images. We would hate to disrupt you further...

Jan 30 12 02:14 pm Link

Photographer

The Art of Churchwell

Work speaks for itself, so i have no reason to bother with you again, please go back to selling your "Vargus" images. We would hate to disrupt you further...

glad you understood that. Thank you. one question though...what are those liquid stains from.... wait... I dont want to know. enjoy you calendars

Jan 30 12 02:21 pm Link

Photographer

Cinema Photography

Boulder, Colorado, US

glad you understood that. Thank you. one question though...what are those liquid stains from.... wait... I dont want to know. enjoy you calendars

Dude, you're a clown

edit: And stay off of my FB fan page

Jan 30 12 02:31 pm Link

Photographer

Onelog Photography

Nashville, Tennessee, US

uhm, I got 5 bucks on Jase?

Jan 30 12 02:36 pm Link