Forums > Model Colloquy > Models do you have your own modeling website?

Photographer

Eleven 11 Photography

Auburn, Alabama, US

I have a good friend who's starting to model and is wondering would havng her own website help her book work or get people interested in booking her?

Mar 01 13 03:53 pm Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

1k-words-photograpy wrote:
I have a good friend who's starting to llama and is wondering would havng her own website help her book work or get people interested in booking her?

Hi,
Yes, I have my own wix.com website, a facebook website and a profile here.

Not everyone who hires or books llamas has the same attitude about facebook or here.

Jen

Mar 01 13 04:22 pm Link

Model

Goodbye4

Los Angeles, California, US

I have a really simple website (basically just a tumblr layout).

www.kellethcuthbert.com

But it's easier than individually sending people pictures. This way they can look at all of my work in one place with the simple click of a link.

Mar 03 13 11:03 am Link

Model

Misty R H

Anaheim, California, US

I have my own website at http://www.marketablelooksmodeling.com.  I can't say I have booked any gigs as a result of the website. But when I apply to casting calls, I give this link as a reference so they know I am serious and professional.

Mar 03 13 03:35 pm Link

Model

E e v a

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I've got my own little wix styled website. I've gotten offers through it. Not as many as i do on here, but still.

Mar 03 13 03:54 pm Link

Model

christiecreepydolls

Los Angeles, California, US

I have my own website and have been contacted through that for photoshoots.I appear pretty decent in searches and my MM profile is linked on it. www.bbwdollface.com (not an adult site)

Mar 03 13 06:23 pm Link

Photographer

Eric212Grapher

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

just starting?

build the portfolio, then expand to personal website. A private website costs money, but without a solid portfolio, it is money down the drain, imho.

Mar 03 13 06:31 pm Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

photo212grapher wrote:
just starting?

build the portfolio, then expand to personal website. A private website costs money, but without a solid portfolio, it is money down the drain, imho.

A photographer told me about wix.com and it is free

Mar 03 13 06:34 pm Link

Photographer

Aaron Lewis Photography

Catskill, New York, US

If you have a book strong enough to show to the public then yes, a website will help.

Mar 04 13 07:42 am Link

Model

Melodye Joy

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

1k-words-photograpy wrote:
I have a good friend who's starting to model and is wondering would havng her own website help her book work or get people interested in booking her?

It can.

I personally began with an MM profile then went from here to a (modeling) Myspace, (modeling) Facebook, FB page, FB group, other various modeling networking sites.

Just last year I got my own domain, MelodyeJoy.com, and so far, I have had some good responses and a few inquires. Nothing to write home about but in the end, a website helps if someone seeks a further reflection of work & they don't feel like muddling through social networks.

Mar 04 13 09:26 am Link

Model

NolaChick

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

I have my own site. I'm not a major model or anything, but I think that it makes you look a little more professional if someone of note wants to see your work. Seems better than referring them to a facebook page.

Mar 04 13 09:53 pm Link

Model

Account subscribed

Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland

Perhaps not the first thing to start with. There are plenty of other alternatives like local modelingsites, MM, Facebook, Instagram etc. Communities are easier to manage very often.

A website could be a good alternative later on. Especially for people who google and look outside theese forums and thoose you can´t expect to find on communities. Yes, I have my own website. There are some free and mobile compatible websites. I do not promote any site but I use what works and are for free.

Do not care if you have gotten an answer. Someone else might not.

Jul 17 16 09:21 pm Link

Model

Michelle Genevieve

Gaithersburg, Maryland, US

NolaChick wrote:
I have my own site. I'm not a major model or anything, but I think that it makes you look a little more professional if someone of note wants to see your work. Seems better than referring them to a facebook page.

I agree, and I have my own site for the same reason.  Also, I have total control over the content, no pesky ads, and it's accessible to those who hire me but are not members of MM (casting people, for example).

[ Wow, just realized this is a 3 year old thread! ] #why-was-this-resurrected?

How about a mercy lock?

Jul 18 16 09:06 pm Link

Model

malefica

Durham, England, United Kingdom

I've been tempted to get one on and off, but at the moment, Purpleport + social media works out just fine for me.

Jul 19 16 02:59 am Link

Model

Briy Gilgeous

New York, New York, US

Yes, I have my own website through Weebly and I bought my domain name. I did this to up my work and keep the focus on me.

Oct 25 17 02:01 pm Link