Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > RIP: Dear Abby

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Pauline Phillips, the woman known to the world as "Dear Abby," died Wednesday at age 94, a rep for Phillips' daughter Jeanne confirmed to ABC News.
Phillips struggled with Alzheimer's disease for years. By the mid-1990s, she was already co-writing her column with her daughter Jeanne and as the illness progressed, she passed on the torch completely.

"I have lost my mother, my mentor and my best friend. My mother leaves very big high heels to fill with a legacy of compassion, commitment and positive social change. I will honor her memory every day by continuing this legacy." said Jeanne.

Back in the days when I subscribed to the newspaper I found her advice to be well considered. Alzheimer's is an evil disease in that it steals the personality and leaves behind confusion and terror. I hope she is at peace.

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/de … ities.html

Jan 17 13 02:01 pm Link

Photographer

Art of the nude

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

Tim Little Photography wrote:
Pauline Phillips, the woman known to the world as "Dear Abby," died Wednesday at age 94, a rep for Phillips' daughter Jeanne confirmed to ABC News.
Phillips struggled with Alzheimer's disease for years. By the mid-1990s, she was already co-writing her column with her daughter Jeanne and as the illness progressed, she passed on the torch completely.

"I have lost my mother, my mentor and my best friend. My mother leaves very big high heels to fill with a legacy of compassion, commitment and positive social change. I will honor her memory every day by continuing this legacy." said Jeanne.

Back in the days when I subscribed to the newspaper I found her advice to be well considered. Alzheimer's is an evil disease in that it steals the personality and leaves behind confusion and terror. I hope she is at peace.

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/de … ities.html

End of an era.  We STILL call the advice column in the local paper "Ann Landers" and she died ages ago.

Jan 17 13 02:06 pm Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

Los Angeles, California, US

sad

Jan 17 13 02:07 pm Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

Los Angeles, California, US

Art of the nude wrote:
End of an era.  We STILL call the advice column in the local paper "Ann Landers" and she died ages ago.

That was her sister

Jan 17 13 02:07 pm Link

Photographer

Art of the nude

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

Art of the nude wrote:

NothingIsRealButTheGirl wrote:
That was her sister

Yep.  Twin, I believe.  But they'll always be linked.

Jan 17 13 02:09 pm Link

Photographer

Damon Strong

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

As I stated in an earlier thread, Yahoo news made a typo and stated her age as 54 instead of 94.

https://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j445/chrishanson1963/abby_zps7c8b8656.jpg

Jan 17 13 02:34 pm Link

Photographer

Marc Damon

Biloxi, Mississippi, US

Jan 18 13 09:49 am Link

Photographer

MMR Creative Services

Doylestown, Pennsylvania, US

If only she could have been on MM as a MOD. Perhaps God will grant her a new life~~~

Jan 18 13 10:04 am Link

Photographer

KonstantKarma

Campobello, South Carolina, US

Sad, I was a big fan.

Jan 19 13 05:54 am Link