Forums > Newbie Forum > New Model with a Question..

Model

Chanel_Allen

San Francisco, California, US

Hello, I was recently contacted by Official Glam Girls. I submitted my profile to them and they contacted my back for a skype interview. My interview was with Mike Styles and he was real thorough, it was over an hour long and overall it was a good interview.

At the end of the interview I was accepted into Glam Girls with the exception that I need to pay 1,500 for my marketing package.

Has anyone ever dealt with Official Glam Girls? I want to be careful as I DO NOT have 1,500 dollars to waste.

Nov 11 12 09:35 am Link

Photographer

Barry Druxman

Los Angeles, California, US

Sounds like a great deal...................................For THEM

Nov 11 12 09:44 am Link

Photographer

Kev Lawson

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Chanel_Allen wrote:
Hello, I was recently contacted by Official Glam Girls. I submitted my profile to them and they contacted my back for a skype interview. My interview was with Mike Styles and he was real thorough, it was over an hour long and overall it was a good interview.

At the end of the interview I was accepted into Glam Girls with the exception that I need to pay 1,500 for my marketing package.

Has anyone ever dealt with Official Glam Girls? I want to be careful as I DO NOT have 1,500 dollars to waste.

One of the scams going around now. Please click "my stuff" then click https://mms.ibsrv.net/images/info/scambutton_brown.gif?2012052503 this button on the my stuff page.

Nov 11 12 09:53 am Link

Photographer

G D Peters Photography

North Platte, Nebraska, US

It is a scam.  Someone legitimate would NEVER ask for money.  smile

Nov 11 12 10:16 am Link

Photographer

Light and Lens Studio

Sisters, Oregon, US

Some cons are pretty slick, and often well rehearsed. 

But, Scams/Cons are like fish; the longer they stay around the more they start to smell.

Nov 11 12 10:25 am Link

Photographer

The Workshop Studio

Kettering, England, United Kingdom

Don't get involved, it's a con.

Nov 11 12 10:25 am Link

Photographer

Albertex Photography

Mansfield, Texas, US

Sounds too good to be true...

Nov 11 12 02:13 pm Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

Tell them to pound sand! Spend your money on a real good photographer.

Nov 11 12 02:16 pm Link

Photographer

Good Egg Productions

Orlando, Florida, US

Ill make you a better offer. Give me only $500, and I'll put you on my glam squad.

Nov 11 12 02:24 pm Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

your $1500 would be better spent elsewhere.

Nov 11 12 04:18 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Ask if they would kindly provide a list of the models who weren't accepted. I'm going to take a shot in the dark here and guess that number would be zero.

Nov 11 12 04:24 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Chanel_Allen wrote:

$1 is a waste if you're not getting $1 worth of services in return.

It scares me that you say you don't have $1500 "to waste" as if you'd actually consider it if people had nice things to say about them or told you that they were a legit company. It shouldn't matter if anyone has heard of them. The "deal" they're offering you is ludicrous.

This has nothing to do with modeling and everything to do with life common sense. If some guy on the street gave you a business card and said "give me $1500 and I'll post your pictures on my website and you'll become a star..." would you even consider it?

Nov 11 12 04:38 pm Link

Model

Chanel_Allen

Thanks everyone who actually had helpful advice.

smile

Chanel

Nov 11 12 07:23 pm Link