Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Hair Stylist Rates?

Photographer

Nico Simon Princely

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

What is the going rate for a hair stylist for a photoshoot just styling hair on location.

2 hours?

4 hours?

8 hours?

Feb 14 13 01:23 pm Link

Makeup Artist

ArtistryImage

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Nico Simon Princely wrote:
What is the going rate for a hair stylist for a photoshoot just styling hair on location.

For Las Vegas, Nevada? Start here...  http://hottiehair.com/wedding-hair-makeup 

Their prices include travel to your hotel room, no hidden fees smile

Nico you typically benefit from developing and nurturing a working relationship with talent in your market... pricing will be all over the map as will quality...

Pricing questions for your market need to be addressed in your market... 
btw, trying to book hair for a Saturday?
good luck in as all top talent will be doing bridal...

hope this makes sense...

Happy Valentine's Day...

Feb 14 13 02:20 pm Link

Hair Stylist

Keila Sone

Harrison, New Jersey, US

ArtistryImage wrote:
For Las Vegas, Nevada? Start here...  http://hottiehair.com/wedding-hair-makeup 

Their prices include travel to your hotel room, no hidden fees smile

Nico you typically benefit from developing and nurturing a working relationship with talent in your market... pricing will be all over the map as will quality...

Pricing questions for your market need to be addressed in your market... 
btw, trying to book hair for a Saturday?
good luck in as all top talent will be doing bridal...

hope this makes sense...

Happy Valentine's Day...

I believe that the question is about fashion industry not wedding gigs
prices are completely different
for 1 on set your rates are usually half day(up to 4hrs) or fullday(up to 8hrs) not per person or look.
  for example I charge $100 & up at the salon for up do's per person(granted I only make 45% comission on that)
but for shoots my rates are halfday or full day,which if your having a shoot w/5 or more models,it end up being cheaper for the photographer than at the salon pricelist.

Yes you should ask in your NEVADA market,but make sure your ask an editorial or film/TV hair stylist  for quotes…salon hair stylist only know what they make in comission pay which would be per person or look and not accurate.

You could do a sereach on MM for Las Vegas hairstylist and ask a few for their half day & Full day quote for a shoot.

Hope this helps some.

Feb 16 13 01:45 am Link

Makeup Artist

ArtistryImage

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Keila Sone wrote:
I believe that the question is about fashion industry

Really?  Nico's query

...just styling hair on location...

What a day rate in NYC is so totally not relevant... sorry...

btw, way too much vanity on rates in this forum...

my response was so totally tongue in cheek...
like "Hottie Hair"  lol

Yes for agency work in NYC Keile you are correct... but the query is focused on price point... had Nico stated ONLY 4 or 8 hours I might have considered it was referring to day rates, but 2 hours?  that's not an agency assignment... at least not in my market...

And my response was a STARTING POINT...  we both have to deal with this... no one cares about what an individual stylist rate is 2,500 miles from the gig... it is not germane, nor appropriate to throw out numbers in that type of scenario...

all the best on YOUR journey...

Feb 16 13 04:09 am Link