This thread was locked on 2013-05-17 19:32:37
Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Retouching for Stock Photography

Photographer

LightLab Studios

Seattle, Washington, US

Anyone have any referrals or leads on individuals that focus more on bulk editing for stock? I need files edited to meet specific technical submission requirements at Getty Image that also maintain realism, accurate colors, remove lens distortion, noise, etc. Minimal actual retouching needed other than dust spots and some logos. Files must be interpolated and edited at approximately 16MP (upsized or downsized depending on camera output) from RAW into final TIFFs or PSDs with all layers intact and reversible non-destructive edits.  I make the final crop and submission jpeg. We're talking GBs of FTP and editors that work quickly and efficiently with large batches of images. Hopefully not just a pipe dream. I'd rather be shooting. Cheers.

PS My MM portfolio does not reflect the kind of images I need edited. I can send samples.

May 14 13 01:35 pm Link

Retoucher

stefacos

Rome, Lazio, Italy

LightLab Studios wrote:
Anyone have any referrals or leads on individuals that focus more on bulk editing for stock? I need files edited to meet specific technical submission requirements at Getty Image that also maintain realism, accurate colors, remove lens distortion, noise, etc. Minimal actual retouching needed other than dust spots and some logos. Files must be interpolated and edited at approximately 16MP (upsized or downsized depending on camera output) from RAW into final TIFFs or PSDs with all layers intact and reversible non-destructive edits.  I make the final crop and submission jpeg. We're talking GBs of FTP and editors that work quickly and efficiently with large batches of images. Hopefully not just a pipe dream. I'd rather be shooting. Cheers.

PS My MM portfolio does not reflect the kind of images I need edited. I can send samples.

Hi!

I don't know if I can be of any help, but I'd be interested in editing your images.
If you'd like to discuss this further, please send me a private message.

Best regards,

Stefano

May 14 13 01:45 pm Link

Photographer

LightLab Studios

Seattle, Washington, US

PM sent, cheers.

May 14 13 02:01 pm Link

Retoucher

Mike Needham Retouching

Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom

Budget? Timeframe? Volume?

May 14 13 02:20 pm Link

Photographer

LightLab Studios

Seattle, Washington, US

I'd like to stay under $10 per image, with an average bulk price per 100 images below that. Some image will need minimal enhancements; some will need extra attention. I'd start with 5-10 images and build from there once I'm comfortable all Getty tech requirements are being satisfied.

I don't want any images rejected by Getty for technical reasons so a good editor will know when an image can't be saved and won't waste his/her time or my money trying to fix it. Don't worry, that won't happen often.

If I see a reasonable rate of return from Getty on travel imagery, then I may switch to doing this full-time, and volume could be 1000-2000 images per year. For the moment, I have several hundred images gathering dust from a recent trip to the Philippines.

There's no time-sensitive deadlines and some flexibility with turnaround so in most cases I can work with your schedule. I would like to be able to submit at least 50 images per week to Getty.

May 14 13 02:53 pm Link

Retoucher

Marcus Christopher

Vienna, Wien, Austria

I have a pretty tight schedule at the moment, but your requirements sound very much like what I'm dealing with everyday. I would love to take a look at your images and see, if I can be of any help.

Best regards,
Marc

May 15 13 09:58 pm Link

Retoucher

Riecky M

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland

Hi there I would be interested in the job. So could you send me some more information through pm?

Regards

Ricky

May 16 13 08:21 am Link

Photographer

LightLab Studios

Seattle, Washington, US

I've had a big response to my post, mostly through PM. I have a batch of 9 images for a test edit, if you are interested. These range from easy to more challenging issues such as accurate colors especially good skin tones, lens distortion, harsh or uneven lighting, etc. all while maintaining the proper feel of authenticity and realism in a travel photo. There are no models; these are all real people. No skin needs to be retouched. I want to compare the final results along with prices and go from there. PM me, if interested.

May 17 13 09:59 am Link

Artist/Painter

sdgillis

Portland, Oregon, US

LightLab Studios wrote:
Minimal actual retouching needed other than dust spots and some logos.

what do you mean logos? why are logos involved in stock? Is this your first submission to getty?

May 17 13 10:11 am Link

Photographer

Bruce Talbot

Los Angeles, California, US

sdgillis wrote:

what do you mean logos? why are logos involved in stock? Is this your first submission to getty?

Existing (brand) logos that appear on items in the image need to be removed. wink

bt

May 17 13 10:25 am Link