Forums > Model Colloquy > Best Runway Tips

Model

Kaley King

Jefferson City, Missouri, US

I am heading to the city in a few weeks to audition for fashion week.  I was wondering what everyone's best tips are for the catwalk...models...togs...designers...

Everyone's input is welcome smile

Oct 20 12 08:28 am Link

Model

Laura Fillisch-Wilson

Hobart, Tasmania, Australia

Set up a full length mirror at the end of a hallway, hop onto youtube, watch, strut and learn. Ask friends/family members how they feel you are doing - is your face too strained? Do you keep looking at the floor? Are your feet too far apart? (If it's bridal, go slow and graceful!) That would be the free way to do it - you could hire a professional to teach you if you think it will be worth it.

(I see you are my height - I don't often have luck securing professional runway work because of it, but local designers and stores will still let me walk for them! Maybe you will have more luck on that front.)

Oct 20 12 09:25 am Link

Model

Kaley King

Laura Fillisch wrote:
Set up a full length mirror at the end of a hallway, hop onto youtube, watch, strut and learn. Ask friends/family members how they feel you are doing - is your face too strained? Do you keep looking at the floor? Are your feet too far apart? (If it's bridal, go slow and graceful!) That would be the free way to do it - you could hire a professional to teach you if you think it will be worth it.

I had runway teaching from a professional, but soooo long ago. 

If you get in the show they give you a free class...just wanna make sure I do well enough to get hired.

Oct 20 12 09:27 am Link

Model

Kaley King

Laura Fillisch wrote:

I had runway teaching from a professional, but soooo long ago. 

If you get in the show they give you a free class...just wanna make sure I do well enough to get hired.

Oct 20 12 09:27 am Link

Photographer

Fleming Design

East Hartford, Connecticut, US

OP, What city are you referring to?

Oct 20 12 09:42 am Link

Model

Kaley King

Fleming Design wrote:
OP, What city are you referring to?

Kansas City, Mo