Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Where do you go to meet potential partners?

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

S W I N S K E Y wrote:

ok, so im @50% right now....so there's room to improve...

You do realize you are a handsome man.
You're the David Gilmour that still rocks:)

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=4N82TLB0 … N82TLB03Vk

smile

Feb 08 13 10:53 am Link

Photographer

Digital Photo PLUS

Lorton, Virginia, US

Presley ONeil wrote:

And..?

I'm 17. But anyway.

Have you done your homework?

Feb 08 13 10:55 am Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

-JAY- wrote:
I met my wife on a website called Model Mayhem.

Actually Fetcon if I'm not mistaken?

Feb 08 13 10:55 am Link

Photographer

r T p

Los Angeles, California, US

R A V E N D R I V E wrote:
hm, I have a big clique that I just fish out of right now, and I otherwise ignore beautiful women on the street

but I usually opt for instadates, like

"hi, here's an apple, join me on this grand adventure"

or

"let me read your palm, ... ugh team edward? ... thats okay lets get ice cream"

or

do
you have a line for blackberry?  ...motorola?  ...and/or samsung??

Feb 08 13 10:56 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

BlueMoonPics wrote:

I've got no class, and I've got no principals.
'Cause school's out!

lol

Bah ha
Xoxo

Feb 08 13 10:58 am Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Jules NYC wrote:

You do realize you are a handsome man.
You're the David Gilmour Joe Walsh that still rocks:)

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=4N82TLB0 … N82TLB03Vk

smile

Fixed for true brownie points,though Gilmour is great

Feb 08 13 10:59 am Link

Photographer

Digital Photo PLUS

Lorton, Virginia, US

I hear group therapy meetings for women are great places to meet women. If you go to a psych in a rich neighborhood those places are filled with gorgeous and unhappy trophy wives or recent divorcees . They call it "low-hanging fruit".

Feb 08 13 11:00 am Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Last person I dated was someone who photographed me in 2009. Before that, my longer-lasting relationships were with people I met in bars. That gets a bad reputation, but I am still friends with most of those people. If I'd not been a "clubbing girl" in my early 20s, I probably never would have dated anyone at all - because the people I went to college with never wanted anything to do with me.  They mostly just made fun of the fact I had a southern accent, and liked shitty bands. *shrug*

I don't meet anyone at all now. Not really. That's fine, I guess.

Feb 08 13 11:09 am Link

Photographer

Mr Banner

Hayward, California, US

I thought about this last night.  Every woman I've been involved with since HS, all internet.   Not dating sites specifically, but internet related.  Sure, it's only 2 women, but still.

Feb 08 13 11:13 am Link

Photographer

Llobet Photography

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Koryn Locke wrote:
Last person I dated was someone who photographed me in 2009. Before that, my longer-lasting relationships were with people I met in bars. That gets a bad reputation, but I am still friends with most of those people. If I'd not been a "clubbing girl" in my early 20s, I probably never would have dated anyone at all - because the people I went to college with never wanted anything to do with me.  They mostly just made fun of the fact I had a southern accent, and liked shitty bands. *shrug*

This sounds like me for the most part except I'm not friends with anyone in my past.
I had to clean my slate so to speak.
In college I never met anyone at all.  Weird but true.
A southern accent? I kinda like that actually.

Feb 08 13 11:15 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Chris Rifkin wrote:

Fixed for true brownie points,though Gilmour is great

Ha ha
I'd have to hear some tracks to agree

PS David Gilmour is my favorite guitarist
His voice is dreamy too

Feb 08 13 11:36 am Link

Model

Koryn

BlueMoonPics wrote:
This sounds like me for the most part except I'm not friends with anyone in my past.
I had to clean my slate so to speak.
In college I never met anyone at all.  Weird but true.
A southern accent? I kinda like that actually.

I didn't really "meet" people at college. I only sort of interacted with people in class. I guess they were more like acquaintances than anything else, but it was almost guaranteed that, on the first day of classes during any given semester, the professors would ask you to introduce yourself and tell why you took the class. I would say a couple sentences, and at least one person would audibly giggle.

I'm from western North Carolina, so I had an Appalachian-sounding "brogue," which is a little bit like a mumbly mix of Welsh-Scottish accents (because it basically is).  It's not heavy anymore, but was a lot thicker when I was younger. I went to school in that area, but most of the people in my classes were from other regions, and the real Appalachian sound was leaving the voices of a lot of younger people, so I sounded really goofy to folks who were non-natives.

Feb 08 13 11:47 am Link

Model

Goodbye4

Los Angeles, California, US

Feb 08 13 11:47 am Link

Photographer

Connor Photography

Newark, Delaware, US

Koryn Locke wrote:

Soooo, you are going to be a Buddha nun soon. tongue

Feb 08 13 11:53 am Link

Model

Koryn

Connor Photography wrote:

Yes. I've decided I will achieve nun status at about 6 months.

Feb 08 13 11:55 am Link

Photographer

Connor Photography

Newark, Delaware, US

Koryn Locke wrote:
Yes. I've decided I will achieve nun status at about 6 months.

Just a friendly reminder that The nun status requires surrendering all vibrators and dildos to the nearest police station.  There are more requirements.  Being a nun, it is hardship in a big time.  Dating is easier. LOL.

Feb 08 13 12:16 pm Link

Model

hygvhgvkhy

Chicago, Illinois, US

Digital Photo PLUS wrote:

Very Original.

Feb 08 13 12:19 pm Link

Photographer

Little Ginger Lamb

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Jules NYC wrote:
I'll probably end up with someone from the UK.
I like my English:)

Been there, done that. Most of the time, the only difference is an accent. hmm

Feb 08 13 12:28 pm Link

Model

DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT

Čaġčarān, Ġawr, Afghanistan

Digital Photo PLUS wrote:

Give her a break guys, far out. I joined here when I was 16 too and I don't think I recieved such slack. I get that twenty one is your age of 'adulthood' but she has just as much right to relationships and an opinion as anyone else.

Oh and people still have 'homework' after their teen years. University? Because I started when I was 17 I'll finish before I'm 21 but many others continue their education much further into their lives and it's something that should be respected not scoffed at.

I never understood those who laughed at others for being young. It's just as stupid and pointless as screaming at a child to just 'grow up'.

Feb 08 13 12:41 pm Link

Model

Koryn

The nun status requires surrendering all vibrators and dildos to the nearest police station.

I don't own any of those things.

Feb 08 13 12:49 pm Link

Photographer

MS Foto

Manchester, New Hampshire, US

Koryn Locke wrote:
I'm from western North Carolina, so I had an Appalachian-sounding "brogue," which is a little bit like a mumbly mix of Welsh-Scottish accents (because it basically is).  It's not heavy anymore, but was a lot thicker when I was younger...

Speaking from experience, I can say that the way you speak is indeed quite unique and very cute. I totally thought you were Scottish...

Feb 08 13 02:04 pm Link

Model

Koryn

MS Foto wrote:
Speaking from experience, I can say that the way you speak is indeed quite unique and very cute. I totally thought you were Scottish...

Yup. It surprises people. My great-grandmother spoke something pretty close to Middle English.

Feb 08 13 02:09 pm Link

Photographer

Art of the nude

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

EvaScarlet wrote:
After the dissolution of my last relationship, I am starting to wonder where, exactly, people typically meet other people that they end up dating...

This last one I met in the theatre. Before that was a movie set. Before that, a very long relationship that started in college (met in school too)... 

The bar scene does not appeal. Ditto for clubs. Guess I'll eventually meet someone through another gig... But how in the world do people usually do this?

EDIT: I was not necessarily meaning to say that I am fixated on finding someone at this precise moment...or that I'm not...hmm, I don't know whether I am or not. It can happen when it happens- I'm fine with that.
It was more of a general question, since I had been asking myself and realized I didn't know the answer.

I met my wife at the mailbox of the apartment building we both lived in.

I met the girlfriend before her at a basketball game.

I met the one before her at church, and the one before that was a cook at a pizza shop I went to.

Basically, I'd just say, be friendly and talk to people.

Feb 08 13 02:11 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

I met my wife online.

In 1994. So it wasn't what you think wink

Feb 08 13 02:47 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Leavitt

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Chris Rifkin wrote:

Actually Fetcon if I'm not mistaken?

Correct, but we had initially started talking here about shooting.

Feb 08 13 04:34 pm Link

Photographer

scrymettet

Quebec, Quebec, Canada

Where do you go to meet potential partners?

won't tell my wife might read it tongue

I met her in vacation

Feb 08 13 04:44 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

Damon Banner wrote:
I thought about this last night.  Every woman I've been involved with since HS, all internet.   Not dating sites specifically, but internet related.  Sure, it's only 2 women, but still.

That's because you talk more online!

Feb 09 13 05:12 am Link

Model

KelliOnLineGlamourNude

Barrie, Ontario, Canada

I met my husband on-line, not a dating site. We had too much in common ( not ordinary stuff, very unique ) and that is what inspired our first date.

Feb 09 13 06:32 am Link

Photographer

Jason Haven

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Damon Banner wrote:

Ditto on the Internet part. I met one girl from a club once, that lasted a week. Everything else? Internet.

Feb 09 13 09:01 am Link

Photographer

R A V E N D R I V E

New York, New York, US

hm, I have a big clique that I just fish out of right now, and I otherwise ignore beautiful women on the street

but I usually opt for instadates, like

"hi, here's an apple, join me on this grand adventure"

or

"let me read your palm, ... ugh team edward? ... thats okay lets get ice cream"

or

cy be rea n wrote:

do
you have a line for blackberry?  ...motorola?  ...and/or samsung??

lol I've done that too, just reminded me

there was a girl sitting on a bench, disinterested in the guy she was with, he was talking to her about something nerdy

I walked by and said really loud to the girl "IS THAT A BLACKBERRY STORM!?"

and she beamed with energy and said "Yes, I know I need to upgrade"

"POR QUE! GIRLS LOVE BLACKBERRIES... MY FRIEND AND I WERE JUST ABOUT TO GO TO THE TMOBILE STORE"

with some crafty eye shifting and subtle head nodding to telepathically broadcast to the girl ".. so join us, and leave your boyfriend there, but make up an excuse"

which worked.

so, yes, telepathy

I usually make these things up on the spot based on context (instead of ... canned content) but I have started similar conversations with people using samsung or motorola lines

Feb 09 13 09:16 am Link

Model

Koryn

there was a girl sitting on a bench, disinterested in the guy she was with, he was talking to her about something nerdy

If she was genuinely disinterested in him, she would have used any excuse to stop talking to him.

Probably had little or nothing to do with TMobile, or phones, or whatever.

Feb 09 13 09:18 am Link

Photographer

ontherocks

Salem, Oregon, US

we just wish we were young again (my recovery time was hours, not days. lol) *but* knew then what we know now.

Mary Thomson wrote:
I never understood those who laughed at others for being young. It's just as stupid and pointless as screaming at a child to just 'grow up'.

Feb 09 13 09:21 am Link

Artist/Painter

Alexandre Lafortune

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Raoul Isidro Images wrote:

Nobody knows the answer, that's for sure.

Position yourself.

I have a neighbor who never met girls because he was assigned here and there as a military missile techo, and had monitors and machines to talk to all day.

Long story shortened, he joined an archery club beside the military firing range and met the beauty of his dreams. I signed their mortage loan papers for a new home six months later, and they got married after that.

Also: Watch>>>> 500 Days Of Summer (highly recommended) borat
https://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Arts/Arts_/Pictures/2009/8/4/1249394044542/A-scene-from-500-Days-of--001.jpg

Wow! They're so fabulously beautiful!

Feb 09 13 01:08 pm Link

Photographer

R A V E N D R I V E

New York, New York, US

Koryn Locke wrote:
If she was genuinely disinterested in him, she would have used any excuse to stop talking to him.

Probably had little or nothing to do with TMobile, or phones, or whatever.

lol yes this is well established, the point when seeing such situations is to say the most unlikely pickup/conversation starter possible

so instead of "ey girl u fiiine" I randomly pinpointed her blackberry storm

we didn't go to a tmobile store after that, my friend and I waited at a different end of the park and then she met us and we went for drinks

Feb 09 13 01:26 pm Link

Model

DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT

Čaġčarān, Ġawr, Afghanistan

I went clubbing last night and something I still don't understand is the pack mentality of guys. There was a bunch of them, probably about six, all wearing pretty much the same thing and all wearing flat brim caps. When I first walked in they did the whole, Ahh! Thing and offered to buy my friend and I drinks, which was sweet but I was driving so no drinking for me.

Then they were obviously all showing interest, but I could not tell which one of them was actually planning on approaching me.  It was as if they just wanted to all hit on me at the same time, which would obviously result on me brushing them all off as weirdos. I just don't get that, if I actually had of been interested they would of ruined their own chances by acting as a group.

Then when my friend and I were dancing and they came and joined in (which I didnt mind because they all kept their hands to themselves) one of them said, 'I like your style'. Which I just thought was a pretty hilarious way to introduce themselves. My response was, 'It's nighttime and you're inside with a hat on, I think our ideas of style are opposing forces'.

/story
/thread jack

Feb 09 13 04:19 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

Koryn Locke wrote:

Yup. It surprises people. My great-grandmother spoke something pretty close to Middle English.

Indeed. When I was learning an Elizabethan accent to do Shakespeare as it was intended, we were taught how very close it is to old Appalachian accents, as that area was settled by those who had the 16th century patterned accent and things didn't change much in a few hundred years of isolation.

bring me a glass of waaaaaaatr. wink

Feb 09 13 04:46 pm Link

Photographer

bgcfoto

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

World Of Warcraft.

Feb 09 13 04:50 pm Link

Photographer

photographybyStavros

Bainbridge Island, Washington, US

-JAY- wrote:
I met my wife on a website called Model Mayhem.

But but MM isn't a dating site! You broke the rules by dating, and getting married! wink

Feb 09 13 07:11 pm Link

Model

Kaley King

Jefferson City, Missouri, US

idk if this has been said yet, but I was personally thinking about trying the gym...

Feb 10 13 08:26 am Link

Model

hygvhgvkhy

Chicago, Illinois, US

Mary Thomson wrote:

Give her a break guys, far out. I joined here when I was 16 too and I don't think I recieved such slack. I get that twenty one is your age of 'adulthood' but she has just as much right to relationships and an opinion as anyone else.

Oh and people still have 'homework' after their teen years. University? Because I started when I was 17 I'll finish before I'm 21 but many others continue their education much further into their lives and it's something that should be respected not scoffed at.

(:

Feb 10 13 09:49 am Link