Forums > Critique > Fun and Games > Kidding yourself or major potential!

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

Madison P Cook wrote:
Oh a Cali photographer! wink     Alright so I'm new to this whole modeling but I'd love to hear your thoughts!  Thanks! -MC

You have some great pics in your port, (love the color venetian blinds shot!!) At 16 you may get another growth spurt, but if not, 5'7" won't get you on the high fashion runways. Think lifestyle, commercial... You have potential, from this point it just takes work.

Watch out for "agencies" a MAJOR portion of them are just rip-off artists, a true agency DOES NOT take $$$ out of your pocket, they put $$$ into it, they make theirs from the clients who pay for the shoots you do, their job is marketing you.

Feb 27 13 06:35 pm Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

Pistol Dreams wrote:

Thank you so much!  Yes, there's quite a few of those, eh? hah I've been mostly shooting with that one guy so my port is basically comprised of just him.  Would you suggest I take down those "snapshots" and add some more, even though my port will be almost all him? Or should
I just not use all 15 photo slots?   Thanks again! -Pistol

It's always better to have 5 great pics than 20 ok pics.

Feb 27 13 06:39 pm Link

Model

A M Y B

Providence, Rhode Island, US

sad aw poo I got skipped

Feb 27 13 07:42 pm Link

Model

Shauni Mary Jane

Thief River Falls, Minnesota, US

George Ruge wrote:
I don't lie to people, I will tell you the truth as I see it from your port.

Am I kidding myself? I sure hope not!

Feb 27 13 08:12 pm Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

A M Y   B wrote:
sad aw poo I got skipped

Sorry about that, must have missed you with one of the page changes.

Lovely young lady, you have some amazing shots in your port, your potential is apparent and very strong!! It saddens me that you have chosen to have tattoos, they will limit your llamaing to a certain extent, though not as much as some others, yours don't seem to get in the way too much.

Feb 28 13 06:50 am Link

Photographer

RobertOPhoto

Royal Oak, Michigan, US

I have only been photographing models for a short time, so I know I have a lot to learn.  Seems like the best way is through critiques, so if you are still doing them I would appreciate your feedback.

Feb 28 13 11:19 am Link

Photographer

Doce Vida

Los Angeles, California, US

I'd like to know your thoughts

Feb 28 13 11:27 am Link

Model

bow beauty

Fresno, California, US

*gulp*...Me?

Feb 28 13 11:29 am Link

Photographer

Tim Stuart

Bryan, Texas, US

Ok, i'm "new".....to shooting people anyway....what do you think? And before you get too critical....i've only shot with two "working" models....the rest are amateurs. Can you tell which is which?

Feb 28 13 12:11 pm Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

Merry Jane wrote:

Am I kidding myself? I sure hope not!

Not kidding anyone, lovely face, great physique, adventuresome daring posing... Great potential!!:-)

Feb 28 13 06:42 pm Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

RobertOPhoto wrote:
I have only been photographing models for a short time, so I know I have a lot to learn.  Seems like the best way is through critiques, so if you are still doing them I would appreciate your feedback.

You previous photography experience has given you a real understanding of exposure, composition, shadow & light... Now it's time to to work on getting the most out of people as subject matter. Great potential!:-))

Feb 28 13 06:52 pm Link

Photographer

A-M-P

Orlando, Florida, US

Ok

Feb 28 13 06:53 pm Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

Doce Vida  wrote:
I'd like to know your thoughts

Not really enough in your port to judge potential. The third person profile HAS TO GO, it's excruciating to read!!

Feb 28 13 06:56 pm Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

bow beauty wrote:
*gulp*...Me?

Like shooting male models, I have no knowledge about the plus size modeling market, so I have no basis which to judge your potential, sorry!

Feb 28 13 07:01 pm Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

Tim Stuart wrote:
Ok, i'm "new".....to shooting people anyway....what do you think? And before you get too critical....i've only shot with two "working" models....the rest are amateurs. Can you tell which is which?

I've shot several "regular" girls who turned out to be natural posers, so sometimes it's really hard to tell who's a real model or not.
What hits me first is the need to understand light so you can work it and bend it to your will. White balance is a major part of what needs to be understood when shooting in digital. All light has a color cast and just by choosing the right WB (or the wrong one!!) you can control your final image, get some books, learn about light.

Feb 28 13 07:19 pm Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

A-M-P wrote:
Ok

There's great shots in you port!! Amazing! I know that the plastizine princess was in-vogue and is still being used and demanded by some clients, you've got that one down perfect. From other pics though I can tell that you know how to get it right In-camera. PS, to me should only used sparingly. Great potential is shown and proven.

Feb 28 13 07:30 pm Link

Photographer

I Ference Photography

Brooklyn, New York, US

And I?

Feb 28 13 07:33 pm Link

Model

BellaStacie

Hollywood, Florida, US

I'm in!! smile

Feb 28 13 07:42 pm Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

I Ference Photography wrote:
And I?

Haha!!:-)) YES!! That's what I'm talking about!!! Everyone NEEDS to look at this port!!

You are a real MASTER of light, you bend it, shape it, control it, cook it up and serve in up in amazing, luscious images!! Concept, composition, lighting, PHOTOGRAPHY and yes, truly ART!!

Feb 28 13 07:50 pm Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

StacieMaria wrote:
I'm in!! smile

Great physique!! Natural, lovely potential!!:-) I'd shoot with you in a heartbeat!!:-)) I'd like to see you grow your hair out longer:-)

Feb 28 13 08:00 pm Link

Photographer

Mouse Photography

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

George Ruge wrote:

Am I a pro or a joke? Lol

Mar 01 13 06:52 am Link

Photographer

I Ference Photography

Brooklyn, New York, US

George Ruge wrote:

Haha!!:-)) YES!! That's what I'm talking about!!! Everyone NEEDS to look at this port!!

You are a real MASTER of light, you bend it, shape it, control it, cook it up and serve in up in amazing, luscious images!! Concept, composition, lighting, PHOTOGRAPHY and yes, truly ART!!

Well thank you kindly for the generous appraisal of my work!  smile

Mar 01 13 01:15 pm Link

Photographer

R Fraticelli

San Juan, San Juan, Puerto Rico

ok..

Mar 01 13 03:40 pm Link

Model

Kami Mahoney

Denver, Colorado, US

I'd love to hear your opinion.

Mar 01 13 03:44 pm Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

Jennifer Francesco  wrote:

Am I a pro or a joke? Lol

Definitely not a joke! There's good stuff there. I'm not a fan of some of the cropping, but I understand some may be due to artistic intent.

Mar 01 13 06:07 pm Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

R Fraticelli wrote:
ok..

WOW!! What an interesting and varied port!! Love some of the underwater stuff!! Overall, you've got a very professional looking port, lots of great concepts, good posing... Not liking the top row PS stuff though, but then I hate most PS work I see.

Mar 01 13 06:24 pm Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

Kami Mahoney wrote:
I'd love to hear your opinion.

Nice face, good body, there's potential there. Gotta loose the third pic, second row. Posing is what you need to work on, try posing in a big mirror so you can see yourself. Work with some photographers who can help you with posing as well.

Mar 01 13 06:32 pm Link

Photographer

Bethay Unwin Photograph

San Diego, California, US

Well I just started "taking pictures" shooting and directing, but lets hear a serious critique. I haven't shot any models yet, just friends etc...  I might be digging a hole for myself here.

Mar 02 13 06:08 am Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

Bethany U Photography wrote:
Well I just started "taking pictures" shooting and directing, but lets hear a serious critique. I haven't shot any llamas yet, just friends etc...  I might be digging a hole for myself here.

So far just a couple of "photographs" and some snapshots. Too early to tell about any potential.

Mar 02 13 06:21 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Ram99

Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico

George Ruge wrote:

Are you some sort of a Wizard or Witch?

Mar 03 13 08:09 am Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

RMartinez wrote:

Are you some sort of a Wizard or Witch?

No sir, I'm a God fear'n red neck!!:-))))

Cool stuff in your port, but I really don't know much about the graphic arts market.

Mar 03 13 11:11 am Link

Artist/Painter

Ram99

Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico

Thanks!
wink

Mar 03 13 01:27 pm Link

Model

JohnM85

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

I too would like to know your thoughts. Thank you.

Mar 03 13 06:31 pm Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

JohnM85 wrote:
I too would like to know your thoughts. Thank you.

Hmm, again not knowing anything about the male modeling market, from your port, I can see that you have worked with some amazing photographers who apparently do, so I will bow to their expertise and say great potential!!:-)

Mar 03 13 07:12 pm Link

Model

Chelsea Kithcart

Durham, North Carolina, US

Me? smile

Mar 03 13 07:21 pm Link

Model

Rachel Hayslette

Weaver, Alabama, US

I would really love to know..please!

Mar 03 13 07:26 pm Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

Chelsea Kithcart wrote:
Me? smile

Lovely face, nice frame!! Already some nice work in your port, but you may have to get away from your comfort zone and into a larger market area to realize your true potential!:-)

Mar 03 13 07:33 pm Link

Model

C A T H Y

Anaheim, California, US

me please..

Mar 03 13 07:34 pm Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

Rachel Hayslette wrote:
I would really love to know..please!

Very nice "girl next door" look so lifestyle, commercial... At 5'8" you're knocking on the fashion runway door, but??? Allot of potential in this industry depends heavily on the effort you are willing to put in getting yourself seen, marketing... Go forth young lass and kick ass!:-))

Mar 03 13 07:40 pm Link

Model

NATASHA CYNN

Los Angeles, California, US

bonjour ! i'm game tongue

Mar 03 13 07:50 pm Link