Forums > Model Colloquy > Suicide girls

Model

Miss Gothy

South Gate, California, US

Hello I have a question to everyone who is familiar with suicide girls and have worked with them or know anyone who worked with them.
Pretty much I have been thinking of modeling for them but the only reason why I haven't applied is because I don't want to take my sweet time filling out paper work and sending my document to them just to be told at the end that I won't e accepted fully as a model. Well what I want to know basically is it worth trying? And what are pros and cons of it. Well that's all and thanks for taking your time to read this. smile

Apr 13 13 05:00 pm Link

Photographer

Kezins Photography

Beckley, West Virginia, US

Suicide Girls has a committee that does the final approval of models to become Suicide Girls, but the primary way to get accepted is to have a set with generally a minimum of 97% love.  Your activity on the site and comments you receive on sets are also part of the equation.  It's definitely not an easy task having your sets purchased.  Even some approved Suicide Girls who have been around a while have sets that aren't purchased.  Many of the models take those sets down and sell them on Zivity.  I don't have any knowledge about Zivity though.

Suicide Girls sets all have a similar style/look to them.  If your photographer isn't up to snuff, it's practically impossible to sell a set.

I've been a regular member there for years and have a few friends who model for them.  I've never done photography for a set though.  They also have Suicide Girls approved photographers if you are lucky enough to have one in your area.

Apr 13 13 05:08 pm Link

Photographer

Kezins Photography

I think accounts for "hopefuls" are free for a limited period of time too if you want to check it out.  Don't quote me on that. They were free the last time I checked.

Apr 13 13 05:15 pm Link

Model

Miss Gothy

Thank you for replying to me I'll keep it in my mind smile

Apr 13 13 05:26 pm Link

Photographer

Kezins Photography

Miss Gothy wrote:
Thank you for replying to me I'll keep it in my mind smile

Are you on Facebook?  Most of the Suicide Girls are also on there and quite a few wouldn't mind answering more specific questions.  Most are very friendly.

Apr 13 13 05:28 pm Link

Model

Evie Wolfe

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

Here is a link to the 'forum search' option on MM - https://www.modelmayhem.com/sitesearch/forums
Type in 'Suicide Girls'
I would recommend reading a couple of the longer threads that appear. You might also want to consider contacting some current and former suicide girls, they will be able to give you a better insight into how they choose their girls smile I don't know many who are active on this forum to help you.

Apr 13 13 05:29 pm Link

Model

Miss Gothy

Yes, I do have a Facebook Ill look through it to see if I can find someone to ask question too. Thanks again.

Apr 13 13 05:30 pm Link

Model

Miss Gothy

Evie_Wolfe wrote:
Here is a link to the 'forum search' option on MM - https://www.modelmayhem.com/sitesearch/forums
Type in 'Suicide Girls'
I would recommend reading a couple of the longer threads that appear. You might also want to consider contacting some current and former suicide girls, they will be able to give you a better insight into how they choose their girls smile I don't know many who are active on this forum to help you.

Thanks for the the help I was looking through some and there more cons than pro hmm

Apr 13 13 05:35 pm Link

Model

Evie Wolfe

Miss Gothy wrote:
Thanks for the the help I was looking through some and there more cons than pro hmm

It certainly seems that the opinion on this site sways that way, yes.

However, I still think you should contact some girls what have used and are using the site, and see their opinions on it. The only way to make a good decision is to get as much information as possible and make the right choice for you smile

And remember, if you are put off from Suicide Girls but still like the idea of selling sets online, do some research on God's Girls and Zivity. It is, by all accounts, no easy way to make money! But it can (apparently) be great for making friends, exploring modelling and having fun.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do smile

Apr 13 13 05:42 pm Link

Photographer

Kezins Photography

Evie is right.  Your best information will come from the models...past and present.  You can easily find most of them on Facebook like I mentioned.

Apr 13 13 05:53 pm Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

The OP doesn't do nudes. SG - REQUIRES - nudes.

Studio36

Apr 13 13 06:26 pm Link

Photographer

Kezins Photography

studio36uk wrote:

Studio36

Didn't see her mention that anywhere.  I thought it was obvious they require nudes.

Apr 13 13 06:34 pm Link

Model

Evie Wolfe

studio36uk wrote:

Studio36

Oh yes, I see - having said that, saying 'no' to the nudes option on MM doesn't necessarily mean that Ms Gothy isn't open to doing nudes at all, I suppose. I didn't know SG requires nudes (thought I will admit to my knowledge on the site being greatly limited), I thought it was just expected if you wanted to make money from it.
Learn something new every day, I suppose.

Apr 13 13 06:42 pm Link

Model

Miss Gothy

Yeah I wasn't going to do nudes just for anyone but SG has there own professional photographer so I was considering it to be a starter for me but I'm re thinking of it. I did research and seem like its still more cons hmm

Apr 13 13 06:51 pm Link

Model

Evie Wolfe

Miss Gothy wrote:
Yeah I wasn't going to do nudes just for anyone but SG has there own professional photographer so I was considering it to be a starter for me but I'm re thinking of it. I did research and seem like its still more cons hmm

That is understandable, it is a big step for any model especially a new one, and it is good that you're thinking about it as regards what you want from the experience smile

What was it about their photographers that you liked? Was it the references? Did you see a particular photographer whose work you admired?

Apr 13 13 06:58 pm Link

Photographer

F-1 Photo

New York, New York, US

You've been on this site since November and still have no professional photos posted yet. Perhaps you should do a few shoots to get your feet wet and develop a presence in front of the camera before going through the application process. Your chances of being accepted might increase.

Apr 13 13 07:04 pm Link

Photographer

Mike Adams Photos

Cleveland, Ohio, US

F-1 Photo wrote:
You've been on this site since November and still have no professional photos posted yet. Perhaps you should do a few shoots to get your feet wet and develop a presence in front of the camera before going through the application process. Your chances of being accepted might increase.

+1

Get out and shoot!

Apr 13 13 07:09 pm Link

Photographer

eybdoog

New York, New York, US

one suggestion. It seems like you are looking for a way to not go through with submitting to SG, yet you seem very interested in them. The old saying "you don't know unless you try" comes into play too. I'm not saying to do anything that doesn't make you comfortable, but sometimes you have to go knocking on the doors of the gate keepers and kick them in if you want something bad enough. I have personally found that the more that I look for pro's and con's instead of simply trying, the more I procrastinate and opportunities slip away.  Like Evie mentions, it is a big step for a new model, but everyone starts somewhere.  Asking others if you might get accepted or not (including former/current SG models) is not going to give you a definitive answer also. You will gain valuable information on the submission process to give you a heads up on what you might go through, but no one can give you the answer of if you will or will not be accepted unless you submit and get the answer from the horses mouth (the panel). So if you are interested in trying, maybe find a photographer who's work is up to par with SG and that you admire, and open a channel of discussion too to give it a shot. good luck

Apr 13 13 07:10 pm Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Will Snizek wrote:

studio36uk wrote:

Studio36

Didn't see her mention that anywhere.  I thought it was obvious they require nudes.

Read her profile

Studio36

Apr 13 13 07:12 pm Link

Model

Miss Gothy

F-1 Photo wrote:

Actually I was thinking the same. The main reason why I haven't shot is because I haven't really been able to get online till recently and most messages I got were from December and January. Anyways thanks

Apr 13 13 07:18 pm Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Will Snizek wrote:
Many of the models take those sets down and sell them on Zivity.

That's interesting considering the SG owns the copyright at the point and time of submission. They obtain that from the photographer not the model. And, even if they didn't / don't the model has no inherent right to submit, much less sell, the images elsewhere unless they are licensed to use the images. A submission to SG that SG chooses not to use doesn't establish such a license.

Studio36

Apr 13 13 07:20 pm Link

Photographer

Kezins Photography

studio36uk wrote:
That's interesting considering the SG owns the copyright at the point and time of submission. They obtain that from the photographer not the model. And, even if they didn't / don't the model has no inherent right to submit, much less sell, the images elsewhere unless they are licensed to use the images. A submission to SG that SG chooses not to use doesn't establish such a license.

Studio36

Not true.  They only own copyright on sets they pay for.  You can remove any set after its been in Member Review for 90 days and hasn't been purchased.

http://suicidegirls.com/girlsfaq/

Models on the site mention the practice all the time in their blogs too with links to the sets on Zivity.  I doubt SG would let them post about it if it wasn't allowed.

Apr 13 13 07:43 pm Link

Photographer

ontherocks

Salem, Oregon, US

regarding zivity, any zivity member (including myself) can give you a 30-day free trial. if you can get a set approved (to date all of mine have been approved although only a couple got to be an "editor's pick") within your trial period then you are a member and don't need to pay any dues. some of the more popular models are able to make a few hundred a month. self-shot sets are allowed.

Apr 13 13 08:33 pm Link

Model

Lindsay Ryan

Los Angeles, California, US

I'm not sure about SG but I haven't heard good things about their contracts, and in fact if you google them they have been sued by a number of their own models but I can't recall why.

My friend Luci was one in 06 and is still on the site just less active. I think they had a bad reputation at first because of how strict the contracts were compared to other alike sites.

but do your research before you get into it, not just on here but use google and yahoo to your advantage as well as asking members, you can find luci on facebook

Apr 14 13 02:12 am Link

Model

Lindsay Ryan

Los Angeles, California, US

Apr 14 13 02:16 am Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Will Snizek wrote:
Not true.  They only own copyright on sets they pay for.  You can remove any set after its been in Member Review for 90 days and hasn't been purchased.

http://suicidegirls.com/girlsfaq/

Models on the site mention the practice all the time in their blogs too with links to the sets on Zivity.  I doubt SG would let them post about it if it wasn't allowed.

I don't give a s**t what their FAQ says. The FAQ is at direct odds with the written assignment of ALL RIGHTS that the photographer is REQUIRED TO SIGN. The model is completely out of that loop. The rights to the images are NOT cycling through the model's hands. The model has no say in it and the model is NOT obtaining any rights themselves by way of that agreement. It is strictly an agreement between the photographer and SG.

If you [as the photographer] try and go into court citing that FAQ and SG shows up with a copyright assignment signed, sealed and delivered [and quoted below] guess who is going to be laughed right out of the courtroom?

If the model does something with the images that SG objects to, and as litigious as they are, guess who's going to get it in the neck?

Lastly, if for some reason the photographer's rights assignment is held to be invalid, the rights would revert to them NOT to the model.

THE INFAMOUS FAQ
https://studio36.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/SG_FAQ_Assignment_lie.jpg

BUT THEN THE ACTUAL INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY ASSIGNMENT

[in part - emphasis is mine]
2. Assignment. Without reservation or limitation, Photographer hereby irrevocably transfers, sells, assigns, delivers and conveys to SG all rights, title and interest in and to the Photos as of the moment of the Photos creation and all rights, title and interest in and to the Photos in any format (e.g., paper or electronic) and all corresponding negatives or other component parts, whether or not delivered to SG. Photographer also grants SG its affiliates, agents, successors, licensees and assigns a worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, fully paid up right and license to use Photographer’s name in connection with any Photos. No rights of any kind are reserved to or by Photographer or shall revert to Photographer who expressly waives any rights of attribution or integrity.

Nothing there that makes the assignment conditional on acceptance of the photos only "after member review". There is a payment clause in the agreement and so the photographer will have been paid with a short term subscription to the SG site as set out.

3. Consideration. Subject to Photographer’s fulfillment of Photographer’s obligations herein, SG shall provide Photographer with a free three (3) month membership to the SG website upon the full execution of this Assignment.

Will Snizek wrote:
Not true.  They only own copyright on sets they pay for.

The photographer HAS BEEN PAID IAW "3. Consideration." They are explicitly agreeing that they have been fully compensated. There is absolutely no provision agreeing that SG will pay the photographer anything else, in any form, or any cash money at all, at any time in the future. Nothing!

When it comes to the model there is also no agreement to actually pay them either. It could happen that they are paid something but nothing dictating that they must be paid unless a certain narrow set of circumstances transpire after SG publishes the images. That narrow set of circumstances may or may not occur. If they do not, then the model gets zip.

We've been over this and over it, again, and again, for several years. You guys still don't seem to "get it"! DUH!!!!

Studio36

Apr 14 13 03:42 am Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

studio36uk wrote:
We've been over this and over it, again, and again, for several years. You guys still don't seem to "get it"! DUH!!!!

Studio36

Guys, you mean singular, right 36? wink

Given the litany of "advice" Mr Snizek has been handing out of late, I don't think there are very many things he gets.

Apr 14 13 04:30 am Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Cherrystone wrote:

studio36uk wrote:

Studio36

Given the litany of "advice" Mr Snizek has been handing out of late, I don't think there are very many things he gets.

"you guys" = a literary device = if the shoe fits = if you are making these bogus claims. It is not meant to be all encompassing, but it's plural because he is certainly not alone.

Studio36

Apr 14 13 04:45 am Link

Photographer

Kezins Photography

studio36uk wrote:

Cherrystone wrote:

studio36uk wrote:

Studio36

"you guys" = a literary device = if the shoe fits = if you are making these bogus claims. It is not meant to be all encompassing, but it's plural because he is certainly not alone.

Studio36

You're trying to claim SG owns the copyright to images before they are even purchased.  The contract for the images is only finalized when a set is purchased.  What sense does that make and why would they even purchase sets if they already own them?  It's a very common practice to withdraw sets after 90 days and shop them on other sites.  Believe what you want though.  Lol

Apr 14 13 10:00 am Link

Model

Paige Morgan

New York, New York, US

Will Snizek wrote:

studio36uk wrote:

Cherrystone wrote:

studio36uk wrote:

Studio36

Studio36

You're trying to claim SG owns the copyright to images before they are even purchased.  The contract for the images is only finalized when a set is purchased.  What sense does that make and why would they even purchase sets if they already own them?  It's a very common practice to withdraw sets after 90 days and shop them on other sites.  Believe what you want though.  Lol

How many sets have you shot for Suicide Girls Mr. Snizek? When was the last time you have a through look over their policies and contracts?

Or are we playing the "I heard from my friend's sister's cousin's hairdresser who shot for SG once...." game again?

Apr 14 13 10:07 am Link

Photographer

Kezins Photography

Paige Morgan wrote:

Will Snizek wrote:

studio36uk wrote:

Cherrystone wrote:

studio36uk wrote:

Studio36

Studio36

How many sets have you shot for Suicide Girls Mr. Snizek? When was the last time you have a through look over their policies and contracts?

Or are we playing the "I heard from my friend's sister's cousin's hairdresser who shot for SG once...." game again?

And what exactly is your experience with Suicide Girls again?  Thought so.

Apr 14 13 10:10 am Link

Photographer

B R U N E S C I

Bath, England, United Kingdom

Paige Morgan wrote:

Apparently, SG is also a great way for shorter models to earn money without getting naked...

lol

Ciao
Stefano

www.stefanobrunesci.com

Apr 14 13 10:11 am Link

Model

Paige Morgan

New York, New York, US

Miss Gothy wrote:

OP .......Jojo is our contest admin, a super awesome person, and as I recall did a good bit of work for SG.....maybe you should send her a polite note? She'd probably have the best answers to your questions:

https://www.modelmayhem.com/15076

Apr 14 13 10:11 am Link

Model

Paige Morgan

New York, New York, US

Will Snizek wrote:

Paige Morgan wrote:

Will Snizek wrote:

studio36uk wrote:

Cherrystone wrote:

studio36uk wrote:

Studio36

Studio36

I'm not telling models anything regarding Suicide Girls, as I've never shot for them. I directed the OP to a very respected member of our community who did a good bit of modeling with them, who can provide factual answers to her questions.

You as usual, are trying to snow newbies into taking something you heard/read somewhere as expert advice.

The only thing you don't misrepresent when you post is your name. Otherwise it's a constant stream of third party misinformation, and you seem to only pop up in new poster's threads.

Do you take joy is misleading people? Or just in trolling? Or both?

Apr 14 13 10:15 am Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Studio36 wrote:
see above posts

Will Snizek wrote:

First tell me who that "contract" you suggest exists is with. Between SG and whom? The model? Certainly not the photographer.

BUSINESS 101 - a primer

As far as the photographer is concerned - and the photographer agreement I have quoted above - there is a contract there and a contract requires three things to complete - an offer, acceptance of that offer, and consideration [payment]. SG presents the agreement, that is the offer, when the photographer signs it they are accepting it, and the agreement specifically sets out what the consideration is in #3, which I have also quoted. Once signed by the photographer and sent to SG with the images it is a done deal. SG owns the images. And they own them regardless of what that fucking FAQ says.

Will Snizek wrote:
The contract for the images is only finalized when a set is purchased.

Get a copy of that photographer agreement and point out to me where it says that. Go ahead. Do it! [or just stop making that claim!]

You just don't get it. They [SG] HAVE purchased them the instant that the photographer signs off on that agreement and sends it back to SG. And that is done on submission of the images to them.

What supposed agreement they might have separately with the model does not concern, involve, or depend on, the agreement they have with the photographer. OR - does any agreement they have with the photographer concern, involve, or depend on, any agreement they might have with the model.

Studio36

Apr 14 13 12:13 pm Link

Photographer

Kezins Photography

Paige Morgan wrote:

Will Snizek wrote:

Paige Morgan wrote:

Will Snizek wrote:

studio36uk wrote:

Cherrystone wrote:

studio36uk wrote:

Studio36

Studio36

I'm not telling models anything regarding Suicide Girls, as I've never shot for them. I directed the OP to a very respected member of our community who did a good bit of modeling with them, who can provide factual answers to her questions.

You as usual, are trying to snow newbies into taking something you heard/read somewhere as expert advice.

The only thing you don't misrepresent when you post is your name. Otherwise it's a constant stream of third party misinformation, and you seem to only pop up in new poster's threads.

Do you take joy is misleading people? Or just in trolling? Or both?

The only one that has misrepresented any information is you.  Go find someone else to troll.

Apr 14 13 12:19 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Is the Quote feature not working in this thread?

Apr 14 13 12:23 pm Link

Photographer

Yan Tan Tethera

Biggleswade, England, United Kingdom

M Pandolfo Photography wrote:

I'm not sure who's saying what any more.

Apr 14 13 12:39 pm Link

Photographer

studio36uk

M Pandolfo Photography wrote:

Sure it is. If anything it is working too well. LOL - it's the mayhem!

At least I am hand editing the posts to try and keep it clear who and what I am responding to.

Studio36

Apr 14 13 03:52 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

Will Snizek wrote:
You're trying to claim SG owns the copyright to images before they are even purchased.

Let's be more accurate and precise, then, since you want to play the pedantics game.

What was shown here is that SG claims they own the copyright in the contract they provide to photographers. What is known is that the photographer must agree to that in writing in order to submit.  What is known is that photographers who have signed such a statement have been held to it multiple times, often at great expense.  Your belief, uninformed opinion, blind faith, or any other thing you consider Truth don't matter when that is in conflict with reality.

What matters
What SG's contracts state DO matter.
What a court says about those contracts matter. (And often proves to be fascinating reading. But I digress.)

What doesn't matter
Your opinion doesn't matter.
How much experience other photographers have with SG doesn't matter.
How many times you state things that aren't true doesn't matter.
How many unrelated questions you ask don't matter.

Their contract matters.

Mr Snizek: when you don't know what you're talking about, it's usually best to stop answering. It might also be a good time to start asking.

Miss Gothy, I do suggest you check out some of the other threads on this topic, being very careful to separate opinion from fact.

Apr 14 13 08:38 pm Link