Forums > Photography Talk > smugmug help

Photographer

Tesoro Photography

San Jose, California, US

I have recently moved my web content to smugmug.  Does anyone have any good references for CSS customization.  I am a little lost with all of this code talk, but I want a good looking site.  I don't mind learning, I just want to see where fellow photog's are getting some information.  Thanks!

J. Pedroni

Aug 06 12 05:34 pm Link

Photographer

Chuck Purnell

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Try doing a search on Youtube for: How to use Smugmug. I saw several videos listed. I was considering using SM myself and haven't made a decision yet which I am going to go with.

Aug 06 12 07:35 pm Link

Photographer

Aaron Lewis Photography

Catskill, New York, US

Smugmug is cool. Very customizable.  I think there are some folks around here that do custom Smugmug pages.

How involved of a customization are you looking for? Maybe I can help.

Aug 06 12 08:02 pm Link

Photographer

David Parsons

Quincy, Massachusetts, US

Tesoro Photography wrote:
I have recently moved my web content to smugmug.  Does anyone have any good references for CSS customization.  I am a little lost with all of this code talk, but I want a good looking site.  I don't mind learning, I just want to see where fellow photog's are getting some information.  Thanks!

J. Pedroni

The best place is really the forums at dgrin.com.  They are the official forums for smugmug, and some very experience people hang out there.

Smugmug is a PITA if you aren't experienced with CSS, luckily CSS isn't very hard, it's the weird things that SM makes you do that makes it difficult.

Aug 06 12 08:04 pm Link

Photographer

Tesoro Photography

San Jose, California, US

Aaron Lewis Photography wrote:
Smugmug is cool. Very customizable.  I think there are some folks around here that do custom Smugmug pages.

How involved of a customization are you looking for? Maybe I can help.

I'm just looking for a nice flash or java intro, and then a clean look into my galleries, perhaps with some animation.  Nothing extremely fancy (says the guy who doesn't know the difficulties of the code), but more than the basic look the SM template gives me.

Aug 06 12 09:19 pm Link

Photographer

SPV Photo

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Yup, I second checking out http://www.dgrin.com/

There is a specific sub-forum for customization.

Aug 06 12 09:59 pm Link