Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Words for Teens

Photographer

Pfrangle Images

Worland, Wyoming, US

I found this on a website and thought wonderful words of wisdom.

Not all young people will need this but we all know somebody that this might help.

WORDS FOR TEENS....

Northland College principal John Tapene has offered the following words from a judge who regularly deals with youth. "Always we hear the cry from teenagers "What can we do, where can we go?"

My answer is this: Go home, mow the lawn, wash the windows, learn to cook, build a raft, get a job, visit the sick, study your lessons, and after your've finished, read a book.  Your town does not owe you recreational facilties and your parents do not owe you fun.

"The world does not owe you a living, you owe the world something.  You owe it your time, energy and talent so that no one will  be at war, in sickness, and lonely again.  In other words grow up, stop being a cry baby, get out of your dream world and develop a backbone not a wishbone.  Start behaving like a responsible person.  You are important and you are needed.  It to late to sit around and wait for somebody to do something someday.  Someday is now and that somebody is you."

Nov 14 12 09:37 am Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

ok....and this relates to photography, how?

Nov 14 12 10:24 am Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

I'm sure this would be considered General Industry if this was a Parent/Teen Counseling site.

But considering MM is for the modeling industry and perhaps 1% of the membership is under 18, I'm not sure who you think your audience is.

Edit: I did learn something though. I never knew colleges had Principals. "Northland College Principal..."?

Nov 14 12 10:29 am Link

Photographer

ArteVirtualis

Longueuil, Quebec, Canada

Pfrangle Images wrote:
I found this on a website and thought wonderful words of wisdom.

Stop beating him. Sharing words of wisdom with fellows is a good thing. I really don't understand why you people told him to shut up.

Nov 14 12 10:33 am Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Martin-Manuel Beaulne wrote:
Stop beating him. Sharing words of wisdom with fellows is a good thing. I really don't understand why you people told him to shut up.

I've yet to see a comment telling the OP to "shut up." I did see a couple posts questioning the relevance on a photography site targeted to adult industry professionals.

My mechanic has words of wisdom on the care of my vehicle. Should I post those in the Industry forum too? Or would Off-Topic perhaps be a better place if I want to indulge myself?

Nov 14 12 10:36 am Link

Model

Maria J

San Francisco, California, US

The first sign of aging is not wrinkles or grey hair.

It's the first time you find yourself saying with disdain "damn kids these days..."

That's when you know your mind has aged.

Aging and maturing are two different things. Aging excludes, maturing embraces.

Nov 14 12 10:37 am Link

Photographer

Blue Cube Imaging

Ashland, Oregon, US

Patchouli Nyx wrote:

Easy fix... Use CAM and ask for it to be moved to off topic.

http://www.ripoffreport.com

Nov 14 12 10:54 am Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Maria J wrote:

It's the first time you find yourself saying with disdain "damn kids these days..."

But what if I embrace my disdain for those damn kids? smile

Nov 14 12 11:02 am Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Maria J wrote:

NICE!!!!!

Nov 14 12 11:20 am Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Patchouli Nyx wrote:

Blue Cube Imaging wrote:
Easy fix... Use CAM and ask for it to be moved to off topic.

http://www.ripoffreport.com

it's an easy fix if the Mods answer my CAMs.

Most cases it takes over a week IF they answer.

sorry but I've learned you modelmayhem.com mods are way to busy dealing with spammers and https://assets.modelmayhem.com/images/smilies/scary.pngpervs than to deal with minor forum issues.

but thanks for the thought!
smile

Nov 15 12 10:04 am Link