Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Non Union Production Listings in Los Angeles

Hair Stylist

John McCormick Hair

Los Angeles, California, US

Is there a central information portal for Non Union productions?  I have IMDB Pro, but it's really out of date alot of the time.  Am I missing some goldmine site where I can find contact info and reach out for on set Hair gigs?

Mar 12 13 03:24 pm Link

Photographer

Star

John McCormick Hair wrote:
Is there a central information portal for Non Union productions?  I have IMDB Pro, but it's really out of date alot of the time.  Am I missing some goldmine site where I can find contact info and reach out for on set Hair gigs?

nope. Your best bet is to assist an on set stylist and if you are good there will be trickle down jobs passed to you.

I miss Kathryn, she was the nicest lady.

Mar 12 13 03:33 pm Link

Hair Stylist

John McCormick Hair

Thanks, I realize the etiquette of getting on the set, I'm seeking info on where to find the sets to approach in the future.  Yes, Hollywood is a "who you know" town, but it also is a town of promoting your next big project.  So, again, has anyone found a quality source for pre produciton besides IMDB?  Maybe another networking site? Trade sites?

Mar 12 13 03:58 pm Link

Makeup Artist

JdP

Calabasas, California, US

Hey John,
I'm on a really useful facebook group "I Need A Production Crew" and they list non-union production work. Add me on facebook - Jessica deBen Polish - and I can add you to the group. Also, www.mandy.com is good for non-union. Hope that helps.

Mar 16 13 08:50 am Link

Makeup Artist

courthart

fantastic question! i get non-union referrals but ive been wondering if there was a place that even just lists what productions are union and which are not.......

Mar 16 13 06:53 pm Link

Hair Stylist

John McCormick Hair

Thanks...I hit you up on Facebook!  And Mandy is great!

Jessica deBen wrote:
Hey John,
I'm on a really useful facebook group "I Need A Production Crew" and they list non-union production work. Add me on facebook - Jessica deBen Polish - and I can add you to the group. Also, www.mandy.com is good for non-union. Hope that helps.

Mar 21 13 09:57 am Link

Makeup Artist

MelodyW Hair N Makeup

Had some luck with the Hollywood reporter  also AFI .... Jessica I'm going to pm you on that group. Trying to get days for union... Ug!

Apr 05 13 10:17 am Link

Makeup Artist

CassandraMartinezMakeup

I recently watched a video on YouTube about this, I have since forgotten the sites but the video is awesome, I know their is a list you can subscribe to its per month,

search, "GreeneStreet Beauty how to get more work"

that particular information comes a little later in the video, also check out HMAN - Hair and Makeup Artists Network , it is awesome!! I discovered them at The Makeup Show LA this year smile

Apr 16 13 12:54 am Link

Hair Stylist

John McCormick Hair

CassandraMartinezMakeup wrote:
I recently watched a video on YouTube about this, I have since forgotten the sites but the video is awesome, I know their is a list you can subscribe to its per month,

search, "GreeneStreet Beauty how to get more work"

that particular information comes a little later in the video, also check out HMAN - Hair and Makeup Artists Network , it is awesome!! I discovered them at The Makeup Show LA this year smile

Great video

Apr 24 13 02:59 pm Link