Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > Comments, Feedback & Opinions Wanted

Photographer

Jack Saul Photography

London, England, United Kingdom

Hi,

I'm a young (wannabe) photographer from the UK looking to grow and expand as a photographer. All the work I've posted here so far was taken on 35mm and I'm now thinking of making the leap to digital.

Any comments, constructive criticism, etc would be much appreciated and also anyone who thinks we may be able to work together please do get in touch.

All the best!

Nick.

Dec 31 12 10:38 am Link

Photographer

Jack Saul Photography

I've just updated my portfolio, as before any comments, feedback or constructive criticism is more than welcome!

Thank you!

Jan 04 13 04:16 pm Link

Photographer

Veit Photo

Film has a unique look and feel but digital is a much friendlier learning tool. Some might say that adding the technical complexity of working a manual film camera to the job of learning composition and expressive photography is counter-productive.
Then again I learned on digital and have several film cameras and lots of film sitting around and you couldn't persuade me to use them!
Not sure where you want to take your craft but there are a few things you should begin to look at to make your portfolio more interesting:
colour management
lighting strategies - you definitely need more variety
staging - finding more diverse places to photograph than white-walled rooms.
models - people who can work the camera

Jan 04 13 05:49 pm Link

Photographer

Jack Saul Photography

Thank you for your comments, I will try my best to take on board everything that you've send.

In regards to the key areas you mention towards the end of your response, can you give me an idea of specific images from my portfolio that they relate to?

Many thanks!

Jan 05 13 01:17 pm Link