Forums > Model Colloquy > Relationships and modeling.

Model

Anna Adrielle

Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium

you have every right to want to do nude shoots.

he has every right to break up with you for it.

it would have been different if you were already modeling (and doing nude shoots) when you met; then he knew what he was getting into. However, he met with you and fell in love with you before all this. Now you want to shoot nudes, so something has changed.

It may come down to you chosing between your boyfriend and your wish to shoot nudes. There's nothing wrong with either decision; just follow your heart smile

Jun 19 13 12:19 am Link

Model

Lola Von Smash

Houston, Texas, US

Anna Adrielle wrote:
There's nothing wrong with either decision; just follow your heart smile

Thank you so much for saying this.

Jun 19 13 06:35 am Link

Photographer

Photographe

Bristol, England, United Kingdom

He's chosen to be with you, so he should trust the decisions you make, whether HE likes them or not, it's your decision.

Jun 19 13 08:39 am Link

Photographer

KenBrandon

Dallas, Texas, US

Where you show your "goods" are for you to decide - not him.
He's dating you, he doesn't own you.

You simply have to decide,

Does he have a right to tell you that you cant do something you think you would like ?

In the beginning of my relationship, my girlfriend didn't like the idea of me shooting other women in the nude. Over time though, she has learned to accept that this is what I do - and I will continue to do.

I decided that a "relationship" shouldn't require me to give up something that is a positive force in my life that I enjoy.

I'm not here to tell you what to do, but i'm always leery about someone thinking they have the right to dictate what I can an cannot do.

Jun 19 13 08:58 am Link

Photographer

Christian Lockewood

Houston, Texas, US

Sunkist Meli wrote:
He is a good guy, who has insecurities. And since he does, I'd like to try and work through them, rather than immediately take this red flag and head for the nearest exit.

+1

You don’t need any advice! This is exactly how a mature and rational adult would handle any relationship because like as not we ALL have insecurities and ALL relationships require compromise.

Jun 19 13 08:59 am Link

Photographer

theBeachStrober

Robertsdale, Alabama, US

KenBrandon wrote:
Where you show your "goods" are for you to decide - not him.
He's dating you, he doesn't own you.

You simply have to decide,

Does he have a right to tell you that you cant do something you think you would like ?

In the beginning of my relationship, my girlfriend didn't like the idea of me shooting other women in the nude. Over time though, she has learned to accept that this is what I do - and I will continue to do.

I decided that a "relationship" shouldn't require me to give up something that is a positive force in my life that I enjoy.

I'm not here to tell you what to do, but i'm always leery about someone thinking they have the right to dictate what I can an cannot do.

Romantic relationships are the most conditional relationship you have. She has the freedom to shoot nudes if she wants. Her significant other can express his feeling about it. 

They both have a choice. She can shoot nudes and possibly loose him. If her shooting nudes is too much for him, then he can leave. Or they can work things out.

There isn't a bad guy in this.

Jun 19 13 10:16 am Link

Model

- Aina -

Redlands, California, US

Honestly, honey, I understand what you mean by the "traditional" phrase. It's a bit of a culture thing; for example, my sense of the word and situation is derived from my parents conservative religious belief systems. Personally, it never really clicked well with me since that simply was not then, or now, how my brain worked. I tried to live up to it though. The truth of the matter is that people in general will be envious, fearful, angry at you for showing off your body and not giving to hats about it. If those people are diminishing your quality of life and are attempting to squander part of you in the process, cut ties. From personal experience, it can be incredibly difficult and equally rewarding as well as satisfying. It's also a great lesson to stand up for yourself. In this process, however, never forget to be considerate. Seriously consider different views, if they come up. Put yourself there. If you feel that it works and meshes with your truth as a person, adapt it! If not, then move on. Don't be nasty. Just let it go.

Jun 19 13 10:29 am Link

Model

D A N I

Little Rock, Arkansas, US

Christian Lockewood wrote:

+1

You don’t need any advice! This is exactly how a mature and rational adult would handle any relationship because like as not we ALL have insecurities and ALL relationships require compromise.

I wish more people thought like this. It would probably save a lot of heart ache.

Jun 19 13 10:35 am Link