This thread was locked on 2014-01-07 14:38:37
Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Retouching Walkthrough and Analysis

Photographer

A-M-P

Orlando, Florida, US

Robert Randall wrote:
I wasn't paying that much attention... where did he use your name?

in the video description,

/*Searches related to natalia taffarel/*-+

Jan 07 14 10:33 am Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

I guess the better question is... how is he using your name? I replayed the ending and didn't hear your name mentioned, and after a search, I didn't see your name anywhere. I'm not familiar with what a video tag is.

Jan 07 14 10:34 am Link

Photographer

A-M-P

Orlando, Florida, US

Robert Randall wrote:
I guess the better question is... how is he using your name? I replayed the ending and didn't hear your name mentioned, and after a search, I didn't see your name anywhere. I'm not familiar with what a video tag is.

If you expand the about me section under the video

When you add a tag when someone searches that tag on youtube or on the web for example in this case the tag being the name Natalia Tafarell his video will pop up as related.

So the easy explanation when someone googles her name his videos will pop up.

Jan 07 14 10:36 am Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

A-M-P wrote:

in the video description,

/*Searches related to natalia taffarel/*-+

I copied what you posted and pasted it into the you tube search bar. This guy is the first person to come up. I don't get what's happening here, will you please explain?

Jan 07 14 10:41 am Link

Retoucher

FeatheredPixels

Port of Spain, Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago

Did I do something wrong again? O.o

Jan 07 14 10:41 am Link

Photographer

A-M-P

Orlando, Florida, US

Robert Randall wrote:
I copied what you posted and pasted it into the you tube search bar. This guy is the first person to come up. I don't get what's happening here, will you please explain?

Basically he is trying to use Natalia's name to get more hits on his videos. Since he knows that she has a large following this way when someone searches for her his video will pop up at the top.

Jan 07 14 10:44 am Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

A-M-P wrote:

If you expand the about me section under the video

When you add a tag when someone searches that tag on youtube or on the web for example in this case the tag being the name Natalia Tafarell his video will pop up as related.

So the easy explanation when someone googles her name his videos will pop up.

Thank you! The only problem now is that I can't see the about me section at the link.

Jan 07 14 10:45 am Link

Photographer

Giacomo Cirrincioni

Stamford, Connecticut, US

Robert Randall wrote:

A-M-P wrote:
Basically he is trying to use Natalia's name to get more hits on his videos. Since he knows that she has a large following this way when someone searches for her his video will pop up at the top.

Yep, it's a scumbag marketing move.  You know how you might be searching for someone selling ProFoto gear and then you get a hit and you click the link and you find out it's really for some cheap Chinese knock-off crap?  It's because they made ProFoto one of the searchable terms, even though they're selling junk.

I haven't watched these videos, so I have no idea if they're junk or not, I'm in no way making a comment on that, merely the practice of marketing ones wares off of the hard work of others.  Which is repugnant to me.

Jan 07 14 10:59 am Link

Retoucher

Natalia_Taffarel

Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina

FeatheredPixels wrote:
Did I do something illegal again? O.o

You have no morals or professional ethics what so ever...

Jan 07 14 11:06 am Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

I'm going to suggest in the MOD room that that they remove you from the site, if you don't remove the links Natalie is complaining about. I'll give you two days to conform to her wishes.

If you don't conform to her wishes, and they refuse to remove you, I'm going to tweet about you, which is something that carries quite a bit of weight. I'm not very active on FB, and I don't have all that many followers on Twitter, so on the surface it might seem like a hollow threat. However, when you consider that my tweets go directly to my Linked In account, as well as my Workbook data base account, it's quite possible that up to 36,000 members of the global marketing community will see my tweets. Based on feedback I'll receive from Stat Counter and Campaign Monitor, I might just keep tweeting until your name is as muddied as a Chicago street in the winter.

Why not be a good guy and just take care of this issue, after all, you can't possibly want the reputation this is affording you.

Jan 07 14 11:29 am Link

Photographer

Giacomo Cirrincioni

Robert Randall wrote:
I'm going to suggest in the MOD room that that they remove you from the site, if you don't remove the links Natalie is complaining about. I'll give you two days to conform to her wishes.

If you don't conform to her wishes, and they refuse to remove you, I'm going to tweet about you, which is something that carries quite a bit of weight. I'm not very active on FB, and I don't have all that many followers on Twitter, so on the surface it might seem like a hollow threat. However, when you consider that my tweets go directly to my Linked In account, as well as my Workbook data base account, it's quite possible that up to 36,000 members of the global marketing community will see my tweets. Based on feedback I'll receive from Stat Counter and Campaign Monitor, I might just keep tweeting until your name is as muddied as a Chicago street in the winter.

Why not be a good guy and just take care of this issue, after all, you can't possibly want the reputation this is affording you.

And Bob, this is only half the story.  I can't write everything I know here, but suffice it to say, if you did know the whole story, you wouldn't even give him two days...  I'm going to post this in the FG room now...

Jan 07 14 11:31 am Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

When you run into a bad apple, it's morally and ethically incumbent on you as a member of a professional group, a community, or even as a human being, to make sure you remove the rot before it affects the rest of the apples. In that light, I would like to share a strategy...

If a business entity, say an online magazine, based on their perception of a person derived from viewing that person's portfolio, were to publically post an interest in working with that person, what do you suppose would happen to that opportunity if the community members were to contact that business and alert them to aberrant behavior on the part of that person. This is just one thing a community can do to correct a problem.

Sorry for the run on sentence, I was using it to avoid the brig and still get my message across.

Hopefully the OP will come to his senses over this issue.

Jan 07 14 11:45 am Link

Photographer

J O H N A L L A N

Los Angeles, California, US

FeatheredPixels wrote:
Did I do something illegal again? O.o

Really scummy move guy. You should remove it without any further conversation accept to inform that it's been removed.

Jan 07 14 12:14 pm Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

It's gone.

Unless Natalia changed her name to Pascal Dangin. In that case it's still there.

big_smile

Jan 07 14 12:19 pm Link

Photographer

J O H N A L L A N

Robert Randall wrote:
... as a Chicago street in the winter.

oohh. Shudder, brrr. That brings back memories. Lost the body of my '87 Jaguar due to rot from being on Chicago winter streets.

Jan 07 14 12:31 pm Link

Photographer

A-M-P

Orlando, Florida, US

Artifice wrote:
It's gone.

Unless Natalia changed her name to Pascal Dangin. In that case it's still there.

big_smile

They are still on other videos. the below was copied from the about section on the videos.

krunoslav stifter
natalia taffarel
box studios
pascal dangin

Jan 07 14 12:31 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

A-M-P wrote:

They are still on other videos. the below was copied from the about section on the videos.

krunoslav stifter
natalia taffarel
box studios
pascal dangin

My threat still stands. Get rid of the errant tags. All of them.

Jan 07 14 12:38 pm Link

Retoucher

FeatheredPixels

Robert Randall wrote:

My threat still stands. Get rid of the errant tags. All of them.

Please don't threaten me.. You can do whatever you please sir. If the moderators have an issue with it they can message me personally or they can lock the thread...

the thread was intended to be educational I don't know why you natalia fans have to come and take it over with your negativity...

Hope you learnt a thing or two from the videos smile

happy new year everyone. smile

Jan 07 14 01:00 pm Link

Retoucher

Natalia_Taffarel

A-M-P wrote:

krunoslav stifter
natalia taffarel
box studios
pascal dangin

He only cares when he gets caught. NO REMORSE what so ever.

Apparently he now knows its unethical to do it with my name but he needs to be told about every name in particular.

He doesn't understand it's not me who he is hurting but PEOPLE who click on it confused by the search they did.

Apparently he doesn't see his actions as dishonest .

Either the OP is stupid or just a scumbag.

Jan 07 14 01:00 pm Link

Retoucher

Natalia_Taffarel

FeatheredPixels wrote:

Please don't threaten me.. You can do whatever you please sir. If the moderators have an issue with it they can message me personally or they can lock the thread...

the thread was intended to be educational I don't know why you natalia fans have to come and take it over with your negativity...

Hope you learnt a thing or two from the videos smile

happy new year everyone. smile

QFM

Evidently... Some people don't ever learn.

Jan 07 14 01:01 pm Link

Retoucher

FeatheredPixels

Natalia_Taffarel wrote:
He only cares when he gets caught. NO REMORSE what so ever.

Apparently he now knows its unethical to do it with my name but he needs to be told about every name in particular.

He doesn't understand it's not me who he is hurting but PEOPLE who click on it confused by the search they did.

Apparently he doesn't see his actions as dishonest .

Either the OP is stupid or just a scumbag.

And who are you to judge?

Jan 07 14 01:04 pm Link

Retoucher

Natalia_Taffarel

FeatheredPixels wrote:

And who are you to judge?

OMFG

Jan 07 14 01:06 pm Link

Retoucher

Greg K Retouching

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

Robert Randall wrote:
I'm not critiquing your work, I'm critiquing your video, which you asked us to do. I turned it off after 2:30 because all you did during that period was turn before and after layers on and off and said how much red you put into a conversion of the raw file. for two minutes and 30 seconds, you wasted my time and lost my interest.

You didn't miss much.

Not trying to be rude and not even going into your metatagging/SEO manipulation, but that was all you did for fifteen minutes.

I watched this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XCYWg6r … e=youtu.be

I love the look and wanted to know how to do it. I thought "wow, he must be really good to pull that off in fifteen minutes" so I sat through it. Believed I would get some info. Instead it was you clicking things on and off, explaining why you did this and that, what people said to convince you it needed to be done, etc.

And don't get me wrong, that's fine. There are countless videos out there of people working at a high rate of speed to simply show the beginning and after.

If you make a walkthrough, as it was claimed to be, then actually put the time into teaching people, and going step by step. Otherwise, you're just showing off. Sorry.

Jan 07 14 01:08 pm Link

Retoucher

FeatheredPixels

Natalia_Taffarel wrote:
Could you PLEASE stop using MY FUCKING NAME in your video tags?

Did you mention something about ethics and morals??

practice what you preach hun :*

Jan 07 14 01:09 pm Link

Photographer

Giacomo Cirrincioni

Robert Randall wrote:
... as a Chicago street in the winter.

J O H N  A L L A N wrote:
oohh. Shudder, brrr. That brings back memories. Lost the body of my '87 Jaguar due to rot from being on Chicago winter streets.

I lived there in '78.  It was like the movie Day After Tomorrow....

Jan 07 14 01:10 pm Link

Retoucher

FeatheredPixels

Stolen Fate Design wrote:

You didn't miss much.

Not trying to be rude and not even going into your metatagging/SEO manipulation, but that was all you did for fifteen minutes.

I watched this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XCYWg6r … e=youtu.be

I love the look and wanted to know how to do it. I thought "wow, he must be really good to pull that off in fifteen minutes" so I sat through it. Believed I would get some info. Instead it was you clicking things on and off, explaining why you did this and that, what people said to convince you it needed to be done, etc.

And don't get me wrong, that's fine. There are countless videos out there of people working at a high rate of speed to simply show the beginning and after.

If you make a walkthrough, as it was claimed to be, then actually put the time into teaching people, and going step by step. Otherwise, you're just showing off. Sorry.

Noted

Jan 07 14 01:11 pm Link

Retoucher

Natalia_Taffarel

FeatheredPixels wrote:
Did you mention something about ethics and morals??

practice what you preach hun :*

You really don't know what those words even mean, right?

Jan 07 14 01:19 pm Link

Retoucher

FeatheredPixels

ANYWAYS....

Any more constructive critiques on my most recent video???

Jan 07 14 01:26 pm Link

Retoucher

Sergio Manko

Lisbon, Lisboa e Vale do Tejo, Portugal

This is the most awkward thing I've witnessed on MM.

Jan 07 14 02:21 pm Link

Retoucher

PJKPostproductions

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland

Well its great that you're putting effort into educating people with what you know, but you really have got to rehearse before hand. I like your idea of what your doing with the videos but your videos would be more helpful if you actually did the work there and then rather than show what you did, you need to keep it interesting smile

You really need to be careful with what you say, some things you say in the video can be taken as insulting and degrading.

When it comes to making retouching videos, its not only about being a good retoucher, you have to be a good communicator as well and be able to get the point across, and is some of the videos i didn't actually get the point you were trying to make?

Also on a side note if i were you i wouldn't be using anyone else's name to gain exposer without there permission or even relevance?!

but its great to see your work smile

Jan 07 14 02:34 pm Link