KonstantKarma

Campobello, South Carolina, US

Of course I'll go out with you! wink

Mar 24 13 06:34 am Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Damianne wrote:

Tell him you're excited when he agrees, people love to be told they're liked.
Once he's already agreed to the activity, it's not really clingy to be excited to do said activity with him. It's not like "I'm really excited to one day marry you and here's my scrapbook of our outfits for that day" tongue

lol. No, no scrapbook and if I did something like that, I would NEVER admit it to anyone, not even to myself!

Mar 24 13 06:46 am Link

Model

Koryn

Damianne wrote:

Tell him you're excited when he agrees, people love to be told they're liked.
Once he's already agreed to the activity, it's not really clingy to be excited to do said activity with him. It's not like "I'm really excited to one day marry you and here's my scrapbook of our outfits for that day" tongue

lol. No, no scrapbook and if I did something like that, I would NEVER admit it to anyone, not even to myself!

Mar 24 13 06:46 am Link

Model

Koryn

scrymettet wrote:
fuck the etiquette.
go for it and report.
if you disappear for a week,we will assume you are getting the sweaty sex you deserve.

If I disappear for a week, it will be because I was so stressed out from work that I had to check myself into a psychiatric ward.

Mar 24 13 06:49 am Link

Photographer

L A F

Davenport, Iowa, US

Sometimes you just have to take the initiative.

A while back, I started talking to a guy who seemed really awesome.  He did the whole "lets not mince words, you're awesome, lets go out" and we went back and forth on what we should do since neither of us knew our schedules.  We both knew we had a certain Saturday free, but that was two weeks down the line but I didn't want to wait that long to meet him.  I told him I had tickets for a show that Saturday, because I did, but that I felt it was more appropriate for a second date.  :winking emoticon:

He did the "oh really" thing and I joked with him that I would totally be down for seeing the show with him, but that I only go on second dates if a guy is really awesome, and the first date is a great one.  I said it jokingly, we kept it playful, and our first date was a blast.

Not saying that's what you should do here, I think being forward is always the best, but when you're nervous about it the joking initiative works.  It takes some of the pressure off but shows that you're definitely interested.

Mar 24 13 09:16 am Link

Model

Gabrielle Heather

Middle Island, New York, US

scrymettet wrote:
fuck the etiquette.
go for it and report.
if you disappear for a week,we will assume you are getting the sweaty sex you deserve.

great advice. Do what feels right. You dont want to regret not doing something.

Mar 24 13 11:34 am Link

Photographer

scrymettet

Quebec, Quebec, Canada

Koryn Locke wrote:

If I disappear for a week, it will be because I was so stressed out from work that I had to check myself into a psychiatric ward.

Dear 'Mr Wonderful', I spent some great time hanging out with you, I would love to do it again. Soon.

Mar 24 13 11:38 am Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

San Diego Country Estates, California, US

scrymettet wrote:

Dear 'Mr Wonderful', I spent some great time hanging out with you, I would love to do it again. Soon.

And often.

And maybe horizontally.

Mar 24 13 11:58 am Link

Model

Gabrielle Heather

Lawrence Guy wrote:
And often.

And maybe horizontally.

right, but not everything has to be about sex, or boobs, or sexual, always. Breathe.

Mar 24 13 12:11 pm Link

Photographer

scrymettet

Quebec, Quebec, Canada

Gabrielle Heather wrote:

right, but not everything has to be about sex, or boobs, or sexual, always. Breathe.

scary

tongue

Mar 24 13 12:34 pm Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

Gabrielle Heather wrote:

Not everything I write is about sex, or boobs, or sexual, always. Breathe.

Mar 24 13 12:38 pm Link

Model

Koryn

I sent it last night. No response so far. Every time someone texts me, I'm flying to the phone. Lol. Starting to maybe give up.

But, even if he never responds, well I shot some pin-up today. I 've never really shot "good" pin-up before, ever, so I'm happy. I'm going to go lift weights and eat a giant burrito. Whatever.

Mar 24 13 12:52 pm Link

Photographer

scrymettet

Quebec, Quebec, Canada

Koryn Locke wrote:
I sent it last night. No response so far. Every time someone texts me, I'm flying to the phone. Lol. Starting to maybe give up.

But, even if he never responds, well I shot some pin-up today. I 've never really shot "good" pin-up before, ever, so I'm happy. I'm going to go lift weights and eat a giant burrito. Whatever.

sad

borat on being happy
lift weights for me

Mar 24 13 12:54 pm Link

Model

Gabrielle Heather

scrymettet wrote:
sad

borat on being happy
lift weights for me

eat and get healthy for me too

Mar 24 13 12:56 pm Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

Koryn Locke wrote:

sad

Mar 24 13 12:57 pm Link

Photographer

L A F

Davenport, Iowa, US

Koryn Locke wrote:

Oh lady, I know the feeling.  I always try to temper my expectations, because I hate getting really excited for something that never happens, and it's totally not fair for the other people to try to live up to what I've created in my mind.  That being said, it's really hard to not expect a text, or think that you're going to look at your phone and see their name and then you don't.

Give it time.  He may just be busy, or maybe he's not very good at checking his phone , or maybe he's just not that into text messaging and prefers other ways of communicating.

Focus on you, which you're already doing.  If he texts back, awesome.  If not, you're still awesome.

Also, I can't wait to see the results of the shoot!

Mar 24 13 01:03 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

"...he asked if I wanted to go sailing this summer,"

Can you swim?
Do you throw up at the slightest boat movement?

I once had a date turn green on a boat ride, and ended up spewing food chucks all over my khakis.

If he wants to see you after an upchuck, you have a keeper
Stop the formalities. He may be doing the same thing, and you guys are wasting time.

Mar 24 13 01:14 pm Link

Model

Koryn

UnoMundo wrote:
"...he asked if I wanted to go sailing this summer,"

Can you swim?
Do you throw up at the slightest boat movement?

I once had a date turn green on a boat ride, and ended up spewing food chucks all over my khakis.

If he wants to see you after an upchuck, you have a keeper
Stop the formalities. He may be doing the same thing, and you guys are wasting time.

I can't swim but I look great in a life jacket and no, I don't get motion sickness. I've been boating, tubing & kayaking. None of them made me remotely ill.

I asked last night. No response. I'm going to stop fantasizing about having him in my bed now, because no answer is generally THE answer

Mar 24 13 01:38 pm Link

Model

Damianne

Austin, Texas, US

Koryn Locke wrote:

I can't swim but I look great in a life jacket and no, I don't get motion sickness. I've been boating, tubing & kayaking. None of them made me remotely ill.

I asked last night. No response. I'm going to stop fantasizing about having him in my bed now, because no answer is generally THE answer

not over just one evening.

Calm thyself. Love thyself.

Mar 24 13 02:01 pm Link

Model

Damianne

Austin, Texas, US

Mar 24 13 02:01 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Laura Ann - Fashion wrote:

Also, I can't wait to see the results of the shoot!

me either. I shot figure work for so long, I think I sort of forgot I have a face, and that it photographs really well, and is pretty.

Mar 24 13 02:19 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Damianne wrote:

not over just one evening.

Calm thyself. Love thyself.

I guess I'm not used to people not being into using their phones. I try to return messages and calls within a couple hours. It's a priority to me to be prompt in communications. I know different people are different.

Mar 24 13 02:21 pm Link

Photographer

Kincaid Blackwood

Los Angeles, California, US

Koryn Locke wrote:
…because no answer is generally THE answer

You only asked him a day ago.

Mar 24 13 02:51 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Kincaid Blackwood wrote:

You only asked him a day ago.

This is the Age of Twitter. It's not like you have to deliver a love letter on horseback anymore.

Mar 24 13 03:27 pm Link

Photographer

Kincaid Blackwood

Los Angeles, California, US

Koryn Locke wrote:
This is the Age of Twitter. It's not like you have to deliver a love letter on horseback anymore.

That's a precariously problematic angle to take.

Consider the implications and ramifications. The expectation is that a quick response is not only deserved but a response that is not quick is somehow a sign of something. It assumes the other person is not engaged in otherwise consuming activities. It assumes that the other person is making you wait purposely and, therefore, playing games. It assumes that the other person has seen the invitation and is ignoring it or intentionally delaying his/her response. It assumes that there are not a host of reasons why a person might not get back to you within 24 hours.

There are many reasons. You asked yesterday. He might not have seen it. He might have seen it and is checking on some things first and has chosen not to respond until he has a definitive answer. You know, some people take "Thanks for the invitation; let me look at my schedule." to be a politely stated "Go fuck yourself." And before you argue that, consider that you've taken the radio silence (the origin of which is only speculation) and effectively embraced it as the same statement.

Come on. Give the guy at least 48 hours before you go breaking up with him. I mean, maybe it's a fuck you but how can you know that after a day? The only thing to assume is that he just hasn't gotten around to it yet. Which isn't getting your hopes up: assuming that he will automatically say "Yes." would be getting your hopes up. Acknowledging that he just hasn't responded is nothing more than accepting the obvious at face value and moving on. You're doing right by going about your business but reading something into his non-response is reaching.

Mar 24 13 04:10 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Kincaid Blackwood wrote:
...  The only thing to assume is that he just hasn't gotten around to it yet. Which isn't getting your hopes up: assuming that he will automatically say "Yes." would be getting your hopes up. Acknowledging that he just hasn't responded is nothing more than accepting the obvious at face value and moving on. You're doing right by going about your business but reading something into his non-response is reaching.

Reading your post, I went downstairs to heat some corn in the microwave, and I got to thinking ; my life is very driven by the perception of time online == FAST. I network, socialize, do everything online, so I'm used to this sort of frenetic, bizarre sense of timing in communication exchanges.

He's basically a career academic, working in a lab, and obviously pretty obsessed with that lifestyle. His sense of time, and communication is likely to  be different than my own. I remember when I was younger, and involved in a more academic life, time felt slower to me then too. I had a cell phone, but I never used it. I think academics do have a different pace of life.

Mar 24 13 04:36 pm Link

Photographer

Zebadiah _MI

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Koryn Locke wrote:

And if you do, women get all creeped out by it.

Mar 24 13 05:29 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Zebadiah _MI wrote:

And if you do, women get all creeped out by it.

I would just think it was funny.

Mar 24 13 05:37 pm Link

Photographer

scrymettet

Quebec, Quebec, Canada

Koryn Locke wrote:

that would denote dedication,for sure

Mar 24 13 05:46 pm Link

Model

Koryn

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

https://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll225/mia-plur/ExcitedJump.gif

Mar 24 13 06:09 pm Link

Model

Damianne

Austin, Texas, US

Koryn Locke wrote:

I guess I'm not used to people not being into using their phones. I try to return messages and calls within a couple hours. It's a priority to me to be prompt in communications. I know different people are different.

He could also just be checking his schedule

Mar 24 13 06:14 pm Link

Model

Damianne

Austin, Texas, US

Koryn Locke wrote:

Is that a yes

Model

Damianne

Austin, Texas, US

Koryn Locke wrote:

I'm leaving the over abundance of jumps

Model

Koryn

https://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac159/GIFsforhire/Dancing/gogogo.gif

https://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn236/LaceannDomination/GIF/14xfdk8.gif

https://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo298/evilcandi/dancingHappy.gif

Mar 24 13 06:18 pm Link

Photographer

scrymettet

Quebec, Quebec, Canada

Damianne wrote:

Is that a yes

I think it is

Mar 24 13 06:18 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Damianne wrote:

Is that a yes

Yes, my friend, that was a yes.

Mar 24 13 06:19 pm Link

Photographer

scrymettet

Quebec, Quebec, Canada

Koryn Locke wrote:
[img]http:/gif[/img]

*high five*

Mar 24 13 06:19 pm Link

Model

Koryn

scrymettet wrote:

*high five*

High fives for all!

Mar 24 13 06:24 pm Link

Photographer

Zebadiah _MI

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Koryn Locke wrote:

You say that now....

but if you meant it, it's another one of those cruel tricks life likes to play on me

And congrats on the date!

Mar 24 13 08:47 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Two Pears Studio

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Koryn Locke wrote:
When is it appropriate to "suggest" you see someone again, if you already socialized with them once, had a lot of fun and THEY suggested a variety of activities to do together for the future during that outing, but never directly followed up with you immediately afterward?

Specifically: I met someone for lunch and coffee last Sunday afternoon. We ended up spending something like 5 hours together. It was sort of like some holy power had extracted the essence of all the sex fantasies of my youth, poured them into a bottle, then alchemied that bottle of fantasies into a human form, gave it a degree from MIT, and handed it to me last Sunday.

During the time we were together, he asked if I wanted to go sailing this summer, and proposed a couple of other things we could do together at some point in the future. They were all fucking awesome. I was pretty much thinking over and over in my head, for five hours, "omgomgomg i-can't-believe-this-is-real-and-this-person-exists-anywhere-outside-of-my-imagination." Then, he sort of disappeared all week, so I sent him a link to an article about some mind-blowing black hole shit, with a crazy star orbiting around it -- even though I'm pretty sure he's already read every bad-ass science article of epic awesomeness I could ever send. He responded the next morning, and sent me his gmail chat name thing, said I "should have it," and approved my facebook friend request. Never mentioned meeting up for a second time, so I've had a sad since yesterday.

I realized that, maybe, the reason this person does not have a girlfriend, or five, or ten, is because he is not very ... aggressive in pursuit. He came across as pretty quiet and mild-mannered, and so I guess that turns it over onto me now - which I fucking hate, because I don't really like to take charge of anything.

It will be one week tomorrow; would it be too soon to send a message asking something, really goofy, along the lines of, "So, when are we going to go to the Museum of Bad Art that you mentioned? I can't wait to have my eyes opened, my aesthetic senses honed, my very soul left breathless by a significant dose of the most unfortunate creative renderings humankind has to offer." I figured he would laugh at that, and it wouldn't sound too serious.

There is always the possibility of this being a case of, 'They're just not that into you,' and I really misinterpreted everything.

This is why I love you. There is an innocence and wisdom going on in you. You are a bundle of duality. "Patience is a virtue" is a saying for a reason. I want to squeeze you and hold you and tell you it will all be okay. I want to find this man and tell him to find you and satisfy your heart... for now. As my guess is that you would out grow him pretty soon.

His non response is not about you. It is about him... it could be he is busy... his email was hacked... he lost his keys... he is scared of commitment,.. what ever... but it is not about you. The moment you get that it will all work out in the end... you will be able to see it is not over... because it hasn't worked out yet.

Mar 25 13 06:58 am Link