Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Destination Wedding in Jamaica.

Makeup Artist

Deanna Rae Artistry

Chicago, Illinois, US

I got an email from a bride asking how much I would charge for a destination wedding in Jamaica? I don't know how many are in the bridal party yet. Just looking for some tips from other artist's who have done destination wedding and what all the bride should be paying for. 

Thanks

Sep 17 12 07:57 am Link

Photographer

KMP

Houston, Texas, US

Deanna Rae Artistry wrote:
I got an email from a bride asking how much I would charge for a destination wedding in Jamaica? I don't know how many are in the bridal party yet. Just looking for some tips from other artist's who have done destination wedding and what all the bride should be paying for. 

Thanks

Sorry for butting  in here but I'd strongly suggest you get more info..and check travel costs..  Obviously she needs to cover all related expenses.

I shot a resort. When I delivered the images and the invoice, the client handed me a bill.

She said, "This is your bill for you and your assistant's rooms, meals and expenses."

It was here that I explained that the bid mentioned that all those expenses were to be covered by the client.. (her) . 

I explained that I'd pay her invoice but I'd send her an additional one plus the  10% markup to cover those expenses.

That's when she said, "Oh." and took back the invoice.  smile

Sep 17 12 08:14 am Link

Makeup Artist

Jaime Criel Makeup

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Get all the info from the bride you would normally get for a wedding (how many people, date, etc.). You need to come prepared with a daily rate for each day you will be gone since this will keep you from getting any other work during those days.
The bride should pay for everything: travel and hotel.
The easiest and most organized way is to write out an invoice and send it to the bride as soon as possible.

Have fun in Jamaica! smile

Sep 17 12 10:22 am Link

Makeup Artist

Denise

Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada

Get full details and be careful. There are scams out there that purport to be hiring makeup artists for destination weddings.
If it is legitimate you should be charging not only your rates plus travel & accommodation expenses but also your rates for your travel days as that means you are unable to earn income those days.

Sep 17 12 10:55 pm Link

Photographer

Star

Los Angeles, California, US

1. How many days total?

2. you need to charge travel fee plus a per diem per day to cover food etc

3. who is covering lodging?

4. charge your normal wedding rate on the day of

5. in addition to the per diem charge a modified rate for each day you are not able to take other work to travel to and from the wedding (as an example if you day rate for a wedding is $500, you charge $250 for the day before and after + $75 a day for food and drink+ the cost of your ticket and hotel+travel to and from the airport+parking at the airport)

Sep 17 12 11:16 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Deanna Rae Artistry

Chicago, Illinois, US

Thank you  some much. Its all been very helpful!

Sep 18 12 08:26 am Link

Makeup Artist

FacesByNiki

Germantown, Maryland, US

Star wrote:
1. How many days total?

2. you need to charge travel fee plus a per diem per day to cover food etc

3. who is covering lodging?

4. charge your normal wedding rate on the day of

5. in addition to the per diem charge a modified rate for each day you are not able to take other work to travel to and from the wedding (as an example if you day rate for a wedding is $500, you charge $250 for the day before and after + $75 a day for food and drink+ the cost of your ticket and hotel+travel to and from the airport+parking at the airport)

Thank you for this.

I've only done one but I was already going to be at the wedding, her makeup artist backed out last minute, so I just did it and priced her my normal rate.

I've always wondered how to price per day and travel.

Sep 18 12 02:50 pm Link