Forums > Critique > Genital Piercings.... Fashion Accessory?

Photographer

B R U N E S C I

Bath, England, United Kingdom

Have at it - let me know what you think  smile

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/31331964 (18+)

Ciao
Stefano

www.stefanobrunesci.com

Jan 17 13 07:37 pm Link

Photographer

The Gross Bite

Lansing, Michigan, US

Using an 'M' image as an avatar... not good. Expect the Cowbell text.

Just my opinion.

Jan 17 13 07:48 pm Link

Photographer

B R U N E S C I

The Effective Image wrote:
Using an 'M' image as an avatar... not good. Expect the Cowbell text.

Just my opinion.

The avatar is censored. If it's safe for Facebook then it's safe for MM.

NEXT!

Ciao
Stefano

www.stefanobrunesci.com

Jan 17 13 07:50 pm Link

Model

E e v a

Nashville, Tennessee, US

It feels a little weird saying this, but my eyes go to the piercings, including that one, but it still doesn't come off as a crotch shot. You did the shot well done and classy, and it is refreshing to see a new twist

Jan 17 13 07:55 pm Link

Photographer

DAN CRUIKSHANK

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

You bet it's a fashion accessory!
I like it. I like the hair and hand covering the face... I'm sure she has a beautiful face, but I like the anonymous pose. It's something different and it's eye catching.

Jan 17 13 07:59 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Genital piercings used to gross me out.   Now they can be used to make a statement.  I don't know if I call them a "fashion accessory" but they can certainly be an element in an image.  Kudos for experimenting.

Jan 17 13 08:02 pm Link

Model

Cole Morrison

Portland, Oregon, US

I just think "hot pic" big_smile
Well done.
I always wanted a christina piercing but its ornamental and I dont shave, so its really pointless sad

Jan 17 13 08:09 pm Link

Model

MelissaAnn

Seattle, Washington, US

The entire area is so much in the shadows, and the light reflecting only on the piercing is distracting to me.  I love the image overall, but think it would be better with the piercing edited out, or more light on the entire area so there's more context.   As is, those little circular reflections immediately draw my attention away from the rest of the image, and the rest of the image is the best part.

Jan 17 13 09:55 pm Link

Photographer

P R E S T O N

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom

The whole studs and piercings thing works well for me - I think it's an all round fab image. Good to see that Nic is still modelling too.

Jan 17 13 11:43 pm Link

Photographer

Jeffrey M Fletcher

Asheville, North Carolina, US

I'm kind of backwoods and old-timey so I don't know about fashion. It's a witty edit to use for the avatar though and an image that's dark and rough but refined and dignified at the same time, my compliments.

Jan 18 13 03:57 am Link

Photographer

Neil Snape

Paris, Île-de-France, France

Not much to say, I like it, not distracted nor attracted to the piercing. The light is perhaps a bit unbalanced so the volume is interrupted by remaining in the "light" on the top part of the images.

Jan 18 13 04:08 am Link

Photographer

RachelReilly

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Since the Lower half is in shadows, my eye does not go straight to the piercing, so the photo doesn't come off as lewd. For this shot Im indifferent about the piercing.

Jan 18 13 05:51 am Link

Photographer

Fashion and Flash

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

Depends on your stylistic preferences...
As for me, number 4 on my list of non-negotiable conditions to work with me...

4. No heavy body modifications. If you can't pass through a metal detector without getting a full body search, I don't think you would work out for me. My goal with my work is to develop highly romanticized images of the most beautiful women (or visually intriguing in other ways) in the world... and in my opinion, that is all about natural beauty.

Jan 18 13 05:54 am Link

Photographer

B R U N E S C I

Neil Snape wrote:
Not much to say, I like it, not distracted nor attracted to the piercing. The light is perhaps a bit unbalanced so the volume is interrupted by remaining in the "light" on the top part of the images.

Thanks smile

Interesting difference in our vewpoints on this. I tend to prefer light to be focused on one area and "balanced" by some darkness and/or negative space in another so it doesn't feel unbalanced to me.

To be honest, the photo was never really about the piercings - I just thought it would make a good thread title big_smile

MelissaAnn  wrote:
The entire area is so much in the shadows, and the light reflecting only on the piercing is distracting to me.  I love the image overall, but think it would be better with the piercing edited out, or more light on the entire area so there's more context.   As is, those little circular reflections immediately draw my attention away from the rest of the image, and the rest of the image is the best part.

Thanks smile

The model was aware that the piercings were visible and described this as "cool" so I figured I'd leave them in.

Ciao
Stefano

www.stefanobrunesci.com

Jan 18 13 07:36 am Link

Photographer

Fotografica Gregor

Alexandria, Virginia, US

I adore body mods - on models and on lovers as well -  the way these glimmer in the shadows is erotic

Jan 18 13 07:40 am Link

Photographer

AJ_In_Atlanta

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I like the image but it is a bit distracting in this case give the high contrast between the shadows - I would do a little D&B so its not pulling the eye as much.

Jan 18 13 07:45 am Link

Photographer

Syosset Studio

Syosset, New York, US

-B-R-U-N-E-S-C-I- wrote:
Have at it - let me know what you think  smile

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/31331964 (18+)

Ciao
Stefano

www.stefanobrunesci.com

It looks like you nailed it.

Jan 18 13 08:41 am Link

Photographer

INKEDividuals

Seattle, Washington, US

MelissaAnn  wrote:

I like it for exactly the opposite reason.  With few exceptions, genital piercing are "for your eyes only."  Many very mainstream-looking people have them, but we never know, nor can they tell us.

Stefano has done a great job allowing the model to show without telling.

Jan 18 13 04:27 pm Link