Forums > Photography Talk > Model on her way

Model

Amanda Coop

Spartanburg, South Carolina, US

Hello. I posted under the photographer forum just to touch base. I am traveling to FL. And along the way I am going to make alot of stops in SC. Mainly in Charleston. So if you are near Charleston, SC and want to work with me let me know, and if you are in FL let me know if you would like to work together while I am actually in the area. I am asking for advanced pay or half advanced pay, just so i can cover travel expen, and have everything squared away. You make your own rates for me, I am not asking certain prices for one thing, you offer what you think is reasonable and we will get started as soon as i get all the shoots booked up.  For me to book you i have to have full pay or at least half pay for travel exp and food and any clothing that may be needed for the shoot. If any of you are interested let me know. Thanks!

Manny

Aug 17 05 10:30 am Link

Photographer

Marvin Dockery

Alcoa, Tennessee, US

Manny wrote:
Hello. I posted under the photographer forum just to touch base. I am traveling to FL. And along the way I am going to make alot of stops in SC. Mainly in Charleston. So if you are near Charleston, SC and want to work with me let me know, and if you are in FL let me know if you would like to work together while I am actually in the area. I am asking for advanced pay or half advanced pay, just so i can cover travel expen, and have everything squared away. You make your own rates for me, I am not asking certain prices for one thing, you offer what you think is reasonable and we will get started as soon as i get all the shoots booked up.  For me to book you i have to have full pay or at least half pay for travel exp and food and any clothing that may be needed for the shoot. If any of you are interested let me know. Thanks!

Manny

Manny,

Your offer will scare a lot of photographers. Most of us have been ripped off on the past when we advanced a model for a shoot, and she never showed up.

I like your looks, and if you lived here in Knoxville, I could use you for fine art modeling.

You might ask the interested photographers to message you, and when they do send them your phone number for a live chat.  I get a much better feel for a model on the phone, and we can swap references.

Good Luck

Marvin

Aug 17 05 12:19 pm Link

Photographer

ucsbgaucho

Santa Barbara, California, US

If you are already traveling and going to these places that you'd like to shoot in, how can you expect photographers to "cover your travel expenses"?  Its not like you're making a special trip JUST for the photographer... you'd be going whether you do a shoot or not.  You're best to take the full amount at the shoot itself, you'll find a lot more willing photographers that way.

Aug 18 05 11:04 am Link

Photographer

Mike Cummings

LAKE COMO, Florida, US

ucsbgaucho wrote:
If you are already traveling and going to these places that you'd like to shoot in, how can you expect photographers to "cover your travel expenses"?  Its not like you're making a special trip JUST for the photographer... you'd be going whether you do a shoot or not.  You're best to take the full amount at the shoot itself, you'll find a lot more willing photographers that way.

I don't think she is asking for "travel money" but "shoot money" that she will use to fund her trip with.

With that said I would not risk fronting any money on a model I don't know and might not be able to track down if she failed to show.

Aug 19 05 03:59 am Link