Dannielle Levan

New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada

/wave
Hello fellow Vancouverite!

Oct 11 12 02:21 pm Link

Photographer

Photographic Memory

Kalamazoo, Michigan, US

Funny video, but in fairness the players didn't cause this OR the last one (it's a lockout, not a strike, which means it's the Owners who are fucking things up.) The owners got everything they wanted to last time around. The NHL was more profitable than ever, but they wanted to make the players union look back, so they demanded the players take a pay cut (not to reduce ticket prices, not to pay all the hockey peons more, but for their own already multi-billion dollar bank accounts.) The hockey players are millionaires, but I find the whole thing funny. It wouldn't matter if the players made minimum wage, the billionaire owners would still be able to convince everyone that the "real" greed is coming from the players (a tactic used against other workers and unions, teachers most notably), and that their desire for fair compensation is the root of the problem (when it's anything but.)

Oct 11 12 02:56 pm Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

I can honestly say I don't really hate anyone, except one man.

I hate Gary Buttman to the core of his being. Asswipe....

That is all. wink

Oct 11 12 06:12 pm Link

Photographer

Gallery 59 Photography

Los Angeles, California, US

Gotta love those French Canadians!

Both sides in this issue are being idiots, led by the two douche's, Bettman and Fehr. Screw them both.

Side note: ESPN2 here in the states is showing games from the KHL. Check your listings. At least it's something...

Oct 12 12 09:45 am Link

Photographer

Photographic Memory

Kalamazoo, Michigan, US

Gallery 59 Photography wrote:
Gotta love those French Canadians!

Both sides in this issue are being idiots, led by the two douche's, Bettman and Fehr. Screw them both.

Side note: ESPN2 here in the states is showing games from the KHL. Check your listings. At least it's something...

No, only the owners are being douches. It was their idea to kill the hockey season again (as it was the last time), hence it being a lock out. It's just more anti-union bullshit. The players were willing to keep playing without a contract while negotiations continued. If the NHL is more profitable than ever (which it was), it makes no sense for the players to take a pay cut (money that would go to the owners, not reducing such things as ticket prices.) The player's salaries aren't an issue with the system as is, and wasn't before. The real money isn't going to them, it's going to the owners who make more by a factor of a thousand. Owners who got everything they wantedast time around. Financially, there were NO issues at all, and any complaints from fans regarding prices aren't something you'll ever be likely to see the owners give a damn about. No financial issue started this, and only the NHL owners wanted the lockout. It's pure bullshittery that's been witnessed from other leagues too, and it's always been greedy owners trying to screw both players and fans.

Oct 12 12 10:28 am Link

Model

Jordan Bunniie

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

Cherrystone wrote:
I can honestly say I don't really hate anyone, except one man.

I hate Gary Buttman to the core of his being. Asswipe....

That is all. wink

^^^^^^^

Oct 12 12 10:31 am Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

Jordan Bunniie wrote:

^^^^^^^

On just the basis of that, if we ever met I think we'd get along. wink

Oct 12 12 11:24 am Link