Forums > Photography Talk > Newspapers are closing shutters on staff Photogs

Photographer

Michael McGowan

Tucson, Arizona, US

If you learn photo and video and you're the lucky photographer who is kept on the job, you'll get to do twice as much work, including editing the "free" video the company brings in. Yes, you'll have a job, but it'll be a job of going through the free product and trying to make it look halfway good.

Very few photojournalists actually get to do much photojournalism anymore. Cuts to staff and dumping of duties onto fewer and fewer people mean the shooters have less and less time to produce more and more.

It's sad, but the web is killing newspapers, because people won't pay for news. They get what they want online. What they don't realize is the money they spend for access doesn't get to the people who produce their news. And that means fewer and fewer reporters and photographers (even if they do learn video).

Thing is, at the same time newspapers and magazines are trying to punch up their visual appeal. Wonder when they'll give that up, too?

Jan 28 12 02:15 pm Link

Photographer

HJM Photography

Malibu, California, US

Michael McGowan wrote:
If you learn photo and video and you're the lucky photographer who is kept on the job, you'll get to do twice as much work, including editing the "free" video the company brings in. Yes, you'll have a job, but it'll be a job of going through the free product and trying to make it look halfway good.

Very few photojournalists actually get to do much photojournalism anymore. Cuts to staff and dumping of duties onto fewer and fewer people mean the shooters have less and less time to produce more and more.

It's sad, but the web is killing newspapers, because people won't pay for news. They get what they want online. What they don't realize is the money they spend for access doesn't get to the people who produce their news. And that means fewer and fewer reporters and photographers (even if they do learn video).

Thing is, at the same time newspapers and magazines are trying to punch up their visual appeal. Wonder when they'll give that up, too?

Well, by learning video, not only will one have a better chance of working at a newspaper, but one will have a better chance of gaining new clients elsewhere too, as more and more clients are demanding stills & video.  By being a first mover in learning to shoot both stills & video @ the same time, one can maximize one's revenues, brand, and future opportunities.

Jan 28 12 02:31 pm Link

Photographer

FKVPhotography

Ocala, Florida, US

Dan Howell Tearsheets wrote:

really? care to prove that? seriously, quantify that statement with actual facts or admit you don't know what you are talking about.

Don't know about video but learning how to write a basic story sure helps.....it no only got me one job but got another, as a restaurant critic to go.......it was a lot of fun while it lasted and not only got more of my photos published but made other editors aware of my added capability and when you're freelancing....that is a big deal!!.....since there were a dozen other photographer crawling up my butt trying to get the same assignments but they couldn't supply copy.....so guess who grabbed all the pearls.....LOL!

I made more money on weekends and holidays then any of the staff guys.....did all week!!!!

Jan 28 12 02:44 pm Link

Photographer

Imageri by Tim Davis

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Michael McGowan wrote:

I've never once edited another photographer's video. If anything my producer has me upload clips and I'm done. Things are different now. Revenue comes from a variety of sources. Instead of buying magazines people visit their local newspapers website. And on those websites are more than enough banners and other ads to generate revenue.

Jan 28 12 02:46 pm Link

Photographer

Dan Howell Tearsheets

Jersey City, New Jersey, US

HJM Photography wrote:
The raging, seething, anti-progress, anti-technology, anti-art, anti-business h8 has oft puzzled me. smile

I don't see a single person in this thread who suggested not learning video. My point which you missed repeatedly (reading problems?) was that you emphatically state that "A lot of photographers could save their jobs by learning how to shoot stills & video @ the same time," when the cold reality is that there has been a decline of photography jobs in newspapers for more than 10 years now. You clumsily avoided my simple and direct challenge to back up your statement. The simple-minded suggested that adding one component to a photojournalist's skill-set would stem the loss of literally hundreds of jobs nationally is flawed or at least 5 years too late. That ship sailed a while ago.

It's clear you have an agenda that prevents you from comprehending or at least stating information that is outside your experience or point of view. To demonstrate this so repeatedly seems, to me, to be more raging and seething than anyone else posting in this thread.

I suggest giving professionals in this industry at least an ounce of credit for recognizing the trends within the industry. It is frequently amusing to listen to non-participants pontificate about the inner workings of an industry based solely on their deductions, but you are tiresome. You are quite obviously on the outside looking in. You might want to try washing the window that you are looking thru.

Jan 28 12 03:31 pm Link

Photographer

Luminos

Columbia, Maryland, US

cameraman K wrote:
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A … M4GznbIUTA

Old news I'm afraid.

Many of the younger newspaper photographers in the 1970s saw the implications of TV and mass market cameras, combined with the growing impact of stock houses and wire services, and left the business early on.

It's a trend as old as the Brownie.

Proofreaders, editors, copy writers (not copyrighters), type setters, and more have all gone to the big printing press in the sky, along with the presses.

Times changed.   The printing press became of huge importance in the 1600's, and has been overshadowed by first TV, then the Internet (which is also killing off TV as we know it.)

Kodak is in bankruptcy court despite holding many of the basic digital patents - a monument to denial on the part of upper management.   Sony took over Minolta.   times change.

And times will continue to change.   As companies and "content providers" seek more and more controls on the internet, we may see the rise of the "ad hoc" net that is truly out of anyone's control.   What that will do to production business models is likely to make what mp3 did to the CD look like rape compared to seduction.

Jan 28 12 03:45 pm Link

Photographer

HJM Photography

Malibu, California, US

I don't see a single person in this thread who suggested not learning video. My point which you missed repeatedly (reading problems?) was that you emphatically state that "A lot of photographers could save their jobs by learning how to shoot stills & video @ the same time," when the cold reality is that there has been a decline of photography jobs in newspapers for more than 10 years now. You clumsily avoided my simple and direct challenge to back up your statement. The simple-minded suggested that adding one component to a photojournalist's skill-set would stem the loss of literally hundreds of jobs nationally is flawed or at least 5 years too late. That ship sailed a while ago.

It's clear you have an agenda that prevents you from comprehending or at least stating information that is outside your experience or point of view. To demonstrate this so repeatedly seems, to me, to be more raging and seething than anyone else posting in this thread.

I suggest giving professionals in this industry at least an ounce of credit for recognizing the trends within the industry. It is frequently amusing to listen to non-participants pontificate about the inner workings of an industry based solely on their deductions, but you are tiresome. You are quite obviously on the outside looking in. You might want to try washing the window that you are looking thru.

lol smile

actually i am very much in the industry, directly competing with the NYT, and accomplishing a novel feat (the shooting of stills & video @ the same time) that they are also attempting, in a manner superior to the NYT:

http://blog.9shooter.com/2011/07/top-10 … et-is.html

h8 on bro.  spew more h8 & venom on hardworking window washers, in addition to photojournalists.

smile

Jan 28 12 04:57 pm Link

Photographer

SEQUOIA NATIONAL PARK, California, US

interesting thread.

having worked as a photographer from small town news to a los angeles daily and the associated press i'll give my take and people can think what they may.

newspapers are fast moving from being just newspapers to being media content providers.  virtually every "newspaper" has moved to a branding statement away from paper and ink to bits and bytes.

as for the ongoing argument in this thread, let's put this to rest.  video will not enhance the still photographer in the media shooting pool.  true, newspapers are moving away from print to on-line content as their main focus, but on-line video in many cases is presented in partnership with local television sources or purchased from independents. 

when those sources aren't available/applicable, content is provided by the average joe shooting from their camera phone and presented in youtube fashion.

the biggest drawback to thinking mr. nikon or mr. canon will be a viable resource goes to technical application.  in larger (major) markets there are sat trucks rolling on breaking news from multiple sources, either television stations, networks or contracted independents. 

newspapers aren't rolling those 1/2 million dollar trucks or buying "bird time" rather, they are purchasing it from other sources.  additionally, newspapers aren't set up with editing banks or the personnel to view-edit-upload, let alone having the budget to equip and man a video operation to bring breaking news.

it is still a very segregated means of resource between still photography and video.  nowhere was this shown more completely than when i worked the michael jackson / farrah fawcett death tours.  the associated press and other sources had full crews of those shooting still and shooting video.  the twains didn't meet as the technical resources needed just didn't mesh.

as for the dying breed of newspaper (media corporations) reducing the number of still photographers, it is entirely true.  sources such as getty give media outlets the best of all worlds in images along with being instant and it's far less costly.

if one wishes to add video to their skill-set then it does become valuable.  but one shouldn't think they can do that with their digital still camera.  it doesn't work that way for real news, unless the objective is to become a youtube news star.

Jan 28 12 05:48 pm Link

Photographer

Leggy Mountbatten

Kansas City, Missouri, US

HJM Photography wrote:
well, you could use doug mills of the nyt's method:
http://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/07/1 … e-at-once/

or our method:
http://9shooter.com

or compare the two leading methods & decide:

God, you're still pimping that 9 Shooter crap?  You're not the guy who's spammed DP Review, phot.net, Amazon, etc, are you?

Problems with this thing:
Holding a camera the way the girl does in the picture on the 9shooter site can be very harmful, straining the flexor and extensor muscles of the wrist and compress the radioulnar joint.

Professional photographers rotate their cameras very frequently.

If you hold the still camera properly, the video camera bangs into your chest.

Hanging the video camera underneath the still camera leads to unflattering angles (looking up noses) or getting blocked by obstructions that don't affect the still camera.

You've placed the video camera at a high motion point, making it the opposite of a stabilization system. This will increase vibration, or even make the vidicam swing back and forth.

Yeah, this is the way to do it.

https://45surf.smugmug.com/Other/dslr-with-hd-video-dslr-stills/45surf-double-45-dueler-TM/swimsuit/728931993_bkGWP-M.jpg

Jan 28 12 07:40 pm Link

Photographer

HJM Photography

Malibu, California, US

Leggy Mountbatten wrote:
God, you're still pimping that 9 Shooter crap?  You're not the guy who's spammed DP Review, phot.net, Amazon, etc, are you?

Problems with this thing:
Holding a camera the way the girl does in the picture on the 9shooter site can be very harmful, straining the flexor and extensor muscles of the wrist and compress the radioulnar joint.

Professional photographers rotate their cameras very frequently.

If you hold the still camera properly, the video camera bangs into your chest.

Hanging the video camera underneath the still camera leads to unflattering angles (looking up noses) or getting blocked by obstructions that don't affect the still camera.

You've placed the video camera at a high motion point, making it the opposite of a stabilization system. This will increase vibration, or even make the vidicam swing back and forth.

Yeah, this is the way to do it.

https://45surf.smugmug.com/Other/dslr-with-hd-video-dslr-stills/45surf-double-45-dueler-TM/swimsuit/728931993_bkGWP-M.jpg

Lol! That model of the device is over two years old! What--did u save the picture on your hard drive? Lol!

Are u the stalker they deleted from dpreview for stalking and harassing me a couple years back and more recently?  What was your handle there?

Dude! The video cameras have epic dynamic stabilization. There is no vibration! There is less camera shake than major motion pictures, so yes, the video may be too smooth.  Soooo how many times have u tried this?

Lol! Shooting up peoples' noses?  Do u stand 3 inches from your subject? Tell me, expert stalker, can u see up peoples' noses in the videos here: http://9shooter.com

U say pro photographers frequently rotate their cameras. Since you took a class on this, what is the frequency of camera rotation? Suppose I want 2 be a pro like u. What is the minum frequency (in hertz) that I must rotate my camera? Lol!

Will I be professionaly h8d on by all the pro h8rs if I don't rotate the camera with the proper pro frequency? smile

Jan 28 12 08:14 pm Link

Photographer

HJM Photography wrote:
Dude! The video cameras have epic dynamic stabilization. There is no vibration! There is less camera shake than major motion pictures, so yes, the video may be too smooth.

you write as though you are the youtube shooters i describe in the news biz.

Jan 28 12 08:27 pm Link

Photographer

HJM Photography

Malibu, California, US

291 wrote:

Go watch a major motion picture or indie flick or the bourne identity or csi.  The camera is continually moving/shaking.  Perfectly still cameras can be found on soap operas from the 80s.

Youtube gets more daily searches than yahoo or bing. Get your brand and your clients' brands on youtube!

Jan 28 12 08:40 pm Link

Photographer

Leggy Mountbatten

Kansas City, Missouri, US

291 wrote:

HJM Photography wrote:
Go watch a major motion picture or indie flick or the bourne identity or csi.  The camera is continually moving/shaking.  Perfectly still cameras can be found on soap operas from the 80s.

Youtube gets more daily searches than yahoo or bing. Get your brand and your clients' brands on youtube!

So you are the guy who's spammed all of those forums. Good to get confirmation.

Also good to see you're still recommending people use your product in such a way that they can be injured.

https://45surf.smugmug.com/Stills-hd-video-dslr-bracket/Stills-hd-video-dslr-bracket/9shooter-Bracket-Video-DSLR-HD/canon-eos-7d-laguna-swimsuit/1153682979_w9wiy-L.jpg

HJM Photography wrote:
Lol! That model of the device is over two years old! What--did u save the picture on your hard drive? Lol!

Are u the stalker they deleted from dpreview for stalking and harassing me a couple years back and more recently?  What was your handle there?

Dude! The video cameras have epic dynamic stabilization. There is no vibration! There is less camera shake than major motion pictures, so yes, the video may be too smooth.  Soooo how many times have u tried this?

Lol! Shooting up peoples' noses?  Do u stand 3 inches from your subject? Tell me, expert stalker, can u see up peoples' noses in the videos here: http://9shooter.com

U say pro photographers frequently rotate their cameras. Since you took a class on this, what is the frequency of camera rotation? Suppose I want 2 be a pro like u. What is the minum frequency (in hertz) that I must rotate my camera? Lol!

Will I be professionaly h8d on by all the pro h8rs if I don't rotate the camera with the proper pro frequency? smile

BTW, how old are you?

"U say pro photographers frequently rotate their cameras. Since you took a class on this, what is the frequency of camera rotation? Suppose I want 2 be a pro like u. What is the minum frequency (in hertz) that I must rotate my camera? Lol!"

Jan 28 12 08:44 pm Link

Photographer

HJM Photography

Malibu, California, US

Leggy Mountbatten wrote:
So you are the guy who's spammed all of those forums. Good to get confirmation.

Also good to see you're still recommending people use your product in such a way that they can be injured.

https://45surf.smugmug.com/Stills-hd-video-dslr-bracket/Stills-hd-video-dslr-bracket/9shooter-Bracket-Video-DSLR-HD/canon-eos-7d-laguna-swimsuit/1153682979_w9wiy-L.jpg

lol!  you are reciting a list of talking points you made up over two years ago.

the future is not spam.

nobody is getting injured, but you use this as your favorite talking point, as u think it will scare people and thusly kill the brand via false statements, libel, and slander, which you must cease and desist from doing.

why have u--a "pro" photographer who went to "school" for it--had such a vested, concerted interested in stalking and harassing me with your talking points and pictures from your hard drive from over two years ago, for the past two years? y do u have so much time on ur hands?

lol! 

speaking of injuries, it is far more healthy to focus on positive things in your own work and life, than to devote your life to stalking/harassing others. smile

Jan 28 12 08:50 pm Link

Photographer

ImageX

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

+10000.

Its a miracle that HJM hasnt been banned for the consant spamming and threadjacking. I'm almost embarrassed for him. Not quite tough because he actually thinks he invented the "novel" idea of attaching two
cameras together. LOL There is good reason that almost every one of his ridiculous threads are deleted by the moderators of this forum.

Jan 28 12 08:55 pm Link

Photographer

HJM Photography

Malibu, California, US

ImageX wrote:
+10000.

Its a miracle that HJM hasnt been banned for the consant spamming and threadjacking. I'm almost embarrassed for him. Not quite tough because he actually thinks he invented the idea of attaching two
cameras together. LOL There is good reason that almost every one of his ridiculous threads are deleted by the moderators of this forum.

Another thread stalker of mine ImageX!  It's not spam to present new ideas and philosophies for obtaining stills & video @ the same time, while also presenting novel manners for augmenting revenue streams.  Furthermore, my threads are not deleted, but rather, you will find them to often be the most popular threads.  Also, you constantly participate in them yourself!  Google your name with my name to see how much time you devote to my epic threads! smile

https://www.google.com/search?sourceid= … 63&bih=802

248 results ImageX!  You are quite an accomplished stalker/pro-h8r and are to be commended! smile

Jan 28 12 09:00 pm Link

Photographer

ImageX

HJM Photography wrote:

Another thread stalker of mine ImageX!  It's not spam to present new ideas and philosophies for obtaining stills & video @ the same time, while also presenting novel manners for augmenting revenue streams.  Furthermore, my threads are not deleted, but rather, you will find them to often be the most popular threads.  Also, you constantly participate in them yourself!  Google your name with my name to see how much time you devote to my epic threads! smile

I think your threads are hilarious. People are laughing at you and your agenda while you try to play it off as innovation. I especially like how you have been using the one single NYT reporter as your reference for years to push what YOU think is a novel idea. It is so dumb and funny that you are a running joke on this forum. An epic failure.... like your gadget. If it was so awesome and innovative, you sure as hell wouldnt be here making an ass of yourself so often. You would be busy making sure production meets demand. LOL

Jan 28 12 09:06 pm Link

Photographer

TrianglePhoto

Chicago, Illinois, US

Wow.

I can't believe I wasted the bandwidth to even look at that site...

One thing I did notice, I didn't see a single camera shown shooting vertical... that would be a pretty big drawback... In fact, a show stopper...

Jan 28 12 09:06 pm Link

Photographer

MCmodeling

Sonora, California, US

I did sports photography for a small town newspaper. They found out that they could save money by having parents take the photos. They figure why pay when you can get it free evan if the quality isn't there

Jan 28 12 09:07 pm Link

Photographer

HJM Photography wrote:
It's not spam to present new ideas and philosophies for obtaining stills & video @ the same time, while also presenting novel manners for augmenting revenue streams.

some call it spam.  others call it for what it is.  a lot of really uninformed information in this thread you've presented.  time to get back to some real-world reality if you wish to be taken seriously.

Jan 28 12 09:07 pm Link

Photographer

TrianglePhoto

Chicago, Illinois, US

Ah - now I remember you - you were the guy who claimed 35,000,000 views....

tragic.

Jan 28 12 09:08 pm Link

Photographer

MCmodeling

Sonora, California, US

Oh and those that brought up doing video. How do you put video on a newspaper?

Jan 28 12 09:09 pm Link

Photographer

ImageX

TrianglePhoto wrote:
Wow.

I can't believe I wasted the bandwidth to even look at that site...

I love the "patent pending" part. Its been pending for years now. LOL The patent office is laughing at him too.

Jan 28 12 09:09 pm Link

Photographer

45surf Photography

Los Angeles, California, US

Jan 28 12 09:10 pm Link

Photographer

BlindMike

San Francisco, California, US

Moderator Note!
That'll be the end of that. Carry on and stay on topic.

Jan 28 12 09:11 pm Link

Photographer

BlindMike wrote:
That'll be the end of that. Carry on and stay on topic.

there is a member responding that clearly knows nothing of the reality of media.  target that person if you target anyone in this thread.

Jan 28 12 09:18 pm Link

Photographer

ImageX

291 wrote:
there is a member responding that clearly knows nothing of the reality of media.  target that person if you target anyone in this thread.

45surf and HJM are the same person. The mods are hip to his tactics and spam.

Jan 28 12 09:23 pm Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

MCPHOTO wrote:

Allot of papers have a Net presence nowadays, even our backwater little ivpressonline.com.

Jan 28 12 09:24 pm Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

MCPHOTO wrote:

Allot of papers have a Net presence nowadays, even our backwater little ivpressonline.com.

Jan 28 12 09:26 pm Link

Photographer

ImageX

Someone already mentioned it but newspapers have been in serious decline for more than a decade. Its strange that someone would bring up video in regards to the topic of this thread. With that said, I watched State of Play last night. Good movie. It kind of had a side story of print vs online news.

Jan 28 12 09:32 pm Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

The Nikon V1 can shoot full res stills and video at the same time. Since that's been determined to be the future of photojournalism, I'm assuming that all PJ's will be converting to the N1 before long.

Jan 29 12 05:27 am Link

Photographer

Jim McSmith

Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom

If I were going down the hybrid route I would rather have a good camcorder that shot stills than juggle two pieces of equipment. You don't need hi-rez stills cameras like a DSLR for web work. The idea would be just to grab a few stills between shooting the video. Just my tuppence worth.

Jan 29 12 07:08 am Link

Photographer

GCobb Photography

Southaven, Mississippi, US

Newspapers won't be going away for a while.  Not everyone has a computer or something to read online news with.  That part should be a no-brainer.

It should also be a no-brainer that everyone with as much as a camera phone is doing the staff photographer work for free.  So yeah, those positions are being eliminated since they can get work for free from those who don't know any better.

Jan 29 12 07:15 am Link

Photographer

Luminos

Columbia, Maryland, US

GCobb Photography wrote:
Newspapers won't be going away for a while.  Not everyone has a computer or something to read online news with.  That part should be a no-brainer.

It should also be a no-brainer that everyone with as much as a camera phone is doing the staff photographer work for free.  So yeah, those positions are being eliminated since they can get work for free from those who don't know any better.

It isn't the point at which the last person decides to stop, it is the point at which subscriptions fall below a point that the paper is economically viable no matter how much they cut.

And the cuts usually mean an end to various features, and the quality, which results in more cancellations.

Most papers have survived into the 21st Century by being purchased by conglomerate medias, that operate the papers as loss leaders into other areas.   No longer profitable alone, they have a catalytic value to their other businesses.

The Washington Post became unprofitable, and sold to just such interests - losing independence and shifting tone, cutting content, and dropping features and quality control measures.

I still subscribe to the Post, but the day is coming that it will no longer have relevance or use to me.

And they now charge more than most people are willing to pay as well.

So at some point, even if there are readers willing to subscribe, the paper folds.   And that has been going on since the 1930's, accelerated in the 1970s, accelerated again in the 1990's, and we are now in the situation where print papers are similar to film - a forever waning market that will cease to have major influence or market penetration once legacy consumers have either switched or died.

Jan 29 12 07:25 am Link

Photographer

salvatori.

Amundsen-Scott - permanent station of the US, Unclaimed Sector, Antarctica

So since I am not on Facebook, not only can I not read the article concerning something to do with journalism, I can't even look at the article to see if what is written is even valid or substantial.

I understand the irony might be lost on me. Maybe someone will write a blog about it and then their opinion will educate me............................................

Jan 29 12 07:37 am Link

Photographer

Dan Howell

Kerhonkson, New York, US

salvatori. wrote:
So since I am not on Facebook, not only can I not read the article concerning something to do with journalism, I can't even look at the article to see if what is written is even valid or substantial.

I understand the irony might be lost on me. Maybe someone will write a blog about it and then their opinion will educate me............................................

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/greensl … ndependent

the article wasn't on facebook, just linked thru facebook...

Jan 29 12 07:53 am Link

Photographer

salvatori.

Amundsen-Scott - permanent station of the US, Unclaimed Sector, Antarctica

Dan Howell wrote:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/greensl … ndependent

the article wasn't on facebook, just linked thru facebook...

Thanks for the direct link.

I like the 'new newsspeak' in the blog that refers to the use of 'freelance contributors' aka 'people who send in pics taken with their phones' (I assume).

Jan 29 12 08:02 am Link

Photographer

Glamour by Glenn

Chattanooga, Tennessee, US

I've worked for newspapers and one of the big wire services. The last time I can remember feeling secure in my career as a photojournalist we used the Leaf Desk to transmit photos and Blix was a huge lifesaver.

Here are a few thoughts that are worth almost exactly what you paid for them:

A photojournalist does rotate his/her camera to recompose vertically or horizontally. I will often shoot something both ways to give my editor some flexibility when they are doing the layouts in Quark.

The paper I've been working for has come to rely more on reader submitted photos for spot news but they use us for planned events such as political events, concerts, sporting events, etc... Shooting video is often prohibited except by the network that is contracted to cover the event in the case of sporting events. At concerts no one usually shoots video unless the management has hired someone to film the concert. When video is allowed it is usually restricted to at most 30 second segments.

I'm writing more articles as well as contributing the photos since I've taken some writing classes.

Someone mentioned Photoshop skills being important. The paper I usually work for just wants the JPEG straight from the camera with no in-camera enhancements.

Jan 29 12 08:33 am Link

Photographer

3rdeyemedia us

Los Angeles, California, US

really? care to prove that? seriously, quantify that statement with actual facts or admit you don't know what you are talking about.

Personally although I have no facts on this I tend to agree with this statement and so does Nikon if you look at the Nikon D4 and their new point and shoots can now actually shoot photos and video at the same time. 

By the way I shoot Canon 5D Mark II and I am making way more money shooting video than photos now days.  But seriously looking at Nikon D4 :-).  This will be absolutely excellent as a wedding camera and for music videos.

Jan 30 12 08:04 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

HJM Photography wrote:
smile

With all due respect, this feels more like an advertisement for your bracket than a meaningful discussion about photojournalism.

Jan 30 12 08:28 pm Link