Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > What's your favorite makeup step/process?

Makeup Artist

Angie L MUA

Los Angeles, California, US

I..love...contouring.

Shaping brows is up on the list too, but contouring is the peak of my "gets-me-so-excited  to do this type of sh*t for work" kind of a feeling.

Oct 16 12 09:16 pm Link

Makeup Artist

ThirdEyeMakeup

Brows and blush! Mostly i get excited over a specific color.

What i don't like so much? Mascara and lips (unless it's a bold lip that needs precision).

Oct 17 12 10:39 am Link

Makeup Artist

Simire MUA

London, England, United Kingdom

Matching and applying foundation.....I enjoy it so much and i tend to constantly obsess and return to it. Usually end up with very little time to do the rest of the face!

Oct 17 12 02:11 pm Link

Makeup Artist

User Name Unavailable

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm always super stoked when a shot calls for precisely perfect lashes:
Curling them jussssst so, and then applying mascara, and lashes as needed!!

I also really enjoy the perfectly shaped, perfectly filled in, yet still perfectly natural brow!

Also: the perfect cheek highlight....ahhh the placement, the shine vs sheen vs shimmer, then the color choice....ahhh!

Oct 18 12 09:21 am Link

Makeup Artist

Ms BSK

Brooklyn, New York, US

Cheek highlights for me along with base eyeshadow. That first color that gets you excited especially on a deep set eye. I love when I pick the perfect color on the first go. Swoon!

Oct 18 12 05:25 pm Link

Model

Angela___

SHERMAN OAKS, California, US

Oct 18 12 05:53 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Angie L MUA

Ms BSK wrote:
Cheek highlights for me along with base eyeshadow. That first color that gets you excited especially on a deep set eye. I love when I pick the perfect color on the first go. Swoon!

I LOVE deep set eyes, OHHHH, every makeup artist's fantasy.

Oct 18 12 05:54 pm Link

Makeup Artist

JaclynGravesMakeup

Clifton, New Jersey, US

I have to go with Contouring!!

at first learning with cream colors to contour at MUD, i thought it was so silly and didnt get the fact that it looks like sideburns at first (even my friend said that when i was using her as a llama for a job interview! she just doesnt think sometimes.. uggghh)

but in the end if you do it perfectly it makes you so proud.. smile i still feel that i have more to learn about it though!

Oct 18 12 06:30 pm Link

Hair Stylist

Angel Graves

Fort Collins, Colorado, US

Lips is my possibly fave part of MUA work!  Prepping a chapped and unloved set of kissers to liner to color and getting them just right...  Makes me feel as tho I've accomplished so much!

Right behind that is straightening out an over plucked eyebrow and making it natural wink

Half the reason I became an MUA was to do just this and I'm sad when I have little to do to correct one or the other... Then I'm just thankful of crazy damaged hair so I can at least raise my wand to some issue and feel I contributed a valuable skill to the shot wink

Oct 19 12 01:01 pm Link

Makeup Artist

muasunny

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

conceal, foundation and shaping

Oct 19 12 06:37 pm Link

Makeup Artist

AKmakeupartistry

Knoxville, Tennessee, US

I love a bright blush!

And the finishing touch of a dark eyeshadow in the crease...

Oct 22 12 07:04 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MakeUp By CC

Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden

Foundation....esp when the skin is less than perfect... getting it to look even and almost flawless, those are moments I love smile

Oct 22 12 07:21 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Angie L MUA

MakeUp By CC wrote:
Foundation....esp when the skin is less than perfect... getting it to look even and almost flawless, those are moments I love smile

Speaking of foundation, your avatar is insanely gorgeous.

Oct 23 12 09:03 am Link

Makeup Artist

Makeup by Marisa Ross

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Faves: Foundation and highlight/contour! I love the before and after.

Fails: Lashes and mascara. I've never felt 100% comfortable with either.

Oct 23 12 03:34 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MakeUp By CC

Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden

Angie L MUA wrote:
Speaking of foundation, your avatar is insanely gorgeous.

Aww thank you big_smile

Oct 23 12 10:03 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Meganomics101

I'm with all of the highlight contour people!!! I love to sculpt with clay. I love being able to create heights and dimension.

Oct 24 12 05:01 pm Link

Makeup Artist

LC Makeup and Styling

Perth, Western Australia, Australia

I LOVE every step! Starting with a blank canvas then to see each element come together is exciting. We are so blessed to have this as a job!! :-)

Oct 25 12 08:38 pm Link

Photographer

This User Is Not Here

Durango, Colorado, US

I know this is for MUAs, but I usually end up just doing the model's makeup myself.

I love doing foundation, and especially lips. Doing precise lined and lovely colored lips just feels like icing on the cake; That final touch to make everything come together.

smile

Oct 26 12 01:18 am Link