Forums > Photography Talk > My old Pentax lenses...what digital to get

Photographer

SensualThemes

Swoyersville, Pennsylvania, US

I know they aren't AF and all that, but until I can bucks up to get a complete system, I'm wondering what digital is CF card compatible and works with my existing lenses.  The 35 that I got these lenses for is at least 10 years old.

ideas?

Aug 17 05 06:51 am Link

Photographer

Doug Harvey

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Might look into the *istD to see if your exsisting glass with work with that body.

Aug 17 05 06:57 am Link

Photographer

John Van

Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands

I think the *istD takes all Pentax bayonet mount lenses, going back to prehistoric times. Pentax is pretty good at that.

Aug 17 05 07:24 am Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

*ist DL is the latest, body only for $699 at B&H:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/control … ype=search

I use the *ist DS, body only for $629 at B&H:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/control … ype=search

Honestly, I have absolutely no idea what the difference is between the two, but they are definitely lighter and smaller than the original *ist D which is still list priced much much higer than the newer ones for some reason. I don't understand this at all, but they're great cameras.

Aug 17 05 11:41 am Link

Photographer

Revon Photography Video

Los Angeles, California, US

I have the Pentax *ist DS, and it is a great camera. I've made 11x14 prints out of its images and they look so good.

I just have problems focusing when it is dark, so I have to use manual focus when it occurs.

Other than that, it is worth your money.

Aug 17 05 12:54 pm Link

Photographer

David Stith

Lexington, Kentucky, US

I have the Pentax *istD. Great camera, like all camera's it has it's limitations, but overall excellent quality. I have 7 lenses. The *istD supports compact flash, the new models I believe just support SD cards.. which isn't a bad thing. SD cards are very fast. If you would like more info or would like to see some examples of work I have shot with it, let me know.

I also have a Pentax Pz1p which I love for shooting film. I recently bought a Nikon D1x, which I am very pleased with as well.

Regards,
David

Aug 19 05 06:13 pm Link