Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Ex Police declares war to LAPD one KIlled so far.

Photographer

Tonic Dog Studios

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Michael Bots wrote:
OOPS - wrong target -- how many bullet holes?
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00 … 970d-640wi

marker #46 is visible
http://www.trbimg.com/img-51142e9d/turb … 00/500x305

Women delivering newspapers in Torrance shot in manhunt for ex-cop
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2 … -shot.html

another dark pickup shot up
http://www.trbimg.com/img-5113ec8f/turb … 00/500x281
"Torrance police work the scene where a dark Honda pickup truck was shot at while driving on Flagler Lane just south of Beryl Street in Redondo Beach."

Today is not a safe day in LA to be any of the following:
1)    Dark skinned
2)    A man
3)    Driving a truck
4)    Near a cop

Feb 07 13 06:10 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

I just heard an interview of some neighbors where he had lived on and off helping his elderly mother and they said he was a really nice, helpful guy.

Feb 07 13 06:11 pm Link

Makeup Artist

T

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Tonic Dog Studios wrote:

1)    Dark skinned
2)    A man
3)    Driving a truck
4)    Near a cop

and female. How the hell do they shoot two females?

Feb 07 13 06:11 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Tonic Dog Studios wrote:

1)    Dark skinned
2)    A man
3)    Driving a truck
4)    Near a cop

good thing drones haven't been deployed by the LAPD yet.

Half the city would be blown to bits by them.

Given what he might have on the LAPD, I can't imagine they'll let the dude live.

Feb 07 13 06:12 pm Link

Makeup Artist

T

Tonic Dog Studios wrote:

Just looking at your posts in this thread.  If that is not the correct emotion you have about this guy with “a damn good head on his shoulders” I will retract.

I said "had". Please get the fuck out of my face with this nonsense.

Feb 07 13 06:13 pm Link

Photographer

Andialu

San Pedro, California, US

T wrote:
and female. How the hell do they shoot two females?

The streets are pretty quiet here. At least they were when I got home.

ETA: I passed by the Del Amo mall and it was a ghost town.

Makeup Artist

T

Patchouli Nyx wrote:

Given what he might have on the LAPD, I can't imagine they'll let the dude live.

Apparently, they're just shooting up trucks.

Photographer

Guss W

Clearwater, Florida, US

Christopher Hartman wrote:
wow...finally saw the back of the pickup truck.  They lit it up!!  Those women are LUCKY!!

They shot up the passenger side too.  For all they knew, he had a hostage in there with him.

Makeup Artist

T

Andialu wrote:

The streets are pretty quiet here. At least they were when I got home.

smh...afraid of him or the police?

Feb 07 13 06:15 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Patchouli Nyx wrote:

T wrote:
Apparently, they're just shooting up trucks.

Of course the media is ignoring this.  reporting it but no one is asking if LAPD needs to have better eye screening tests or whether it's vigilante time.

Feb 07 13 06:15 pm Link

Photographer

Andialu

T wrote:

smh...afraid of him or the police?

Both

Feb 07 13 06:16 pm Link

Makeup Artist

T

Guss W wrote:

They shot up the passenger side too.  For all they knew, he had a hostage in there with him.

Apparently they didn't even try to apprehend.

Photographer

Tonic Dog Studios

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Patchouli Nyx wrote:

+1

Photographer

Andialu

Patchouli Nyx wrote:
Of course the media is ignoring this.  reporting it but no one is asking if LAPD needs to have better eye screening tests or whether it's vigilante time.

The media most definitely not ignoring it here. I'm watching the news right now. They are talking about it.

Feb 07 13 06:17 pm Link

Makeup Artist

T

Andialu wrote:

The media most definitely not ignoring it here. I'm watching the news right now. They are talking about it.

what's the station? I will tune in on line.

Although I have the worst stress headache. sad

Feb 07 13 06:18 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Guss W wrote:

T wrote:
Apparently they didn't even try to apprehend.

that's clear.

but how do you mistake two chicks for a 280 lb bald black dude?

Feb 07 13 06:19 pm Link

Photographer

Eros Fine Art Photo

Torrance, California, US

Patchouli Nyx wrote:
I sure hope the LA media does a follow up how a couple of ladies delivering newspapers look to cops like a 300 lb black man.

The women were driving around Torrance a dark blue truck and delivering newspapers with their headlights off during the early morning hours (pulling into driveways), while it was still dark.  They also happened to be in the exact same area where an LAPD Captain, who was named in the manifesto, lives.  Because of the attack in Irvine, where Dorner killed another Captain's daughter and her fiance', LAPD officers were already on guard and expecting serious trouble. 

Put yourself in their shoes.  You know this guy is heavily armed and WILL kill you if he gets the slightest opportunity.  He's prepared to go to war with Law Enforcement AND is willing to kill innocent family members who aren't even involved in Law Enforcement.  He also ambushed officers in Cornona and in Riverside overnight. 

This is a highly dangerous situation, so any and all officers in California are going to be ready to defend themselves and take out this guy in a heartbeat.  They acknowledge this shooting was a mistake though, so I think it's reasonable to cut these guys a little slack.  It was an error, which no doubt involved a high level of apprehension and suspicion.  Cops aren't perfect, they're human.

Photographer

Mr Banner

Hayward, California, US

T wrote:
http://youranonnews.tumblr.com/post/425 … d-officers

full uncensored manifesto

that shit is long as fuck

it seems there has to be more to the story(ies)

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Andialu wrote:

where?
what station?

I was watching online.

Photographer

Andialu

T wrote:

what's the station? I will tune in on line.

Although I have the worst stress headache. sad

KABC

Photographer

Andialu

Patchouli Nyx wrote:

where?
what station?

I was watching online.

They just switched topics. Talking about his training now.

Feb 07 13 06:20 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Eros Fine Art Photo wrote:

The women were driving around Torrance a dark blue truck and delivering newspapers with their headlights off during the early morning hours (pulling into driveways), while it was still dark.  They also happened to be in the exact same area where an LAPD Captain, who was named in the manifesto, lives.  Because of the attack in Irvine, where Dorner killed another Captain's daughter and her fiance', LAPD officers were already on guard and expecting serious trouble. 

Put yourself in their shoes.  You know this guy is heavily armed and WILL kill you if he gets the slightest opportunity.  He's prepared to go to war with Law Enforcement AND is willing to kill innocent family members who aren't even involved in Law Enforcement.  He also ambushed officers in Cornona and in Riverside overnight. 

This is a highly dangerous situation, so any and all officers in California are going to be ready to defend themselves and take out this guy in a heartbeat.  They acknowledge this shooting was a mistake though, so I think it's reasonable to cut these guys a little slack.  It was an error, which no doubt involved a high level of apprehension and suspicion.  Cops aren't perfect, they're human.

oh ok, shoot to kill first, so sorry later!!!!

but yeah, as long as it ain't someone you know who gets their ass capped by the cops, who cares.

Feb 07 13 06:21 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

as an aside, I can't fucking believe one of the Rodney King thugs is now a commander in the West Valley.

that's bullshit.

Feb 07 13 06:22 pm Link

Makeup Artist

T

Sorry for shooting your mom in the back. OOPSIE!!! My bad!

No, they can't just open fire.

Feb 07 13 06:22 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

T wrote:

damnit T, they're just newspaper delivery ladies, not llamas with deep cleavage.  these delivery girls are easily replaceable.

Feb 07 13 06:24 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

I get the idea, but I've never cared for the "better be judged by 12 rather than carried by 6."

Like I said, I get it.  But not when you're shooting people in the back.  And shooting people that I'm going to presume didn't make any threatening moves.  And people that don't match the description.  And people not driving the correct vehicle.

They more the fuck up, the more sympathy this guy is going to get because with them being so quick to shoot...is there something need to make sure no one finds out?  If there is...the guy knows he's dead.  He's mailed stuff to Anderson Cooper?  If he's got more evidence, it's in the mail.

Feb 07 13 06:27 pm Link

Photographer

netmodel

Austin, Texas, US

he sounds delusional.

so sad.

Feb 07 13 06:35 pm Link

Photographer

Eros Fine Art Photo

Torrance, California, US

Patchouli Nyx wrote:

oh ok, shoot to kill first, so sorry later!!!!

but yeah, as long as it ain't someone you know who gets their ass capped by the cops, who cares.

Wow...way to totally twist what I said and read way into it. 

I'm not saying no one should care and I'm not saying cops should have a "shoot first/ask questions later" approach.  These cops made an error, but I can understand WHY they did. 

Dorner has clearly stated his intent to go on a killing spree.  The response from the police IS NOT simply because he killed an officer.  He killed innocent people as well and is prepared to, for all intensive purposes, domestic terrorism.  The goal of the police is to stop this guy before ANYONE else is killed. 

It's simple as that.

Feb 07 13 06:38 pm Link

Photographer

Eros Fine Art Photo

Torrance, California, US

T wrote:

Read above please.

Feb 07 13 06:39 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

netmodel wrote:
he sounds delusional.

so sad.

actually most parts of his manifesto sound much less delusional than a lot of folks in SB.

Feb 07 13 06:40 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Wow...way to totally twist what I said and read way into it. 

I'm not saying no one should care and I'm not saying cops should have a "shoot first/ask questions later" approach.  These cops made an error, but I can understand WHY they did. 

Dorner has clearly stated his intent to go on a killing spree.  The response from the police IS NOT simply because he killed an officer.  He killed innocent people as well and is prepared to, for all intensive purposes, domestic terrorism.  The goal of the police is to stop this guy before ANYONE else is killed. 

It's simple as that.

the cops are freaking out not because he killed 2 people in irvine.

they're freaking because those 2 people were revenge killings of a cop and rather than regular citizens being in the crosshairs, it's cops.

Feb 07 13 06:42 pm Link

Photographer

Eros Fine Art Photo

Torrance, California, US

Patchouli Nyx wrote:
the cops are freaking out not because he killed 2 people in irvine.

they're freaking because those 2 people were revenge killings of a cop and rather than regular citizens being in the crosshairs, it's cops.

Oh...I didn't realize you were heavily involved in the investigation and had attended the police briefings and roll calls where commanding officers ordered the revenge killing of Dorner. 

Tell me, do you have any links or articles that support your claim?  Or are you simply speculating and limiting the police response to your own perception of police?

From my experience, police would go after anyone who sought to kill innocent people; regardless of what their race, creed, sexual orientation, socio-economic level, or occupation is.  This is evidenced historically by manhunt's for serial killers; serial rapists; kidnappers; violent gangs; etc. 

The fact this guy killed an officer and and officer's family does strike a bit deeper, but it's not the sole reason they want to get this guy.

Feb 07 13 06:53 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Laguna Beach, California, US

i actually hope they catch the guy alive, but doubt they will. it sounds like he's willing to do himself in, or force them to take him out.

i would love to hear his explanation as to how he's justified in murdering the child of someone who defended him.

any time you hear the word "manifesto" mixed in with someone with guns or explosives, all bets are off. there are many avenues someone could take in dealing with abusive to's. it sounds like nobody will ever know all the facts, but this dude needs to be caught or taken down.

as an unfortunate aside, the fantastic lapd drama 'southland' starts next week again. it's a pretty no holds barred look at being a cop in l.a. i highly recommend it, and i never recommend tv shows.

Feb 07 13 06:57 pm Link

Makeup Artist

T

You can't just open fire on unknown targets. I can't do that...and neither should police.

Feb 07 13 07:02 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

Christopher Dorner is a classic example of a good guy who was dealt a raw deal by a prejudice (he is black) police force.  Seeing no alternative, he's decided to exact revenge upon those who were responsible for his injustice.

Sad indeed... for he is by no means stupid or unintelligent... possessing a college degree and obviously quite articulate in his 20 page manifesto.  The intention of his killing spree is to expose the corruption that exists within the LAPD, and to clear his name. 

Upon his death or capture, I'm quite sure there will be some form of investigation into the corruption that IM SURE exists within that police force, but after resulting in killing multiple people, there will be ZERO possibility in clearing his name.

It's a shame that a metal awarded Captian Navy officer and decorated police officer had to resort to such a brazen act of violence to get the notority and kind of justice that he thinks he deserves. 

There's been far too many innocent people killed at their places of employment, by discruntled employees who felt they have been unjustly treated, or wrongfully discharged.  What this country needs is some form of an FREE honorable and unprejudice agency or organization (other than this country's fucked up, over burdened and heavily money driven judicial system) that people can turn to, to assist them in mediating and negotiating a fair conclusion to incidents that transpire within their places of employment. 

Few places of employment have such an organization, and those who do appear to be too heavily biased by the company that supports it.  Maybe even a free and fairly moderated blogging website expressing these complaints and concerns could be an option... wink

Feb 07 13 07:10 pm Link

Makeup Artist

T

Select Models wrote:
Christopher Dorner is a classic example of a good guy who was dealt a raw deal by a prejudice (he is black) police force.  Seeing no alternative, he's decided to exact revenge upon those who were responsible for his injustice.

Sad indeed... for he is by no means stupid or unintelligent... possessing a college degree and obviously quite articulate in his 20 page manifesto.  The intention of his killing spree is to expose the corruption that exists within the LAPD, and to clear his name. 

Upon his death or capture, I'm quite sure there will be some form of investigation into the corruption that IM SURE exists within that police force, but after resulting in killing multiple people, there will be ZERO possibility in clearing his name.

It's a shame that a metal awarded Captian Navy officer and decorated police officer had to resort to such a brazen act of violence to get the notority and kind of justice that he thinks he deserves. 

There's been far too many innocent people killed at their places of employment, by discruntled employees who felt they have been unjustly treated, or wrongfully discharged.  What this country needs is some form of an FREE honorable and unprejudice agency or organization (other than this country's fucked up, over burdened and heavily money driven judicial system) that people can turn to, to assist them in mediating and negotiating a fair conclusion to incidents that transpire within their places of employment. 

Few places of employment have such an organization, and those who do appear to be too heavily biased by the company that supports it.  Maybe even a free and fairly moderated blogging website expressing these complaints and concerns could be an option... wink

Well said.

Feb 07 13 07:12 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Oh...I didn't realize you were heavily involved in the investigation and had attended the police briefings and roll calls where commanding officers ordered the revenge killing of Dorner. 

Tell me, do you have any links or articles that support your claim?  Or are you simply speculating and limiting the police response to your own perception of police?

From my experience, police would go after anyone who sought to kill innocent people; regardless of what their race, creed, sexual orientation, socio-economic level, or occupation is.  This is evidenced historically by manhunt's for serial killers; serial rapists; kidnappers; violent gangs; etc. 

The fact this guy killed an officer and and officer's family does strike a bit deeper, but it's not the sole reason they want to get this guy.

Settle down...I believe she was saying Dorner was revenge killing and the cops are on tilt.

Feb 07 13 07:21 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Select Models wrote:

We need Knight Rider or the A-Team.

Feb 07 13 07:23 pm Link

Model

ashara

Brewster, New York, US

Select Models wrote:

Very much agree!!!

Feb 07 13 07:23 pm Link

Photographer

Eros Fine Art Photo

Torrance, California, US

Select Models wrote:

A "good guy" DOESN'T go on a homicidal rampage after he loses his job, regardless if there was a perceived racial bias or any other sort of extenuating circumstance.  People lose their jobs everyday due to downsizing, sexual harassment, conflicts of personality, flat out discrimination, etc.  The majority of them DO NOT respond by killing the family members of the people who fired them, or the people they worked with.  THAT is the sign of a mentally deranged individual.

Given that, is it not reasonable to believe the problem was not with the LAPD, but instead had to do with Dorner's behavior and inability to resolve conflicts rationally? 

This man is a killer.  A homicidal maniac, who had no qualms about murdering three innocent people whom he never even met before and who did nothing to threaten him.  He killed them in a cowardly way as well, by ambushing them. 

He wasn't a Captain in the Navy, he was a Lieutenant.  He wasn't "highly decorated" either.  He earned a Marksmanship badge from the military, just like most recruits do during basic.  Let's not make him out to be some sort of martyr, or victim, for Pete's sake.

Feb 07 13 07:48 pm Link