Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Winner of the annual flake of the year goes to...

Photographer

Eridu

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Order of Operations Re. Flakes

I just had a flake fail to meet the deadline for a confirmation call, I have half a day open, I put up a casting call, I live with it and do the best I can but I DON'T sweat it.

Oct 11 12 07:22 pm Link

Photographer

The Art of Churchwell

QUEENS VILLAGE, New York, US

Autonomy II wrote:
Order of Operations Re. Flakes

I just had a flake fail to meet the deadline for a confirmation call, I have half a day open, I put up a casting call, I live with it and do the best I can but I DON'T sweat it.

Why not start a rant thread with the first 4 words being "GOD FUCKING DAM IT?" SMH

Oct 11 12 07:26 pm Link

Model

Phane

Rockville, Maryland, US

The Art of Churchwell wrote:

Why not start a rant thread with the first 4 words being "GOD FUCKING DAM IT?" SMH

Maybe you should start your own thread about how you cant stand this one.

Just a suggestion

Oct 11 12 08:14 pm Link

Photographer

The Art of Churchwell

Phane wrote:

Maybe you should start your own thread about how you cant stand this one.

Just a suggestion

If I was to say anything about this worn out very old, boring and should be locked thread I would say it on a blog. Not start a thread here. But I am not wasting blog time on some dude who didn't know well enough to check and double check references and call the woman in the morning before he made the long drive to OZ to find Dorothy was already home asleep in Kansas. Stupid is as stupid does.

Oct 11 12 08:26 pm Link

Model

Phane

Rockville, Maryland, US

"But I am not wasting blog time on some dude who didn't know well enough to check and double check references and call the woman in the morning before he made the long drive to OZ to find Dorothy was already home asleep in Kansas. Stupid is as stupid does."

Really it sure seems like you have already. Have to have the last word huh It keeps me entertained

Oct 11 12 08:28 pm Link

Photographer

The Art of Churchwell

Phane wrote:
"But I am not wasting blog time on some dude who didn't know well enough to check and double check references and call the woman in the morning before he made the long drive to OZ to find Dorothy was already home asleep in Kansas. Stupid is as stupid does."

Really it sure seems like you have already. Have to have the last word huh It keeps me entertained

This isn't a blog

Oct 12 12 02:25 am Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

To all...

I admit that I don't respond well to sarcasm.  In my opinion...

...  Sarcasm obscures the point,
...  Sarcasm is disrespectful & mean,
...  Sarcasm is not funny, and
...  Sarcasm is not constructive.

Further...

...  Poor listening is not helpful.
...  Logical fallacies are just that, fallacies that have no contribution to make in
     the argument.

For these reasons, at the insistence of the OP, this thread has gone on far too long.  Some here may believe the OP; some may not.  It doesn't matter.  This thread, when it was created, served no purpose other than the OP's "need" to vent (at our expense).

Oct 12 12 08:07 am Link

Model

Phane

Rockville, Maryland, US

See this  is where  I have a hard time understanding what your trying to say. And thats because am quoting myself..... oops

Oct 12 12 09:56 am Link

Model

Phane

Rockville, Maryland, US

Looknsee Photography wrote:
To all...

I admit that I don't respond well to sarcasm.  In my opinion...

...  Sarcasm obscures the point,
...  Sarcasm is disrespectful & mean,
...  Sarcasm is not funny, and
...  Sarcasm is not constructive.

Further...

...  Poor listening is not helpful.
...  Logical fallacies are just that, fallacies that have no contribution to make in
     the argument.

For these reasons, at the insistence of the OP, this thread has gone on far too long.  Some here may believe the OP; some may not.  It doesn't matter.  This thread, when it was created, served no purpose other than the OP's "need" to vent (at our expense).

good point.

Oct 12 12 09:57 am Link

Photographer

GeorgeMann

Orange, California, US

Eros Fine Art Photo wrote:
GOD FUCKING DAMN IT!!!  I seriously despise people like this.  (And before I start, let me say I know rants about flakes are pointless; but who cares?.. I need to vent.)

So after putting up a casting and exchanging almost 20 emails going over details...

And after me agreeing I'll drive down to Mission Viejo from Torrance (about 55 miles)...

And being willing to shoot TF with someone who has a weak portfolio to begin with...

Guess who's NOT at home (if the address she gave even was the right one), not answering texts, not answering phone calls, and not opening PM's here?  That's right, Super Flake.

WTF over?  Why do some of these "models" go to such lengths to disappoint?  Fucking pathetic. 

Will this rant stop it?  No, not at all.

Does bitching about it make me feel better?  No, I'm just releasing tension so I don't do something rash to the next person who cuts me off on the freeway or in line at the supermarket.  lol

Okay, I feel better.  Please chime in and make me laugh.  Makes letting it roll off your back that much easier.

Seriously, I have read this whole thread and it is obvious by the first and last sentence in the OP's original post that he meant it merely for discussion with possibly a little humor involved.
To me he thoroughly explained the thread intent in the beginning, yet it has gone on to be a name calling "Rant" by responders, not the OP.
It has been stated  "I do not respond well to sarcasm", but every time a little bit of sarcasm was thrown in there was an instant lengthy response.
I enjoyed reading the thread if for no other reason than reading the responses he would get to the often discussed "Flakes" so common here on MM, by both photographers and models.
The OPs portfolio shows quality and obviously very few flakes, so it appears that whatever he is doing, he is doing it right most of the time.

Oct 12 12 11:01 am Link

Model

Phane

Rockville, Maryland, US

GeorgeMann wrote:

Seriously, I have read this whole thread and it is obvious by the first and last sentence in the OP's original post that he meant it merely for discussion with possibly a little humor involved.
To me he thoroughly explained the thread intent in the beginning, yet it has gone on to be a name calling "Rant" by responders, not the OP.
It has been stated  "I do not respond well to sarcasm", but every time a little bit of sarcasm was thrown in there was an instant lengthy response.
I enjoyed reading the thread if for no other reason than reading the responses he would get to the often discussed "Flakes" so common here on MM, by both photographers and models.
The OPs portfolio shows quality and obviously very few flakes, so it appears that whatever he is doing, he is doing it right most of the time.

What gets me. Are the ones who took what he said so personaly.

Oct 12 12 11:42 am Link

Model

Phane

Rockville, Maryland, US

This isn't a blog

No crap my point exactly.

Oct 12 12 11:45 am Link

Model

IDiivil

Los Angeles, California, US

Maybe I read this thread differently since I know who he is and how he talks in real life, but yeah, this was just a light "Damnit!" thread to me placed in an appropriate category.

Oct 12 12 12:31 pm Link

Photographer

R Michael Walker

Costa Mesa, California, US

Eros Fine Art Photo wrote:
GOD FUCKING DAMN IT!!!  I seriously despise people like this.  (And before I start, let me say I know rants about flakes are pointless; but who cares?.. I need to vent.)

So after putting up a casting and exchanging almost 20 emails going over details...

And after me agreeing I'll drive down to Mission Viejo from Torrance (about 55 miles)...

And being willing to shoot TF with someone who has a weak portfolio to begin with...

Guess who's NOT at home (if the address she gave even was the right one), not answering texts, not answering phone calls, and not opening PM's here?  That's right, Super Flake.

WTF over?  Why do some of these "models" go to such lengths to disappoint?  Fucking pathetic. 

Will this rant stop it?  No, not at all.

Does bitching about it make me feel better?  No, I'm just releasing tension so I don't do something rash to the next person who cuts me off on the freeway or in line at the supermarket.  lol

Okay, I feel better.  Please chime in and make me laugh.  Makes letting it roll off your back that much easier.

You could have dropped by and seen me while you were down here. Sort of a boobieless prize if you will. LOL!

Oct 12 12 12:36 pm Link

Model

Phane

Rockville, Maryland, US

IDiivil wrote:
Maybe I read this thread differently since I know who he is and how he talks in real life, but yeah, this was just a light "Damnit!" thread to me placed in an appropriate category.

Thats how I saw it as well. but it was sure entertaining to see the replies from those few who decided to make it something else

Oct 12 12 12:42 pm Link

Photographer

The Art of Churchwell

Phane wrote:

Thats how I saw it as well. but it was sure entertaining to see the replies from those few who decided to make it something else

yes it was

Oct 12 12 01:00 pm Link

Model

SweetGirlyGirl2

Aiken, South Carolina, US

Atleast it was only 55 miles.
I drove about 1.5hr for a supposedly paid shoot and the photographer did the same thing to me. Luckily, it was only 1.5 but still!
So we know how you feel
:-/
Sorry that had to happen to you.

Oct 12 12 03:39 pm Link