Photographer

Ayden Grace

Dallas, Texas, US

So, I was looking at an editorial recently and I have been noticing these very beautiful, luminous tones. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how I could achieve this look? I believe it is global dodge and burn but I'm not sure.

Here's a reference:

https://fashiongonerogue.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/camilla-akrans-vogue-japan8.jpg

Apr 17 13 06:20 pm Link

Retoucher

Ledo retouch

Lodi, California, US

One quick and easy thing I often do is make a channel mixer adjustment layer
about 65% red - 35% green, mask to taste.

If it is a tighter shot, sometimes I'll pop the highlights with the history brush
on a white fill layer. I saw that technique on a Gry Garness video that was
very good.

Apr 17 13 07:30 pm Link

Photographer

D A N I E L

Caserta, Campania, Italy

Ledo retouch wrote:
One quick and easy thing I often do is make a channel mixer adjustment layer
about 65% red - 35% green, mask to taste.

Thanks for the tip!! I never played with the channel mixer before until now. Really nice way to tame skin that has tons of red in it, never thought of it, so cool!

Apr 17 13 11:19 pm Link

Photographer

Ayden Grace

Dallas, Texas, US

Yes! Thank you for the tip!!

Apr 18 13 08:24 am Link

Photographer

Gulag

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Apr 18 13 09:08 am Link

Clothing Designer

GRMACK

Bakersfield, California, US

I know onONe "Perfect Effects 4" has 17 (Just counted them.) 'Glow' plug-in filters in it that achieve this effect in one click in Photoshop.  Bunch of others in there to in other plug-in effects called other names too in their 'Portrait' selections.

I've become more impressed with the onOne stuff the more I use it, especially to clean up odd skin colorations.  I used to be a heavy NIK and Topaz user, but the onOne seems a lot different for some reason.

Apr 18 13 09:35 am Link