Forums > General Industry > Early morning shoot, wake up sick

Photographer

Rob Photosby

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Yosh Studio wrote:
Yeah, i guess its the difference between work and play.

but if I had a full test with a team set up today, and a model just called this morning and said she was feeling under the weather....no cool what so ever

Fred Gerhart wrote:
I think we have all been bit in one way or the other by cancellations. That why I now double book all trade/test work.

So how do you handle it when both bookings turn up?

Mar 29 13 05:47 pm Link

Photographer

Rob Photosby

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Good Egg Productions wrote:

To me? Yes.

I am not the type of person who just wakes up one morning so sick I can't function. I know about two to three days prior when I'm getting ill. Unless I had 11 beers last night. So I don't have any empathy for anyone waking up "sick".

If it were me, you'd have to bend over backward pretty far to make a reschedule happen if I got up really early (not a fan of early mornings) got showered and loaded up the car with gear only to get that call that I could have just slept in.

I'm not saying that you're lying or that you're irresponsible, but if you did it to me, I wouldn't be able to keep myself from thinking that.

I would have a similar reaction. 

It would be in your best interests to demonstrate to the photographer that you really are too ill to shoot, as opposed to hung over, tired, or some minor ailment of no real consequence - possibly via a quick courtesy visit that says "I regret that I am in no shape to do the shoot, but I value your time sufficiently to make the effort to show you the fact of the matter".

Mar 29 13 05:59 pm Link

Photographer

Natural Means

Yamba, New South Wales, Australia

Valerie Kelly wrote:
So what do you do if you wake up for a morning shoot feeling under the weather? I called a photographer when I woke up to advise that I am not feeling well...no answer to the phone. Does this look bad?

I think a call,or text saying "On way, not feeling great so don't come too close!" is best way to handle it.

Dose up with water, apple juice and paracetamol (or whatever you poison is) and do your best.

Mar 30 13 06:46 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

natural beauties of qld wrote:

So how do you handle it when both bookings turn up?

I shoot with both!  That's how I handle it.  Don't know about others here, but I love a party!  wink  Of course, I am my own boss, and don't work for clients, so it's different for everyone of us.

Mar 30 13 07:33 pm Link

Photographer

Bravo Magic Images

Temple City, California, US

Unless your dieing you should show up shoot and get it over with it may bring up your levels up if not he or she will see what a tropper you are maybe hire you again for an other gig.

Mar 30 13 07:36 pm Link