Forums > Critique > Want me to suggest your REASONABLE hourly rate?

Hair Stylist

Violete

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom

Please do! smile

Jun 02 12 07:06 am Link

Photographer

Lachance Photography

Daytona Beach, Florida, US

Please do.

Jun 02 12 07:19 am Link

Model

MartaBrixton

London, England, United Kingdom

I'm sorry, Im not tryin to be mean but I went thru ya portfolio and sorry but I take better pictures with my phone (and Im not a photographer)... I mean you dont seem to have ANY experience and you are giving advices to people that are VERY experienced... I dont get it.

Jun 02 12 07:31 am Link

Photographer

Digital Blitz

Gaithersburg, Maryland, US

MartaBrixton wrote:
I'm sorry, Im not tryin to be mean but I went thru ya portfolio and sorry but I take better pictures with my phone (and Im not a photographer)... I mean you dont seem to have ANY experience and you are giving advices to people that are VERY experienced... I dont get it.

Isnt that a harsh reality? Good luck!

Jun 02 12 08:26 am Link

Photographer

Digital Blitz

Violete wrote:
Please do! smile

Your hair styling is very good, but need more pics. How about adding some more?
I will hire you at $50/hr.

Jun 02 12 08:28 am Link

Photographer

Digital Blitz

Mark Lachance wrote:
Please do.

Your outdoor pictures have come out nice. We need to work on our indoors. Lets have a few more TFCD under our belt - we have a few miles to go otherwise.

Jun 02 12 08:30 am Link

Photographer

Art Silva

Santa Barbara, California, US

Would love your take smile ... Remember, I live in (high rent) coastal so. california

Jun 02 12 08:31 am Link

Photographer

Digital Blitz

Wysiwyg Photography wrote:
"interested".

Hobbyist? You shoot quit your day time job and turn pro. You will more moeny than whatever your job currently pays you. The one of the nude against the car - that one is priceless. Pardon my listing it.

Jun 02 12 08:33 am Link

Photographer

KonstantKarma

Campobello, South Carolina, US

MartaBrixton wrote:

Isn't that what this board is for?  ^.~

Jun 02 12 08:35 am Link

Photographer

Digital Blitz

Art Silva Photography wrote:
Would love your take smile ... Remember, I live in (high rent) coastal so. california

Senor Silva: Como estas?
You know female figure very well. You depict the contours so beautifully. And most of them in natural lights. I am a big fan of natural  lights.

I dont know coastal expenses but if you lived in DC area - you should command $85/hr. How much are you charging?

Jun 02 12 08:36 am Link

Photographer

Digital Blitz

KonstantKarma wrote:

Isn't that what this board is for?  ^.~

Hey you do good things good things happen to you. Karma 101 - right?

Jun 02 12 08:37 am Link

Photographer

KonstantKarma

Digital Blitz wrote:

Hey you do good things good things happen to you. Karma 101 - right?

That's what the monks keep tellin' me!

Jun 02 12 08:38 am Link

Photographer

Digital Blitz

KonstantKarma wrote:

That's what the monks keep tellin' me!

BTW: I am not a fan of extensive photoshopping either. Hide blemishes yes. That should be it. what say?

Jun 02 12 08:46 am Link

Photographer

KonstantKarma

Digital Blitz wrote:

BTW: I am not a fan of extensive photoshopping either. Hide blemishes yes. That should be it. what say?

It depends on the image and the look I'm going for, but for the most part, yes. My workflow involves a contrast curve adjustment, sometimes some eye sharpening or contrast/tone, for example if the person was bloodshot that day, and that's about it.

If I'm spending more than a minute max post-processing an image, I think there's a serious problem with me as a photographer or the person/thing I'm photographing. One of us probably shouldn't be there.

Jun 02 12 08:50 am Link

Photographer

Lachance Photography

Digital Blitz wrote:

Your outdoor pictures have come out nice. We need to work on our indoors. Lets have a few more TFCD under our belt - we have a few miles to go otherwise.

Jun 02 12 08:51 am Link

Photographer

Lachance Photography

What about my indoor pics needs work?

Jun 02 12 08:52 am Link

Photographer

Digital Blitz

KonstantKarma wrote:

It depends on the image and the look I'm going for, but for the most part, yes. My workflow involves a contrast curve adjustment, sometimes some eye sharpening or contrast/tone, for example if the person was bloodshot that day, and that's about it.

If I'm spending more than a minute max post-processing an image, I think there's a serious problem with me as a photographer or the person/thing I'm photographing. One of us probably shouldn't be there.

I agree on your point but Just one minute? Hmm....well...Can I politely say that is a little too little?

Jun 02 12 08:54 am Link

Photographer

Digital Blitz

Mark Lachance wrote:
What about my indoor pics needs work?

Marky Mark Mark: I am under oathe to be nice to people today - if you had asked me yesterday (I was on a vinegar diet).

Lets see - you have just 3 indoor shots and 2 definitely have problems with lights and shadows. What I meant is lets have a few more TFCDs - we will know ourselves where to do better!

Jun 02 12 08:57 am Link

Model

ArtemisAesthetic

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Meluxine wrote:
May I ask how much is your current rate - I want to know where did I go wrong in my assessments. As the others will tell you here...I am darned close.

Usually $100/ hour. Then again I'm in Australia where everything is higher. My rates are comparable with other art nude models here. It's working for me so far smile

wink that is my rate as well, works the best for nude work! When he said 60, I was like does he even know who Meluxine is!!! Lol hope you are well doll.

Jun 02 12 09:05 am Link

Photographer

KonstantKarma

Digital Blitz wrote:
I agree on your point but Just one minute? Hmm....well...Can I politely say that is a little too little?

Well, that's just my workflow, to make me happy with my images. Keep in mind I work quickly.  I did forget to add cropping in there, if necessary, but I've been trying to get better about composing and framing beforehand.  People need to rely on creating a better image from the start, not being sloppy and hoping to fix it afterward.

Look at the images in my portfolio - That's a crop (sometimes), contrast screen, scale down, watermark paste and save.  The Steampunk images did have a second layer for the metallic finish, still under a minute. Could they be more awesome? Well sure, there's no end to post-processing, you can tweak an image file for 36 hours if you wanted (I guess).  But I got the result *I* was happy with.

Edit: The dark noisy high-ISO shot is straight from the camera.

Jun 02 12 09:06 am Link

Photographer

Art Silva

Santa Barbara, California, US

Digital Blitz wrote:

Senor Silva: Como estas?
You know female figure very well. You depict the contours so beautifully. And most of them in natural lights. I am a big fan of natural  lights.

I dont know coastal expenses but if you lived in DC area - you should command $85/hr. How much are you charging?

Thank you. I do prefer natural light but have a studio on stand-by just in case.
Ironically, i have not charged in all the years I've been doing nudes because I want to work with the best I can, so I usually pay or trade... but I have been thinking lately to offer my figure study services and experience to those interested in paying.
Thanks again smile

Jun 02 12 09:09 am Link

Photographer

L Bass

Nacogdoches, Texas, US

Do me... I'm curious what you think wink

Jun 02 12 09:53 am Link

Photographer

Raw and the cooked

Actually mate, Martha has a point............

Jun 02 12 10:02 am Link

Model

Zylra

Altamonte Springs, Florida, US

I'll bite. How much?

Jun 02 12 10:03 am Link

Model

Skylerr

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

MartaBrixton wrote:

Im gonna get hate on for this but I totally agree, I should've looked over this persons port before asking for advice haha

Jun 02 12 10:22 am Link

Model

ZoeBelle

Seattle, Washington, US

Haven't updated my port in a long while but curious as to what you think based on what you see smile

Jun 02 12 10:45 am Link

Photographer

L Bass

Nacogdoches, Texas, US

Skylerr wrote:
Im gonna get hate on for this but I totally agree, I should've looked over this persons port before asking for advice haha

I see what you mean... I just peeked. Oh well... it's all in fun anyway. It won't be a career-changer for me either way. wink

Jun 02 12 11:21 am Link

Model

i think i was skipped ;/

Jun 02 12 11:30 am Link

Model

Dekilah

Dearborn, Michigan, US

I think I was skipped too (somewhere around page 8)

Jun 02 12 12:24 pm Link

Photographer

Digital Blitz

L Bass wrote:
Do me... I'm curious what you think wink

65/hr

Jun 02 12 12:44 pm Link

Photographer

Digital Blitz

Skylerr wrote:
quote]

Thank you Skyler and others:
Please read my opening in the thread. I never claimed anything. And at any time, you dont like my comments - print them in absorbant paper and wipe your butt with it. It will make you feel better! Good luck anyway!

Jun 02 12 12:53 pm Link

Photographer

Digital Blitz

Dekilah wrote:
I think I was skipped too (somewhere around page 8)

65/hr. Is that your normal?

Jun 02 12 12:54 pm Link

Model

Lanna_

Seattle, Washington, US

Digital Blitz wrote:
Sorry missed not skipped.
Promotional: 60
Commercial" 75. Am I close?

Depends on what you call close wink

I don't do promo, but the last time I was offered it was $75/hr.

I am a commercial model (no height for fashion).  Pay is variable depending on the project and client, but the next casting call I'm going to is for a job that pays $2,800 per day.

Say I take out the agency's cut and we call a day 8 hours even.  That's $280/hr

But again, it's variable depending on the project and client.  I regularly see numbers higher and lower.

Jun 03 12 12:35 pm Link

Model

Colette Stone

New York, New York, US

Interested. wink

Jun 03 12 12:37 pm Link

Photographer

Zoe Christou Welsh

Savannah, Georgia, US

How much?  smile

Jun 03 12 01:26 pm Link

Model

RoYa

Göteborg, Västra Götaland, Sweden

do it for me too :-) thanks!

Jun 03 12 01:32 pm Link

Photographer

Digital Blitz

Rojaa wrote:
do it for me too :-) thanks!

I won't be able to tell you in Dirhams or Riyads, but it shall be $45/hr if you worked in the states.

Jun 03 12 02:22 pm Link

Photographer

Digital Blitz

Zoe Christou Welsh wrote:
How much?  smile

Zoe:
Your port does not tell me how tall or short you are; nor does it tell me your any other vital statistics. I am literally having to go by your face value. And your face should command at least $75/hr.

Jun 03 12 02:25 pm Link

Model

ZoeBelle

Seattle, Washington, US

Jun 03 12 03:15 pm Link

Photographer

Digital Blitz

ZoeBelle wrote:

At 40 you can give a lot of 22 year olds a run for their money. In my book: $50/hr

Jun 03 12 03:38 pm Link