Forums > Critique > Critique? New at this..

Model

Jane Smith Angel

Lafayette, Louisiana, US

Judge me? And give me some real feedback.. stuff I should work on.. and let me know what I have thats good. I'm not professional. Just curious.. do I have what it takes/any potential???

Thanks smile -Hailey

Feb 03 13 07:17 pm Link

Photographer

Ryan South

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, US

Hey Neighbor,  You'll find there are many, many different types of models, photographers etc. on here.  If you're into art and photography and enjoy having your photo taken, you'll undoubtedly find some collaborators.  If you're looking to make money taking clothed photos, it most likely won't happen very often unless you were to hustle some commercial work(bussinesses not photographers).  You might elaborate on what "it" is or what you'd like to achieve.  There lots of helpful folks on here.  Come see me in BR sometime.

Feb 03 13 07:37 pm Link

Model

Jane Smith Angel

Lafayette, Louisiana, US

I like art, and having my photo taken.. I like taking photos with different kinds of clothes and make up.

Feb 03 13 07:40 pm Link

Photographer

Ryan South

Not too many listed as wardrobe stylists around here. As I don't know squat about clothes I've just had the models wear whatever(and it shows).  And most photographers on here a men and mostly in the same boat.  You might get a friend who's into clothes or start combing the thrift shops. Seem like going by some boutique shops and offering to trade use/possesion? of clothes for images might be a good route.  Post some casting calls  or message phographers with some ideas or let them know youre willing to shoot TF(trade modeling for images).

Feb 03 13 07:57 pm Link

Photographer

Ryan South

Not too many listed as wardrobe stylists around here. As I don't know squat about clothes I've just had the models wear whatever(and it shows).  And most photographers on here a men and mostly in the same boat.  You might get a friend who's into clothes or start combing the thrift shops. Seem like going by some boutique shops and offering to trade use/possesion? of clothes for images might be a good route.  Post some casting calls  or message phographers with some ideas or let them know youre willing to shoot TF(trade modeling for images).

Feb 03 13 07:57 pm Link

Model

Jane Smith Angel

Lafayette, Louisiana, US

Thank you for the advice smile

Feb 03 13 08:04 pm Link

Photographer

eybdoog

New York, New York, US

two things that might help you in your exploration of modeling.  1. Be careful when you say in your bio that you "will try anything" because there are those out there that will take that to heart and try to get you to do things that may be well beyond your comfort zone. (especially on this site)

2. Just say no to snap shots. I know that you are a new model, but it is better to find a photographer that you admire to take images of you vs. posting snap shots.

suggestions: reword the bio, and find a photographer that will bring you aboard for your first professional shoot. good luck

Feb 03 13 08:12 pm Link

Model

Jane Smith Angel

Lafayette, Louisiana, US

I will def edit it.. Also I know.. I just haven't really had a chance to get professional shots taken yet.

Feb 03 13 08:16 pm Link

Photographer

Aaron Lewis Photography

Catskill, New York, US

With the images you currently have in your port, it's near impossible to judge you as a model.

One thing I can say is I would immediately get rid of the images you're using for your avatar. Without being rude I'll just keep it at, it's not good.

My best advice has already been given. You should work with a decent photographer, practice posing and if nothing else, get some decent head shots to get your self going.

I would recrop this
https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/29284618

and this
https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/29284765

Into decent head shots for now

Feb 03 13 08:45 pm Link