Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Vegetarianism is a DIEASE!

Photographer

Schlake

Socorro, New Mexico, US

Nov 10 12 01:21 pm Link

Photographer

Schlake

Socorro, New Mexico, US

I spelled disease wrong!

Nov 10 12 01:21 pm Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

Los Angeles, California, US

Schlake wrote:
I spelled disease wrong!

I like it, though.

Nov 10 12 01:23 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

The ticks are clearly sent by PETA.

Nov 10 12 01:23 pm Link

Model

umami___

Tacoma, Washington, US

Orca Bay Images wrote:

I actually wouldn't be the least bit surprised lol

Nov 10 12 01:29 pm Link

Model

Solacium

Charleston, South Carolina, US

Despite being a vegetarian I was nice enough to share this with my meat loving boyfriend lol

Looks like I soon might have some more (unwilling) vegetarian company in the country though!

Nov 10 12 01:31 pm Link

Body Painter

Monad Studios

Santa Rosa, California, US

Schlake wrote:
I spelled disease wrong!

I thought it said "Vegetarianism is a Diocese"

Nov 10 12 01:31 pm Link

Model

Russian Katarina II

London, England, United Kingdom

Orca Bay Images wrote:

Either that or it's one of mother earths' many ways of saying "No" to us humans once again.

Nov 10 12 01:33 pm Link

Body Painter

Monad Studios

Santa Rosa, California, US

Solacium wrote:
Looks like I soon might have some more (unwilling) vegetarian company in the country though!

I picture die-hard meat-eaters with a fork full of rare steak in one hand and an epi-pen in the other.

Nov 10 12 01:33 pm Link

Model

Affinity Finch

Torpoint, England, United Kingdom

When I was a Veggners 15 year old brother taped a pack of bacon to a hockey stick and hit me with it until i promised to stop hmm

Nov 10 12 01:34 pm Link

Model

Solacium

Charleston, South Carolina, US

Monad Studios wrote:

I picture die-hard meat-eaters with a fork full of rare steak in one hand and an epi-pen in the other.

*dies laughing*

Nov 10 12 01:48 pm Link

Artist/Painter

JJMiller

Buffalo, New York, US

Yeah yeah yeah, enjoy your e-coli spinach and man-boobs wink

Nov 10 12 03:46 pm Link

Photographer

Naughty Ties

Riverview, Florida, US

Monad Studios wrote:

And we wouldn't have it any other way!   wink

Nov 10 12 04:41 pm Link

Photographer

rmcapturing

San Francisco, California, US

Jade Honey wrote:
When I was a Veggners 15 year old brother taped a pack of bacon to a hockey stick and hit me with it until i promised to stop hmm

I don't think it's good that you were beat, but it's hard to disagree with anything done in the name of bacon.

Nov 10 12 04:55 pm Link

Model

Julia Steel

Sylvania, Ohio, US

Orca Bay Images wrote:

HA!!

Nov 10 12 04:56 pm Link

Photographer

Connor Photography

Newark, Delaware, US

Vegetarians diet is just stupid.  I eat everything in moderation.

Nov 10 12 05:01 pm Link

Photographer

Naughty Ties

Riverview, Florida, US

Connor Photography wrote:
Vegetarians diet is just stupid.  I eat everything in moderation.

I'll tell you what, I tend to agree as much from a business standpoint as a personal one and I never felt the need to ask if a model was vegan or not until it started ruining my shoots. Zero stamina from vegan models and then they feel the need to "educate" me when I snack on a steak sandwich between sets.

Naw....gimme a meating eating model anyday!

Nov 10 12 05:23 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Naughty Ties wrote:

I'll tell you what, I tend to agree as much from a business standpoint as a personal one and I never felt the need to ask if a model was vegan or not until it started ruining my shoots. Zero stamina from vegan models and then they feel the need to "educate" me when I snack on a steak sandwich between sets.

Naw....gimme a meating eating model anyday!

I am a vegan. I can squat twice my bodyweight in the gym, also have a bad-ass deadlift, train 6 days per week, and own a physique that even many conventionally "fit" women find admirable.

I don't have any idea how veggie people got a reputation for being wimpy, but it's just bullshit. A lot of people eat crappy and suffer for it, regardless of whether or not they eat animal-derived foods.

Nov 11 12 09:33 am Link

Model

Ronin_LLC

Louisville, Kentucky, US

ShivaKitty wrote:
I am a vegan. I can squat twice my bodyweight in the gym, also have a bad-ass deadlift, train 6 days per week, and own a physique that even many conventionally "fit" women find admirable.

I don't have any idea how veggie people got a reputation for being wimpy, but it's just bullshit. A lot of people eat crappy and suffer for it, regardless of whether or not they eat animal-derived foods.

Its because Soy and other veggie proteins lack complete methionine, a important  amino acid which is key in building strong muscle.

I eat meats and as a result am a lot stronger than a person my build should be. My Leg press exceeds 550lbs. Nearly 4 times what I weigh, and my Toe Press is even higher.

Nov 11 12 09:59 am Link

Photographer

Skydancer Photos

Santa Cruz, California, US

ShivaKitty wrote:

Ronin_LLC wrote:
Its because Soy and other veggie proteins lack complete methionine, a important  amino acid which is key in building strong muscle. I eat meats and as a result am a lot stronger than a person my build should be. My Leg press exceeds 550lbs. Nearly 4 times what I weigh, and my Toe Press is even higher.

It's good that you exercise, watch your diet, and make healthy choices.
It's good that ShivaKitty exercises, watches her diet, and makes healthy choices.

smile

Nov 11 12 10:04 am Link

Model

Kitty LaRose

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Skydancer Photos wrote:
It's good that ShivaKitty exercises, watches her diet, and makes healthy choices.

smile

This.

Nov 11 12 10:10 am Link

Model

Ronin_LLC

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Skydancer Photos wrote:

smile

That is the key, its not WHAT you eat is HOW you balance it with exercise and healthy habits.

A lot of people are lazy and don't want to do the exercise. And so the large reason why "vegetarianism" is getting such praise right now is that lazy people have figured out that healthy eating habits is a quick way to drop a few pounds, and think its cause of WHAT they eat instead of HOW they do it. Of course you are going to lose weight and feel better when you switch from eating nothing but massive amounts twinkies and ding dong, to smaller portions anything that is not junk food.

You can eat pretty much whatever you want as long as you moderate it and exercise.

Nov 11 12 10:34 am Link

Model

Koryn

Ronin_LLC wrote:

Its because Soy and other veggie proteins lack complete methionine, a important  amino acid which is key in building strong muscle.

I eat meats and as a result am a lot stronger than a person my build should be. My Leg press exceeds 550lbs. Nearly 4 times what I weigh, and my Toe Press is even higher.

You are also male. I am a five foot tall female, with a relatively petite bone structure.
There is methionine in soy foods and plant proteins can easily be combined to create "complete" protein sources. For example, a combination of pea and rice protein isolates make a complete amino acid profile. I have a list of complete plant proteins at home, including some sources that do not need to be combined to be complete. Hemp seeds alone contain nine amino acids so it's very easy to use hemp as part of a complete veg protein mix, suitable for weight training and muscle building. I don't have the list with me right now but I will edit this post later with some additional examples of plAnt foods representing complete amino acid profiles.

Nov 11 12 12:32 pm Link

Model

Paige Morgan

New York, New York, US

Monad Studios wrote:

I thought it said "Vegetarianism is a Diocese"

That's the way I read it as well. The ex Catholic in me is showing.

Nov 11 12 01:30 pm Link

Photographer

Vector 38

Austin, Texas, US

Schlake wrote:
Vegetarianism is a DIEASE!

... and so veganism must be the absolute plague?

ShivaKitty wrote:
I am a vegan (...) don't have any idea how veggie people got a reputation for being wimpy ..:

+1

any diminution in my physical abilities has largely been age-related; all the while recognizing everyone's metabolism & body makeup as different, personally have not thus far suffered any dietary troubles.

Nov 11 12 02:07 pm Link

Model

Ronin_LLC

Louisville, Kentucky, US

ShivaKitty wrote:
You are also male. I am a five foot tall female, with a relatively petite bone structure.

True the male and female muscle foundations are different, but also keep in mind that I only out way you by about 20lbs.

ShivaKitty wrote:
There is methionine in soy foods and plant proteins can easily be combined to create "complete" protein sources. For example, a combination of pea and rice protein isolates make a complete amino acid profile. I have a list of complete plant proteins at home, including some sources that do not need to be combined to be complete. Hemp seeds alone contain nine amino acids so it's very easy to use hemp as part of a complete veg protein mix, suitable for weight training and muscle building. I don't have the list with me right now but I will edit this post later with some additional examples of plAnt foods representing complete amino acid profiles.

You can combine multiple plants to complete your proteins, but with meat you don't have to do that.

And biggest down side is that you have to eat more plants to equal the same amount of proteins from meats. Which is why herbivores spend so most of their time eating to maintain their bulk.

So instead of eating several different veggies, I can just eat one can of tuna.

Plus as predators our bodies are designed to get more energy from meat. Not really that necessary in humans anymore since unlike other predators we don't spend most of our time hunting prey.(unless you are a serial killer)

Nov 11 12 03:43 pm Link

Model

TinRoses

Logansport, Indiana, US

Soy is actually one of the worst things you can put in your body. The phytoestrogen content in them is like consuming straight up BC pills day in and day out. My mother was a vegan and soy junkie until she suffered estrogen related breast cancer and was schooled pretty heavily by her oncologist about her veganism and soy eating. I won't touch the crap and sadly it's in everything. Scientists declared it a miracle plant because of the protein content and the way it as readily available and easy to grow... Since more research has been done the American Heart Association has been one of MANY organizations that have stopped backing soy products. And don't you dare feed soy based formula to your babies.

Nov 11 12 03:48 pm Link

Photographer

netmodel

Austin, Texas, US

You actually don't need to combine all amino acids at once as it turns out that your body is ok with incomplete protein as long as you eat two sets of complementary incomplete proteins within 12 hours.

Nov 11 12 04:13 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Katarina N. wrote:

Either that or it's one of mother earths' many ways of saying "No" to us humans once again.

Interesting thought!

Nov 11 12 04:34 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

TinRoses wrote:
Soy is actually one of the worst things you can put in your body. The phytoestrogen content in them is like consuming straight up BC pills day in and day out.

Sorry... this has been already debunked by a study of studies.

I think 10+ studies were done independently, only one gave that result...

So, the study of studies looked at the methodology of each study and found that the one with the phytoestrogen result was flawed in many ways.

Soy is one of the best protein sources that plants providing us!

Nov 11 12 04:37 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Ronin_LLC wrote:
You can combine multiple plants to complete your proteins, but with meat you don't have to do that.

And biggest down side is that you have to eat more plants to equal the same amount of proteins from meats.

No no no... not true!

Damn... I have to find it... but there is a new method that measures the absorption of proteins by humans from different food sources... and lo and behold... the protein absorption of a steak for example... is not that great as it was taught us in school!

Disclaimer: I am eating meat the past few years... but i have been a strict ovo-lacto vegetarian (not vegan) for nearly 30 years and have been studying health questions on my own in that regards for the same time.

I was also a competitive athlete (full contact martial arts) since childhood for 20 years, hiker and mountain climber, tennis player, technical scuba diver, bodybuilder, etc.  all on a vegetarian diet.

I also used to have a MySpace group about vegetarian/vegan lifestyles where I had a huge collection of scientific research for anybody to verify data.

Plus... the animal protein breaks down in sulphuric acid and is linked to osteoporosis.

That's why, when you are being diagnosed with that disease, the recommendation is to stay as much away from meat and dairy...

Read also this article by the USDA Agricultural Research Service:

Boning Up on Osteoporosis

Considering that this is a slap in the face of the meat and diary industry... i am surprised that this was published at all!

Nov 11 12 04:49 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Ronin_LLC wrote:
.(unless you are a serial killer)

You know if, for ONCE, maybe you would stop talking about murdering people, shooting people in the face, or general violence toward other human beings, I would feel like I could work on starting to respect you as a forum contributor. We would still be two people with very different worldviews, but I could work on respecting what you have to say.

...But then, you never miss a chance to talk about killing people, and I'm right back to not being able to give two cents' worth of cares for carrying on an actual discussion with you.

Aside: That's probably the most brutal thing I've ever said to anyone on MM, in the whole five and a half years I've been active on here, but you know, it's just something to consider, Ronin.

Nov 11 12 04:58 pm Link

Model

Koryn

TinRoses wrote:
Soy is actually one of the worst things you can put in your body. The phytoestrogen content in them is like consuming straight up BC pills day in and day out. My mother was a vegan and soy junkie until she suffered estrogen related breast cancer and was schooled pretty heavily by her oncologist about her veganism and soy eating. I won't touch the crap and sadly it's in everything. Scientists declared it a miracle plant because of the protein content and the way it as readily available and easy to grow... Since more research has been done the American Heart Association has been one of MANY organizations that have stopped backing soy products. And don't you dare feed soy based formula to your babies.

Vegans do NOT need to eat soy, if they choose not to. There are many other plant-based sources amino acids available to people.

Nov 11 12 05:02 pm Link

Photographer

R A V E N D R I V E

New York, New York, US

hope they find a cure

I dont want to get hauled off to a vegetarian commune

Nov 11 12 05:04 pm Link

Photographer

scrymettet

Quebec, Quebec, Canada

R A V E N D R I V E wrote:
hope they find a cure

I dont want to get hauled off to a vegetarian commune

meat, you are safe

Nov 11 12 05:13 pm Link

Model

P I X I E

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

roll

Nov 11 12 05:22 pm Link

Model

J Jessica

Coconut Creek, Florida, US

Animals are too precious and cute to be eaten by mean ol' humans like us.
smile
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7236/7176342667_f80388cd1a_z.jpg
Just look at that sweet face that says "I love you!".
^_^

Nov 11 12 05:47 pm Link

Model

Ronin_LLC

Louisville, Kentucky, US

J Jessica  wrote:
Animals are too precious and cute to be eaten by mean ol' humans like us.
smile
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7236/7176342667_f80388cd1a_z.jpg
Just look at that sweet face that says "I love you!".
^_^

Like with beautiful women I was distracted by its huge breasts. Mmmm turkey breast sandwiches.

Nov 11 12 06:54 pm Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

Solacium wrote:

Monad Studios wrote:

*dies laughing*

If your steak sounds like this it is time to reconsider

L I N K

Studio36

Nov 11 12 07:21 pm Link

Model

J Jessica

Coconut Creek, Florida, US

Ronin_LLC wrote:

Like with beautiful women I was distracted by its huge breasts. Mmmm turkey breast sandwiches.

Turkeys should be appreciated for their intelligence, vibrant personalities...
... Not for their assets.
yikes

Nov 11 12 09:35 pm Link