Makeup Artist

Eve Bills

New York, New York, US

I got job on for n extra scene in this action movie n in the scene a guy stomp on this other guys leg n break it as he is resting his foot on a chair its his right leg n it breaks in the oposite direction (the back of the leg) does anyone have any tip for this sort injury I have printed out some pictures for reference n have been drawing n thinkin of diff way but I'm unsure.

Jan 26 13 02:37 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Heather J M

London, England, United Kingdom

Find out exactly what the director wants to see in camera. If possibly push him towards having the actor sell it with a facial close up and sound effect. If they really want the gore, I'd lean towards a bulging split at the back of the actors leg with something to replicate the torn muscle (minced meat?) but you're going to struggle because the angle of the actor's healthy unbroken leg won't help you sell this at all. It will only work with a trick camera angle and a very quick cutaway.

In an entirely side note - it is quite hard to read your post, mostly due to some use of text speak. I am assuming for the most part that 'n' is short for 'and' or interchangeably 'an'?

Jan 26 13 03:14 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Eve Bills

New York, New York, US

Heather J M wrote:
Find out exactly what the director wants to see in camera. If possibly push him towards having the actor sell it with a facial close up and sound effect. If they really want the gore, I'd lean towards a bulging split at the back of the actors leg with something to replicate the torn muscle (minced meat?) but you're going to struggle because the angle of the actor's healthy unbroken leg won't help you sell this at all. It will only work with a trick camera angle and a very quick cutaway.

In an entirely side note - it is quite hard to read your post, mostly due to some use of text speak. I am assuming for the most part that 'n' is short for 'and' or interchangeably 'an'?

Thank you so much! my index and middle finger are sprained on my right hand so it makes typing a bit hard.

Jan 26 13 10:42 pm Link