Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Dr Who returns tomorrow

Photographer

FLI Images

Leeds, England, United Kingdom

For those Dr Who fans out there the show resumes in the UK tomorrow and presumably other countries will also be receiving it.

Mar 29 13 11:52 am Link

Photographer

KonstantKarma

Campobello, South Carolina, US

Squee.

Mar 29 13 11:54 am Link

Photographer

Wildcat Photography

Valparaiso, Indiana, US

Yes!!!

Mar 29 13 01:02 pm Link

Photographer

Jason Haven

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Can't wait. big_smile

It's been a bit frustrating the scheduling they've done for this 'season'. I like the new companion, she seems quick witted.

Mar 29 13 01:54 pm Link

Photographer

Dario Western

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Whopeee-do!! :-D

Mar 29 13 03:20 pm Link

Photographer

FLI Images

There are a lot of rumours that this year's Christmas special will be Matt Smith's last appearance as the Doctor.

Mar 29 13 03:27 pm Link

Model

DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT

Čaġčarān, Ġawr, Afghanistan

No! I love that bowtied man sad

Mar 29 13 03:28 pm Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Mary Thomson wrote:
No! I love that bowtied man sad

I heard a rumor that James May, from UK Top Gear, will be the next Doctor. I do hope Matt Smith is here for a while longer though.

Mar 30 13 08:10 am Link

Photographer

Vector 38

Austin, Texas, US

Mar 30 13 01:49 pm Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Im watching it right now! So far, not my favorite episode.

Mar 30 13 05:36 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Robb Mann wrote:
Im watching it right now! So far, not my favorite episode.

I agree. Not the most compelling story.

Seemed like too much flash and not enough substance.

Mar 31 13 05:41 am Link

Photographer

Robert Feliciano

New York, New York, US

I liked the direction and production values, looks like they're spending a little more money. However, I agree, the story was a repeat of a dozen others.
The new companion is awesome.

Mar 31 13 08:39 am Link

Photographer

John Photography

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

And "The Bells Of St Johns" was pretty meh.

Mar 31 13 08:42 am Link

Photographer

John Photography

Robb Mann wrote:
I heard a rumor that James May, from UK Top Gear, will be the next Doctor. I do hope Matt Smith is here for a while longer though.

The Stig should be the next Doctor.

Lara Pulver if they want to go in another direction.

Mar 31 13 08:43 am Link

Photographer

photoimager

Stoke-on-Trent, England, United Kingdom

'twas not a good start.

Mar 31 13 12:08 pm Link

Photographer

Peter Claver

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I thought it was great.

Mar 31 13 12:09 pm Link

Photographer

The Spaces Between

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

last season was only half a season. Hopefully they go back to a full storyline and season this time!

Mar 31 13 01:05 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

I hope Steven Moffat hasn't run out of ideas. Maybe he should hook up with D.C. Fontana or Harlan Ellison for some new storylines...

Mar 31 13 01:25 pm Link

Photographer

FLI Images

I thought it was a bit silly but liked the Twitter joke.

Mar 31 13 02:37 pm Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

It was the weakest Clara episode by far. Least scarry monster by far, weakest of Moffetts 'eyeless' monsters, worst name ever for a monster 'Spoonhead', least suspenceful episode, etc.

Highlight of the episode was the Dr dressed as a monk. (If you caught the mini-prequell a young Clara tells the Dr to go somewhere quiet to look for what hes lost).

So, both Clara and the Dr are mad computer hackers now. But computer hacking is a really boring skill to watch on TV, and a really bad way to move the plot forward. And if the Dr was so good at hacking, why not hack the planes autopilot and level it out?

Apr 01 13 03:59 am Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Frank Lewis Photography wrote:
I hope Steven Moffat hasn't run out of ideas. Maybe he should hook up with D.C. Fontana or Harlan Ellison for some new storylines...

Did you hear that Peter Jackson offered to write an episode? His price? One Dalek.

Apr 01 13 04:01 am Link

Photographer

Jason Haven

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Wasn't too into it. Clara went from being dynamic and strong to just another damsel in distress. Hopefully she gets back to her snarky strong character of the first two episodes she was featured in.

Apr 01 13 04:29 pm Link

Photographer

John Photography

Frank Lewis Photography wrote:

Steven Moffat's just not that clever. I think he comes from the JJ Abrams school of writing, "make stuff up and keep people guessing."

Ever since Lost, JJ Abrams has inspired a whole new style of "Sci-Fi" writers where plot consistency and coherency is replaced by disjointed jerky movement from moment to moment, with each moment only consistent in itself with only a very loose logic connection to other moments.

This disjointed series is meant to convey a false sense of depth where fans make up whatever bullshit hey want to fill in the gaps which in turn saves the writers from having to actually have any cleverness or originality or coherency in the plot..

And what an abomination is the TARDIS console room. What the hell is that crap on top of the time rotor with spining symbols? Is it a Stargate?

Apr 01 13 07:20 pm Link

Model

Frances Jewel

Dayton, Ohio, US

Robb Mann wrote:

LMAO! Never believe anything that comes out of Jeremy Clarkson's mouth!!

Apr 01 13 07:49 pm Link

Photographer

The Photo Pro

Osprey, Florida, US

I have been a fan of Dr. Who for the past 20 years and I have witnessed the decline of the Dr character as the shows creators have tired to make him more mainstream and likeable.  I agree with the comments posted here about the overt cleanliness of the TARDIS control room, that is just not the Dr.

I think my all time favorite Dr. Who was David Tenant and my favorite companion was Donna Noble.  Donna brought out the humanity in the Dr. and she was funny.  I have a couple of the David Tenant/Dr. Who DVD sets and I am on the prowl for the rest of them.

I caught a re-run of Dr. Who on Sunday and they were showing "The End of Time" which is right up there on my list of all time Dr. Who favs.

I know that the show will continue to change as it evolves but I hope they don't ruin it too much for those who watch it.

Apr 02 13 11:57 am Link

Photographer

Peter Claver

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

The Photo Pro wrote:
I agree with the comments posted here about the overt cleanliness of the TARDIS control room, that is just not the Dr.

Really?

https://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/57/51a9bc58477cafd949111dd722a2a763/l.jpg

Apr 02 13 12:25 pm Link

Photographer

John Photography

Peter Claver wrote:

Really?

https://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/57/51a9bc58477cafd949111dd722a2a763/l.jpg

I love that version of the console.

Apr 06 13 07:29 am Link